What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Warriors make the top 8

Im pretty pissed off that the raiders can loan two forwards that are better than the bulldogs players that were suspended, and potentially knock us out of the finals this week, helping them potentially make the 8
Bro we had the opportunity to have players on loan. We decided not to. Bulldogs need it.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Im pretty pissed off that the raiders can loan two forwards that are better than the bulldogs players that were suspended, and potentially knock us out of the finals this week, helping them potentially make the 8
That is pretty sneaky. I don't like the loan thing either, although I acknowledge the COVID thing makes it a necessary evil. The Dragons scenario where they got loan players to replace people who f**ked up was a bridge too far, however.

That is pretty sneaky. I don't like the loan thing either, although I acknowledge the COVID thing makes it a necessary evil. The Dragons scenario where they got loan players to replace people who f**ked up was a bridge too far, however.
The Dragons getting loan players that time due to the stupid party situation sucked for sure. Bulldogs situation is a lot different and warranted imho.

Sneaky how?

jaseg

Juniors
The Raiders literally offered those players to us first. Brown declined, saying he wanted to use some of our younger players that are in Qld already (because Redcliffe). There's nothing sneaky about it.

Reactions: JJ

Blair

Coach
I don't think the NRL has ever been a level playing field.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I don't think we'll make the 8 - since the bye, the Broncos are starting to play some decent footy, so the cynic in me thinks we might get tripped up this week. However, win the the next two and the last game against Titans becomes pretty tasty.

Either way, there's starting to be a lot to like about this side. It's not something that can be faked - this team seems to play for each other. I thought it was f**king brilliant when Walsh stood up to Ryan James. I love the passion Curran brings. They've recruited honest effort guys like DWZ, Montoya, Egan, Aitken etc. Obviously still a massive what-if with the borders next year but I like us as a top 8 side if we can get home, get a better run with injuries etc in 2022. We're a fair way off challenging Penrith, Melbourne etc but I'm getting that sense of pride back in my team, that was miles away in the Kearney days and back.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
I don't think we'll make the 8 - since the bye, the Broncos are starting to play some decent footy, so the cynic in me thinks we might get tripped up this week. However, win the the next two and the last game against Titans becomes pretty tasty.

Either way, there's starting to be a lot to like about this side. It's not something that can be faked - this team seems to play for each other. I thought it was f**king brilliant when Walsh stood up to Ryan James. I love the passion Curran brings. They've recruited honest effort guys like DWZ, Montoya, Egan, Aitken etc. Obviously still a massive what-if with the borders next year but I like us as a top 8 side if we can get home, get a better run with injuries etc in 2022. We're a fair way off challenging Penrith, Melbourne etc but I'm getting that sense of pride back in my team, that was miles away in the Kearney days and back.
It'll be a kind of relief if we trip-up this week. Personally, I don't do the relying on other results thing well. What I find is that following other sides can be just as frustrating as following my own.

For example, the loose-carries, silly penalties, poor sixth-tackle options, lazy defending, set-restarts (given away, of course), great scrambling defence (opposition), flawless catching of bombs (yep, opposition), HIAs and injuries. That was just supporting the Knights last weekend.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I’ve found it funny how the general public react to the Warriors, few close losses to the top sides “same old warriors, they are shit” etc. Few wins against a couple of the bludger sides of the comp “they are going to make the 8, they are awesome” etc

The narrative on the radio all week as well has been that the Broncos game is the toughest of the 3 and the other 2 are walk up starts for a win

nswarrior

Juniors
I’ve found it funny how the general public react to the Warriors, few close losses to the top sides “same old warriors, they are shit” etc. Few wins against a couple of the bludger sides of the comp “they are going to make the 8, they are awesome” etc

The narrative on the radio all week as well has been that the Broncos game is the toughest of the 3 and the other 2 are walk up starts for a win
Broncos will be tough but Canberra will be tougher

SmashEmBro

Juniors
All three teams will be a challenge, Raiders played well last night so will be difficult to beat. Given that we’ve largely been in all of our games this year bar about 3, I think that holds us in good stead.

With our best team available against Canberra and Titans (touch wood) , I’d pick us over both of them

Meth

Staff member
They made a good run of it at the end. Not a season to be ashamed of, given the injuries we've had and the circumstances.

Latest posts