What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is Souths the most hated team on here?

grouch

First Grade
The simple fact is that I think a lot of posters on this site are 15 years of age or less and have no recollection of Souths ever being even remotely competitive
It's highly likely that there are posters on this site aged 15 or less whose PARENTS have no recollection of Souths ever being remotely competitive

beave

Coach
It's highly likely that there are posters on this site aged 15 or less whose PARENTS have no recollection of Souths ever being remotely competitive

Im 32 and the only time I remember Souths being any good was 1989, minor premiers and then bundled out in straight sets from memory??

Oh and they won a tooheys challenge in 1994...............

TheRev

Coach
I always felt sorry for Souths and their lack of success, so I was happy for the underdog to get up... but everytime a hint of success comes along (and I mean a hint), their fans turn into arrogant sob's.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I wonder what the haters are gunna do when we do win the premiership, this year or next year or whenever it is. Then you people will have an actual reason to hate us. Will be great to watch

Cliffhanger

Coach
Pretty much because of Bunniesman

This! BM makes you hate Souths so much more.

I also despise the fact they call themselves the pride of the league, no team has the right to call themselves that and how they claim to be everybody's second favourite team.

They have a history of whinging and having no ethics (eg what they did to Balmain), despite this they try and play the pity card.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
The 'pride of the league' tag, to be fair, has been around for nearly 90 years. You people carry on like we tagged it upon ourselves last week. Our club didn't coin it. Is it relevant today? No. But that tag is as much a part of the club as the running rabbit on our chest and probably will be for another 100 years.

Stagger Lee

Bench
I wonder what the haters are gunna do when we do win the premiership, this year or next year or whenever it is. Then you people will have an actual reason to hate us. Will be great to watch

I'm guessing we will still be laughing at you regardless ;-) :lol:

So Bunnyderp why do so many south's fans ( the proper ones who go to games) hate you? Is that because you are an idiot or are they the idiots for not liking you?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
The 'pride of the league' tag, to be fair, has been around for nearly 90 years. You people carry on like we tagged it upon ourselves last week. Our club didn't coin it. Is it relevant today? No. But that tag is as much a part of the club as the running rabbit on our chest and probably will be for another 100 years.
It was probably Bunniesman's great grandfather who came up with it. The early C20 version of "We got this".

Knightmare

Coach
I can just imagine two Souths fans sitting in a Redfern hotel, the day before the 1909 Grand Final...

"I say Edward, did you hear the news?"

"No I hadn't, Jack, what is it?"

"The Grand Final has been called off tomorrow. Us and Balmain are forfeiting the game out of a protest at it being the undercard to that splendid Rugby fixture afterwards! Fair call I say, although forfeiting the Final is a bit daft."

"Yes yes of course, that is what we are officially telling Balmain and saying how nobody is going to show up, but trust me my good man: We got this! ;-) "

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I can just imagine two Souths fans sitting in a Redfern hotel, the day before the 1909 Grand Final...

"I say Edward, did you hear the news?"

"No I hadn't, Jack, what is it?"

"The Grand Final has been called off tomorrow. Us and Balmain are forfeiting the game out of a protest at it being the undercard to that splendid Rugby fixture afterwards! Fair call I say, although forfeiting the Final is a bit daft."

"Yes yes of course, that is what we are officially telling Balmain and saying how nobody is going to show up, but trust me my good man: We got this! ;-) "

Rubbish.

More likely he would have said something like: 'We have got this, Old Chap'.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Usually when truly impossible, horrible, non-realities like this happen I wake up in a cold sweat and take comfort from the fact it wasn't real.

Latest posts