What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will we make the 8?

Robbie'o'Davis

Juniors
have a good feeling we will beat the dogs this week,
we've done it before and they are due for a loss, plus we are firing its gonna be a good game..

voltron

Juniors
all the remaining teams are top 8 teams
such a massive test for us.
exciting month (or so) of football a head of us.

if we do make the semi's after beating most of those teams, then we'll be awesome stead to make a real shake of it

ryana87

Juniors
1 - dogs - 32
2 - rabbits- 30
3 - storm - 28
4 - broncs - 26
5 - cows - 26
6 - eagles- 26
7 - shakrs - 25
8 - tits - 22
9 - knights - 22
10 - tigers - 22
11 - dragons - 22
12 - warriors - 20
13 - raiders - 20
14 - roosters - 17
15 - panthers - 16
16 - eels - 12

Knights
Dogs 0
Sharks +2
Manly +2
Cows +2
Rabbits +2
+8pts

Tigers
Eels- H +2
Drags- H +0
Dogs- A 0
Roosters- A +2
Storm- H 0
+4pts

Manly
Cows- A 0
Rabbits- A 0
Us- H 0
Broncs- H +2
tits- A +2
+4pts

NQ
Manly- H +2
Warriors- H +2
Dragons- A +2
Us- H 0
Sharks- A +2
+8pts

Warriors
Sharks +2
Cows +0
Panthers +2
Drags +2
Raiders +2
+8

Drags
Roosters +2
Wests 2
Cows 0
Warriors 0
Eels +2
+6pts

Canberra
Broncs 0
Panthers +2
Roosters +2
Dogs 0
Warriors 0
+4pts

GC
Rabbits 0
Storm 0
Eels +2
Panthers +2
Manly 0
+4pts

5 - cows - 34
6 - knights - 30
7 - eagles- 30
8 - warriors - 28
9- dragons - 28
10 - tits - 26
11- tigers - 26
12 - shakrs - 25
13 - raiders - 24

provided our f/a stays in the positives and we only loose one game.....we could potentially come as high as 6th!!

cant see raiders/tigers/sharks winning too many more games

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
He really isn't. When I was doing the ladder predictor if we win our next 2-3 and depending on other results we could go right up to 6th spot..

RABK

Referee
Ummm infact, and i am 100% serious about this, due to the way the draw is with a lot of teams from positions 4-10 playing eachother if we win all our games it is actually a possiblity that we finish 4th on 32 points.

It'd require teams like the Broncos, Cowboys and Manly to lose a couple of games to the likes of penrith and parramatta, us to win all 5 of our games and for the top 3 to remain undefeated for the remainder of the year.

So considering 4th is a possiblity if a few results happen, 6th isn't actually that unlikely if a couple of results happen over the next 5 weeks.

RABK

Referee
One of the results im speaking of happening right now with Broncos losing to Parra.

Just win all our games and i'm near certain we'll finish 5th or 6th. Drop only one and it'll be 7th or 8th.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
win them all huh, pfft, no probs!!! :p haha Man i'd love to see that happen to, beating the Dogs is a massive step in that direction. my biggest concern is the Cowboys away! There my smokies for the GF, if it was home, i d bet on us, just them away will be very difficult. Manly at BROOKVALE is a massive ask, even with there poor performances, see who they get back in coming weeks from injury and how they perform to gauge that one, but our last two away wins in succession in NZ and Canberra gives a lot of hope there Sharks at home we'll flog them without GALLEN, or grind out a win if he's there. Souths... f**k EM, we'll dismantle them at home on old boys day!!!

We keep the strong mentality the boys have currently and injury free, we will give this campaign the massive shake we were all hoping for 22 weeks ago!!!

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I'm not sold on the idea of us making the 8. Our draw isn't an easy one and we've left our run very late. I reckon it's a toss of the coin job.

Jono078

Referee
On the other hand the draw is a friendly one in regards to IF we do win 5 of our next 6 games there are a few teams who could drop out of the 8.

Jono078

Referee
Ah of course! Wow this season is coming to an end quickly!

I really want to put money on us to win the comp tbh, I'm getting such a good feeling and at $41 it's nice and juicy.

If we beat the Dogs I bet you that number gets halved.

RABK

Referee
Ah of course! Wow this season is coming to an end quickly!

I really want to put money on us to win the comp tbh, I'm getting such a good feeling and at $41 it's nice and juicy.

If we beat the Dogs I bet you that number gets halved.

Had a free $50 bet and used it on a Swans and Knights premiership double the week after we beat the Tigers. Paying $151 for the win.

Jono078

Referee
Had a free $50 bet and used it on a Swans and Knights premiership double the week after we beat the Tigers. Paying $151 for the win.
That's awesome, good luck dude.

I did the NRL ladder predictor thing again.

The game I had us dropping was against Manly and the Cowboys. That had us at 9th again missing out on F/A.

I then changed the result of us vs Cowboys for us to win by 10 and that moved us up to 5th..

Basically, we can drop 2 games, but we better get our F/A at least to +30-50 if we do drop them. Or we lose 1 and we should make the 8 comfortably.

Here's the link, everyone should have a go http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/LadderPredictor/tabid/10868/Default.aspx

Pedge1971

First Grade

Not saying you've done your money fella, cause anything can happen. But I'd want 1000/1 or more given our draw and chances of making the 8. Also the small matter od the Swans getting up.....

Bookies are robbers..

Pedge1971

First Grade
That's awesome, good luck dude.

I did the NRL ladder predictor thing again.

The game I had us dropping was against Manly and the Cowboys. That had us at 9th again missing out on F/A.

I then changed the result of us vs Cowboys for us to win by 10 and that moved us up to 5th..

Basically, we can drop 2 games, but we better get our F/A at least to +30-50 if we do drop them. Or we lose 1 and we should make the 8 comfortably.

Here's the link, everyone should have a go http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/LadderPredictor/tabid/10868/Default.aspx

Guys, we could go 0/5 with our run, let's be honest. We need a lot of luck and 2 close losses in the next 2 weeks will be our season. I hope it happens (making the 8) as much as anyone but truth be told if we get there we will be talking about unfulfilled potential given we will have beaten 5 teams above us 3 of which are in top 4 just to make it.

With new system we cannot win from bottom 4 and the injury toll from the next 5 weeks will be great as all really tough physical games.

All told, if we tough out the season, compete in all 5 games and win 2 or 3 I will be very pleased. Not trying to be a killjoy but let's keep grounded.

Latest posts