What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is Souths the most hated team on here?

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Souths have lost there last two games against top 8 competition whilst the Eels have won two in a row against top 8 teams

Jake Mullaney > Greg Inglis
Nathan Smith > Issac Luke
Chris Sandow > Adam Reynolds
Brad Arthur > Mr Magoo

LRC69

Juniors
Im not sure if anyone hated any teams with as much passion prior to internet forums??
Sure, there is rivalry and getting one up on your mates, but I cant recall hating teasm prior to the net although super league was a precursor.... I hated teams that defected and ruined our game (or set it back a decade or more)

If you said to a not so die hard league fan that you ahte such and such, they probably look at you like you're an idiot!

Im a chook, so its in my dna to hate souths...but I look forward to the day when we are both top 4 material (hasnt happened since I can remember)..now that will fill a stadium!

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I just find it hard to get my head around the fact theyre relevant.

We dont like change. We fear change.

Plus, theyre merkins.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I don't hate souffs, in fact I've always had a soft spot for them. But I enjoy a good lol@souffs, partly out of frustration hoping they'd do well to stick one up News, partly because I'm a lover of running gags, and partly due to the lolworthy reactions of certain souffs suporters and the odd moral crusader like hillbillyjizzer who think the whole thing is serious.

BranVan3000

Coach
Souths have lost there last two games against top 8 competition whilst the Eels have won two in a row against top 8 teams

Jake Mullaney > Greg Inglis
Nathan Smith > Issac Luke
Chris Sandow > Adam Reynolds
Brad Arthur > Mr Magoo

You're right, Eels 2012 premiers

bottle

Coach
Trying to bamboozle people with long winded, innacurate, error riddled posts bereft of fact and reality aren't a sign of intelligence. You're a living example of that. Brevity requires much greater skill.

Try it, you'll fail.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Trying to bamboozle people with long winded, innacurate, error riddled posts bereft of fact and reality aren't a sign of intelligence. You're a living example of that. Brevity requires much greater skill.

Try it, you'll fail.

Brevity is a skill you have in spades. You feel bamboozled do you? That doesn't surprise
me. You must find each day very challenging.

What happened to Fire? Having a sook no doubt.

Loudstrat

Coach
Branvan you stupid idiot - why do you think? How about your post where Trent Merrin pummelled poor Farrell into a bloody pulp when the video evidence sees only a meek jab to farrells side? Souths fans reaction to that, and the subsequent stampede over Young and the two trainers, has overtaken Storm fans reaction to the salary cap scandal as the greatest incidence of an entire fan base having no f*cking idea.

I sat and enjoyed Souths win yesterday - and I dont mint the Tigers either. I think all of us would secretly love to see Souths win a comp, because of their plight in recent decades. Yet the chip on the arrogant shoulder of their fans would make it worse than a merged Manly/Melbourne/Broncos side winning.

Example - Bunniestwat hates Parra, because a CEO we punted threw them a farewell party at a game over a decade ago. Yet he likes Brisbane, despite them demanding Souths die during Super League. Even Broncos fans at their dribbling worst in posts where the Gold Coast is in NSW doesnt even come close.

In short - we wish the club well, and enjoy them in good times. We just think their fans are geniuss.

CrazyTiger

Juniors

Try it, you'll fail.

I'm sensing that you are starting to approaching your optimal level of brevity. Yes, you make
much more sense now.