What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why LOL@SOuffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
who actually first gave souths the title of "the pride of the league"?
It was old man Galeforce. It was about the time of the birth of his first grandchild in around 1928. Souths had just lost to Glebe and he dubbed them the pride of the league to try and boost team moral. It didn't work. Lol@50uff$TID.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
It was the media. You know how 50uff$ fabricate stories to romanticise their creation and play on sympathy and being the first foundation club and the fact they were successful when the term was coined. Basically manipulating the public and the media is an age old tradition of theirs.

TBH it's a disgrace that 50uff$ get away with calling themselves that. Imagine if an AFL team did, or an EPL team. Opposition fans would riot! No team has the right to call themselves the pride of the league, because no team is. Having pride in your team is all good but calling your team the pride of the league shouldn't be tolerated.

It’s not even true that they are the most successful club.
The South Sydney Football club is defunct; it was wound up in 07. They now play for a Cayman Islands-based $2 shelf company owned by an investment firm owned, in turn by an actor and a spoilt rich daddy’s boy.

I'm not sure how you arrived at the notion that the SSDRLFC is defunct. It isn't and never was.

http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=002_487_390&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1

Claude Corbett, who from all reports was a respected journalist in his era, coined the phrase, 'pride of the league' in 1925 in reference to Souths. We've perpetuated it, likely, for the ensuing 85 years, but the term is as much a part of the club as the fabled Sattler jaw-breaking incident or Churchill playing on with a broken arm. Do we believe it? No, not reallly. The club uses it for marketing purposes and the like - just like any club would - but why you people get your back up over things like that and people like Bunniesman and Big Country (who, to any rational person with a sense of reason are very clearly taking the piss out of everyone) is just beyond me.

Anyhow, continue on.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
826930-souths-blog-splash.jpg

Silent Knight

First Grade
I've just put together my post for Dean's blog and I've included a link to this thread. Before I send it though I just want to check with the mods is it okay if I give a free plug to this website or would you prefer if I avoided doing this?

Also, LOL@50uff$

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I've just put together my post for Dean's blog and I've included a link to this thread. Before I send it though I just want to check with the mods is it okay if I give a free plug to this website or would you prefer if I avoided doing this?

Also, LOL@50uff$

i strongly recommend against taking any advice from me, but that gets my:

seal-of-approval.jpg

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
did you know...

that as this moment, this thread has 2,373 posts, and has been viewed 63,798 times..

that works out to 26.885 views per post..

which means that by the time this magical thread reaches it's finishing point (3000 posts), if we keep up that current trend, the thread will have been viewed 80,665 times..

that's massive.. it's close to one view per person in a full ANZ stadium..

ah.. i love my numbers & stats..

77099-004-D77F6DFE.jpg

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Ah, muzby. You've brought back sweet memories of when Tom cruise was souths number 1 fan. Trivia: the jersey Tom wore is the same one that Chrissy "off to greener pastures" sandow now wears.

_Johnsy

Referee
This post reeks of

custom_1236663926278_awesomeness.jpg

Shame it's gonna be locked @ 3000. This thread should never be locked or lost.

Souths biggest signing for 2011 is
captainawesome.jpg

Last edited:

some11

Referee
people like Bunniesman and Big Country (who, to any rational person with a sense of reason are very clearly taking the piss out of everyone)

The problem is dunniesman/nemesis types truly believe their delusions.

It's only a few years before Crowe realises hes wasting his money on a bunch of deadshits and pulls out.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
The problem is dunniesman/nemesis types truly believe their delusions.

It's only a few years before Crowe realises hes wasting his money on a bunch of deadshits and pulls out.

No, they don't. The joke is really on people like yourself. But honestly, it is none of my concern.

And the club broke even in 2010 and will post a profit in 2011. So he isn't wasting any money at the moment. Whether or not he already has 'wasted money' is debatable. But if he was to walk away tomorrow we'd be financially OK.

Cliffhanger

Coach
When big merkinry and dunnies man post in here they're taken the piss out of their fellow 50uff$ fans be it intentionally or unintentionally. All they do is perpetuate stereotypes, while we start paying off the mortgage for a special place in hell reserved for people who those laugh at the mentally handicapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.