Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why so long RTA ?

I was about to do this.

I should have mine within a few weeks :cool:

Dogs Of War

The question is...

whether I should put decent plates on my pile of sh*t car.

Just read a little more. $80 a year extra if I want to keep what numbers I currently have, or if I want to choose what they are (within the limations of ABC - 123), I have to pay $140 every year. What a ripoff.

EDIT : Just saw the auction. I think I may have a go at that instead.

They don't have to be personalised. You can get standard numberplate detail on them.

I'll be getting these without question.....

Might be a little dicey with me living in sharks territory though :lol:

keeney

I think it was Simplicity funerals in Randwick... I saw NRL Coffins. Hardcore sh*t.

I have a slight connection to the plate section at the RTA, and my understanding is there were issues involved with distributing the royalties considering the plates are only going to be used in NSW, but there are teams from outside NSW in the NRL. That leaves the door open for the Storm to get pissy cause they don't get the opportunity to get as much dosh as say, the Knights who have more chance of selling them. So if you give everyone an even share, the Knights could get pissy cause the Storm are making money from the Knights shipping more units.

It's all about the 100th anniversary anyway now. The auction plates look beautiful.

Interesting thing though, the ACT authority sold Raiders plates in the past.

http://www.rego.act.gov.au/assets/PDFs/Non-standard number plates flyer.pdf

smeghead

Already have the black background gold writing personalised with Tigers themed plate.

IMHO That option looks far better than the plain white NRL plates

parra73

Danish said:
I'll be getting these without question.....

Might be a little dicey with me living in sharks territory though :lol:

well imagine me being in the doggies area, here come the riots!!

gong_eagle

what sh*ts me they promote this (footy Show) and the RTA/government gets the annual fee
it is a blatant ripoff

(KW)

In Canberra we have had Raiders plates for 15 odd years, wonder why it took so long for the RTA to get on board??

KW

BrisVegas

Queensland Transport have been advertising Broncos, Cowboys and more recently Titans number plates for year and years. I never realised club plates were not available in NSW.

Funnily enough I see far more Cowboys plates here in SE-QLD than Broncos plates (and am yet to see a Titan plate).

Strangey enough the nsw rta can do all nrl teams, yet the dep transport in qld only have the brains to do the 3 qld teams. Because all people wo live in qld follow one of those sides. Ahh love the qld mentality.

KalgoorlieRed

Anyone getting them?
Gan777-1.png

Tap Twist Snap

_Johnsy said:
Strangey enough the nsw rta can do all nrl teams, yet the dep transport in qld only have the brains to do the 3 qld teams. Because all people wo live in qld follow one of those sides. Ahh love the qld mentality.

It is stupid they have such a narrow view of who QLDers support. For every person you meet who supports a local team you would find probably 8 who support an out of town team. PPQ should pull their finger out i'm sure i'd get a set.