What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why I cannot yet support ONE Wests Tigers NSW Cup side

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Until either Leichhardt or CSS can provide guaranteed income in terms of paying us to play there I don't see us shifting any games away from Moore Park.

Quickly on the subject of Leichhardt oval MU there is no condemed stand there as it was demolished and the other stand was saved. Latchem Robinson stand is concrete and recently had a corporate facility and media room upgrade. That and before the next game all of the bench seating is likely going to be gone as a new delivery of chairs from the SCG is already delivered to the ground, a move which increases safe capacity etc.

As I have stated elsewhere I am a fan of moving our NYC squad to the macarthur and a greater level of community involvement across the board out there I do not however see a move full time to CSS any time in the forseeable future barring a change to the lease hold agreement at Concord and if that were to occur there are very good deals available in the Homebush precinct which would seem more feesible in terms of a training and admin base than any other options
Just to confirm, was Latchem stand the one which did have the white ant issue and was closed to the public. Just wanna make sure I got that much right.

Cheers.

Just to confirm, was Latchem stand the one which did have the white ant issue and was closed to the public. Just wanna make sure I got that much right.

Cheers.

The grandstand that was demolished was the old "eastern" grandstand from the days when the oval ran east/west.

CrazyTiger

Juniors

Cheers.

The Latchem Robinson stand is the main grandstand and made of concrete. I thought
you were trying to tell me it had concrete cancer.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm referring to the Mary St stands (I thought they were the Latchem stands for some reason)

I was a part of the Stop the Rot campaign back in 2004 to try and get Governments and councils to help get the ground fixed up. The Mary St Stands were closed off to the public then.

No one ever kept me up to date about how that all went when I left Sydney in 2005.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
I'm referring to the Mary St stands (I thought they were the Latchem stands for some reason)

I was a part of the Stop the Rot campaign back in 2004 to try and get Governments and councils to help get the ground fixed up. The Mary St Stands were closed off to the public then.

No one ever kept me up to date about how that all went when I left Sydney in 2005.

You are talking about the Keith Barnes stand. It was renamed after it was fixed.
I don't understand where you get your information regarding maintenance from.

Unless, the main grandstand is crook, the maintenance of Leichardt Oval is actually
very cheap, because the infrastructure is very basic.

innsaneink

Referee

They demolished the hill side one, the main stand one was refurbished and renamed

gronkathon

First Grade
One of the two old wooden grandstands was demolished and condemed and the hill extended around, new retaining wall and steps placed in there.

The other as stated was just salvaged mainly because of the reinforcing work done in the 70's to put in the ticket windows. It was renamed the Keith Barnes stand and houses the smaller female toilets and good old Wimpys well

CrazyTiger

Juniors
One of the two old wooden grandstands was demolished and condemed and the hill extended around, new retaining wall and steps placed in there.

The other as stated was just salvaged mainly because of the reinforcing work done in the 70's to put in the ticket windows. It was renamed the Keith Barnes stand and houses the smaller female toilets and good old Wimpys well

Hi Smeg

The little people just gaze across from the hill at the gentry with envy as they they
flaunt their comforts. Do you have to pay for seating in the Keith Barnes stand or do
you just have to get there early?

CrazyTiger

Juniors
It is a pay seating and where most player family ticketing, etc is located

Could you possibly give us your opinion on whether or not we have anything to fear from
the Independent Commission.

Also (you probably don't know this), can the Independent Commission simply not reissue
a licence and not offer a reason? For example. If Cronulla survive and are financially viable,
can they simply cut them in the name of expansion? If Cronulla is removed from the club
pool (which is a logical move) then that would relieve considerable pressure on Sydney
clubs in the future.

Could you possibly give us your opinion on whether or not we have anything to fear from
the Independent Commission.

Also (you probably don't know this), can the Independent Commission simply not reissue
a licence and not offer a reason? For example. If Cronulla survive and are financially viable,
can they simply cut them in the name of expansion? If Cronulla is removed from the club
pool (which is a logical move) then that would relieve considerable pressure on Sydney
clubs in the future.

Cronulla moving on will open the floodgates for the rest of Sydney to capitalise on their broad supporter base, won't it? :roll:

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Cronulla moving on will open the floodgates for the rest of Sydney to capitalise on their broad supporter base, won't it? :roll:

No, it opens up space for expansion. The stupidity of people like you never ceases
to amaze me. I assume you enjoyed that tonight, being a mindless magpie.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cronulla won't get cut. Manly is at a bigger risk. Sharks and Dragons are about even keel, but they won't be cut.

The IC is made up of board members from all NRL clubs. pretty sure they all have to agree on a decision before anything is passed, so I don't think the 16 NRL clubs now will be cut, unless the volunteer to do so.

Cronulla fans won't support a team that has moved into their area after their own team was cut.

You don't see Norths fans attending Manly games.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Cronulla won't get cut. Manly is at a bigger risk. Sharks and Dragons are about even keel, but they won't be cut.

The IC is made up of board members from all NRL clubs. pretty sure they all have to agree on a decision before anything is passed, so I don't think the 16 NRL clubs now will be cut, unless the volunteer to do so.

Cronulla fans won't support a team that has moved into their area after their own team was cut.

We'll save it for another night. I really want to get a handle on what the IC can actually do.

We need to shake our heads right now. Table wise we are still OK despite having wasted
a massive opportunity. Amazing eight day turn around.

No, it opens up space for expansion. The stupidity of people like you never ceases
to amaze me. I assume you enjoyed that tonight, being a mindless magpie.

Was never a Magpie, assumptions make you look stupid. Although it looks like I've embraced the JV far more than you have ever could with your misguided ideology.

Your original statement was as follows: "If Cronulla is removed from the club
clubs in the future."

What was the intent of that statement? I read it as that Cronulla is now defunct in Sydney, whatever supporter base that chooses to follow Rugby League will run off and divide between the other 8 teams currently located within the Sydney basin. Cronulla are not renowned for having an especially large supporter base, nor membership base but that will relieve pressure on the Sydney clubs via expansion? How? :crazy:

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Was never a Magpie, assumptions make you look stupid. Although it looks like I've embraced the JV far more than you have ever could with your misguided ideology.

Your original statement was as follows: "If Cronulla is removed from the club
clubs in the future."

What was the intent of that statement? I read it as that Cronulla is now defunct in Sydney, whatever supporter base that chooses to follow Rugby League will run off and divide between the other 8 teams currently located within the Sydney basin. Cronulla are not renowned for having an especially large supporter base, nor membership base but that will relieve pressure on the Sydney clubs via expansion? How? :crazy:

Cronulla is expendable (a 67 club along with Penrith). Both clubs are total failures.
Cronulla belongs to St George, but Penrith has a legit reason to exist. I want to see my
club survive and if that mean Cronulla dies I don't care (I would really enjoy after their super league treachery). Their history of begging and debauchery goes much deeper.

With the Independent commission, if Cronulla dies we can breathe more easily. They
have a 200 000 people catchment or so (local never translated). If I was in charge I'd
cut Cronulla's throat outright. Don't worry about painful mergers, but free up a space.

CrazyTiger

Juniors

Well if all decisions have to be unanimous they won't get anything done. This may not
be the case because there are 6 or 7 clubs on the bread line who were so desperate
for money they may have agreed to dangerous things, banking on getting saved from the
TV deal.

The Independent commission is there to do more than just get more money from the
TV deal. They will be looking to do something. That means expansion. The best time
for the IC to attack Cronulla is now, while they can't afford to defend themselves.

St George is a club that should never be messed with -> massive support.
Similarly, Manly is a club with massive support.

Cronulla has few supporters, and their lack of success has translated to little appeal
outside their area. The shire is like a little outpost of Queensland. They are inbreds
with no imagination who will follow league anyway (it just won't be St George).

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why must Cronulla be attacked? or any NRL club for that matter.

The concept of cutting clubs is dopey.

You alienate a chunk of fans and their cash, whose closest team is a very bitter rival who they won't support, all to bring in a team elsewhere whose supporter base may take over a decade to build to the same volume as the team you just cut.

It's smarter to leave them there, so long as they can remain viable (which they are) and bring in new teams when the time is right for it.

You f**kwitted opinion of the Shire isn't justification for kicking them out.

I f**king despise Souths but I'm not going to rally to have them booted from the comp, because I'm not a mindless f**kwit with the intellect of a demented squirrell stuck in a bug zapper like you.

Either grow up and give us proper justification for your opinion or just f**k off completely.