What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why I cannot yet support ONE Wests Tigers NSW Cup side

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Why must Cronulla be attacked? or any NRL club for that matter.

The concept of cutting clubs is dopey.

You alienate a chunk of fans and their cash, whose closest team is a very bitter rival who they won't support, all to bring in a team elsewhere whose supporter base may take over a decade to build to the same volume as the team you just cut.

It's smarter to leave them there, so long as they can remain viable (which they are) and bring in new teams when the time is right for it.

You f**kwitted opinion of the Shire isn't justification for kicking them out.

I f**king despise Souths but I'm not going to rally to have them booted from the comp, because I'm not a mindless f**kwit with the intellect of a demented squirrell stuck in a bug zapper like you.

Either grow up and give us proper justification for your opinion or just f**k off completely.
First off, your ad hominem attacks do nothing to support your argument. The swearing
and carrying on is also pointless.

I understand your point. You wish to amortise the damage of culling clubs. By and large
I agree with you. The exception is Cronulla. It is an exception because they are water
locked (as opposed to land locked). Their lack of success leaves them with few supporters
generated outside their region. They have a very small catchment.

Killing Cronulla will alienate far fewer fans that polluting another club with their brand.
It is up to the IC to make tough calls. Relocate them to WA or kill them. I don't mind
which.

Getting Cronulla out of the Sydney pool of clubs is the best thing for Wests Tigers, and
reduces the risk of being merged with penrith.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
so me calling you an idiot does nothing to support my argument, but you saying Sharks fans are inbreds somehow supports yours.

f**k off you hypocritical moron.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
so me calling you an idiot does nothing to support my argument, but you saying Sharks fans are inbreds somehow supports yours.

f**k off you hypocritical moron.

It was a gentle dig at the shire. I make an argument, and you swear and carry on
and don't address the content of the post.

I don't mean to be rude, but you don't seem to know very much about rugby league
in Sydney, yet you wish to express your views, blogging, twittering, writing arguments.
It is better to refute the argument. If you disagree, explain why.

I am actually trying to help you.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
And you're a knowledgable resource are you? So I disagree with your moronic opinion and that means I have no knowledge.

You're a dickhead and a wanker with no f**king idea what you're talking about.

Full of hot air and f**kwittery and nothing but a troll.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=8459635&postcount=7

Actually, you insult anyone who disagrees with you. I don't understand the point.

If you say someone has no idea what they are talking about, you back that up. For
example, you claimed that Leichardt Oval was not maintained and was condemned
and that was a fact. When you were shown to be wrong, you blamed other forum
users for not keeping you informed. I did not turn around and call you an idiot.

Unfortunately, like most people, for you a troll is someone who disagrees with you.
You should listen more and consider the merit of what you write.

For the life of me I can't understand why advocating for the death of Cronulla on the
LU-Wests Tigers forum to keep the Tigers insulated from expansion could possibly
be construed as trolling.

Last edited:
Actually, you insult anyone who disagrees with you. I don't understand the point.

If you say someone has no idea what they are talking about, you back that up. For
example, you claimed that Leichardt Oval was not maintained and was condemned
and that was a fact. When you were shown to be wrong, you blamed other forum
users for not keeping you informed. I did not turn around and call you an idiot.

Unfortunately, like most people, for you a troll is someone who disagrees with you.
You should listen more and consider the merit of what you write.

For the life of me I can't understand why advocating for the death of Cronulla on the
LU-Wests Tigers forum to keep the Tigers insulated from expansion could possibly
be construed as trolling.

For the life of me I can't understand why you even suggested it... It's not going to change anything as Sydney is a saturated market. You'd have to reduce the number of Sydney clubs to four or five to even see a "benefit" for other clubs, and that's the fans migrating from other clubs who haven't chosen to shun the NRL for robbing them of their team. You'd do more harm than good by killing clubs off at this point in time. The game is only just starting to evolve into a bona fide professional sport. Moving too quickly will hurt the game (e.g. SuperLeague.)

CrazyTiger

Juniors
For the life of me I can't understand why you even suggested it... It's not going to change anything as Sydney is a saturated market. You'd have to reduce the number of Sydney clubs to four or five to even see a "benefit" for other clubs, and that's the fans migrating from other clubs who haven't chosen to shun the NRL for robbing them of their team. You'd do more harm than good by killing clubs off at this point in time. The game is only just starting to evolve into a bona fide professional sport. Moving too quickly will hurt the game (e.g. SuperLeague.)

Because we can't just keep adding clubs indefinitely. It has nothing to do with getting
our hands on Cronulla supporters. How many clubs can we add? Perth, CC Bears,
another Queensland team.

Despite what madunit and people on here want to believe, I don't think the IC will push
towards 20 teams. It dilutes the quality of the football across the board and reduces
the quality of what you sell. It is a case of less is more.

All it takes is a couple of bad seasons, like John Hopoate poking peoples arseholes, and
a few players snorting coke, and not winning to leave a club vulnerable. With our connection
to Campbelltown we could be remerged with Penrith if we start losing again on a
consistent basis. If other clubs fall, the likely of this occurring is reduced.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
I didn't blame anyone on here for anything you dickhead.
"No one ever kept me up to date about how that all went when I left Sydney in 2005."

You wanted to shift four games a year from Leichardt to Campbelltown based on a load
of coddswallop. It is your responsibility to get it right, not the responsibility of others
to keep you informed.

You are someone who writes articles about league, and try to get people to follow you
on twitter. If you fancy yourself as a journalist, get it right.