What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Tim Smith play SOO this year?

bluesbreaker

Bench
Mr Saab said:
RABK.
Johns is johns. Just his presence on the field alone boosts teams. Let alone what he does with the ball. No explanation needed there.
Matt Head, Orford, Finch, Kimmorley, Sherwin, Gower....they are all fine players, (well maybe not finch) but they dont have the Johns game. QLd halfbacks can match everyone of those players.
Once Johns is gone the tide will turn back to QLD. Just like how it went to NSW after Wally reitred 1991.

This must've been hard for you to type up, Charles my boy. A post about Johns without mentioning "injury prone" or "overrated" :shock:

MONY said:
no, hes average at best!

I'm glad this comment was given the attention it deserved.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Tim Smith will play Origin, but not this year.

Years ago they struggled with halfbacks, now there's plenty.

I think Prince will and should get the number 7 job. He's proven he can do well at Origin level, did well in 2004 and was unlucky last year.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Thurston, as incumbent, GF player and Dally M POTY, will get the nod. Heather Lockyer at pivot. Prince willunderstudy, but Smith will probably jag a bench spot.

Those that bagged Smith for a duff prelim final ignore Princes duff effort in a test jumper, and the WCC. Prince hasn't shone in his time, save for the back half of last season, and a SOO back in '94. Like Sherwin, Orford, Finch, Seymour and a few others, Prince is in the "hasn't reached his potential" category.

INteresting that Nathan Fein hasn't been mentioned. IMHO, no halfback, bar the odd appearances by Joey between operations, is setting the world on fire. His rep preplacement? Sherwin, the bloke I rate as most likely, hasn't quite got there. Gower is crap when he's there, but at least we can keep an eye on him. Orford can't jag a bloody City Firsts jumper - Manly paid a squillion for a bloke who can only shine on the average Saturday Arvo game, which I guess is here Manly play most. Barrett has missed his calling. Noddy has done his duty. Having said that, any of 'em could do well in the Blues No. 7.

Queensland have botched up anything that remotely looks like a halfback since Alfie. Ben Walker had his eye on the green jacket, but got the ire of Benny. Prince was classy at the back end last year, but has too much poor form in his game. Sheppard was the loser in the QLD merry-go-round that has seen the Cowpats fumble Prince and Fein before him, and plug the holes with Thurston and Firman. At St George, he's probably not worried.

Thurston has the Dally M, and wasn't too bad last year. He's young, and getting better.

Of all the other NRL halfbacks, you can only say that about Tim Smith.

parra73

Juniors
no not yet but give him couple of high pressure games & sudden death matches under his belt & we will hopefully see the rise of the youngster

Latest posts