What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is perth bid so secretive?!

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't think much of u but I thought u were smarter than that. U really think there's a home run entry in Perth they keeping secret until bidding starts?!

Winning the media battle is big part of process. No benefit letting tigers & PNG get their message across unopposed. Hell, perth needs to start building some local support immediately.

Weird approach to sit back. Only makes sense if there's no money or even no bid..
If anything what PNG has just shown is it doesnt matter what your bid is. Pre the Australian Govt coming up with silly money their 'bid' had zero chance. Now theres cash to grab they are faves for team 18.

I suspect if Perth gets a team, or not, will have very little to do with a 'bid', NRL wont be going to open bids, i think that much is clear. It will be what the WA govt and the Consortium are putting on the table. That will be done quietly behind closed doors. It will either impress the commission enough to fast track them as team 19 or it wont. No amount of column inches dedicated to what a perth bid might look like will matter one jot. These things arent decided on public opinion

BuffaloRules

Coach
If anything what PNG has just shown is it doesnt matter what your bid is. Pre the Australian Govt coming up with silly money their 'bid' had zero chance. Now theres cash to grab they are faves for team 18.

I suspect if Perth gets a team, or not, will have very little to do with a 'bid', NRL wont be going to open bids, i think that much is clear. It will be what the WA govt and the Consortium are putting on the table. That will be done quietly behind closed doors. It will either impress the commission enough to fast track them as team 19 or it wont. No amount of column inches dedicated to what a perth bid might look like will matter one jot. These things arent decided on public opinion

I’ve been trying to tell you for some time … the WA Govt needs to do more than having a “big game “ once a year for tourism reasons attempting to get some East Coasters flying over for a not so cheap couple of days away ..

How much do they want a team?

Canard

Immortal
I put Canard on ignore over a month ago. It's good not seeing his stupid posts and pathetic strawman arguments. The bloke is a shit troll desperate for attention.
Watching Tv GIF by Gogglebox Australia

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’ve been trying for to tell you for some time … the WA Govt needs to do more than having a “big game “ once a year for tourism reasons attempting to get some East Coasters flying over for a not so cheap couple of days away ..

How much do they want a team?
That will be a key factor in club 19 decision. Only they and Vlandys know at this point in time.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes … the WA Govt could even get ballsy and try to be Team 18 in 2026 and have PNG in 2028 as Team 19…

But they will need to show them the money
They could, its very hard to know what exactly they are committed to offer. They are making the right noises but how much of that translates into cold hard investment cash only they and the NRL know. I know what my wishlist would be but how realistic that is time will tell. They havent had problem dropping tens of millions on other sports projects in the city so who knows.

I dont think we should enter 2026, Id like to see us have a 3-4 year lead in. Build the physical and club infrastructure, get a side back in SG ball and a nsw cup team in. Be ready for '28 or '29. That would be ideal.

One thing I do know after the 2012 farce is no amount of flashy media releases or bid launch parties makes a blind bit of difference.

BuffaloRules

Coach
They could, its very hard to know what exactly they are committed to offer. They are making the right noises but how much of that translates into cold hard investment cash only they and the NRL know. I know what my wishlist would be but how realistic that is time will tell. They havent had problem dropping tens of millions on other sports projects in the city so who knows.

One thing I do know after the 2012 farce is no amount of flashy media releases or bid launch parties makes a blind bit of difference.

they could offer to pay for a COE for starters for the Men’s and Women’s NRL teams …

I have no idea if the stadium they will play most of their games out of is compliant with male and female dressing sheds to enable double headers to be played … if not .. make it so…

Some more money to help out the NRLW development would be appreciated as well I’m sure…

Some jersey sponsorship as well for a couple of years ?

these are the sort of things I assume the Commission might be looking for …

Perth Red

Post Whore
they could offer to pay for a COE for starters for the Men’s and Women’s NRL teams …

I have no idea if the stadium they will play most of their games out of is compliant with male and female dressing sheds to enable double headers to be played … if not .. make it so…

Some more money to help out the NRLW development would be appreciated as well I’m sure…

HBF park has amenities for womens teams, it had a recent $30mil spend ready for womens world cup.

Id like to see
NRLWA HQ and club CofE built at bold park with a 2500 stand and training pitches - $30mill
Western stand and roof over South stand at HBF park - $120mill
Increased sponsorship to NRLWA jnr programs - $500k a
year
NRLW and womens pathway sponsorship - $250k a year
SG ball sponsorship - $250k a year
WA tourism sponsorship for NRL an NRLW team $500k a year

All up around a $155mill investment. They can afford that no problem.

Problem with sponsorship is like PNG, its at the whim of the govt of the day but at least if we could get it locked in for 3 years itd give the club a good start point.
The two infrastructure programs would provide decent long term benefits for the club.

docbrown

Coach

That's all bare minimum stuff. The thing is Perth Red laughs at the PNG bid but they've got 2 federal governments behind them pushing it and likely tens of millions of dollars a year.

So will the bare minimum cut it?

BuffaloRules

Coach
That's all bare minimum stuff. The thing is Perth Red laughs at the PNG bid but they've got 2 federal governments behind them pushing it and likely tens of millions of dollars a year.

So will the bare minimum cut it?

All that probably costs $100m minimum… how much would you expect the WA Govt to pay?

BuffaloRules

Coach
It all depends if they want to beat PNG or not. I'd be adding some kind of major stadium upgrade to that list if they want to be competitive in the bidding process.

Don’t they have a new “major stadium” for AFL already? doubt they are building an AAMI Park there for the NRL … that could be a bridge too far ..