What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Tonga signs with Pirtek Parramatta Eels

that f**k for that, gee we may even be lucky and our halves may be able to put a player into a whole !!!
or see a 2 on 1 overlap on the wing and pass the ball out there for a try instead of kicking it down the opposition's throat in goal for a 20m restart

Last edited:
how good would that be, I could then stop yelling at the TV!!!
i know, souths fans keep talking him down and saying he's not that good as a halfback all he has to do is get repeat sets in the opposition 20 and find the grass from further out that alone will put him miles in front of robson and mortimer

Bazal

Post Whore
Tonga is better than Inglis anyway IMO...Inglis is capable of anything, but he doesn't give a shit. He's a modern Owen Craigie

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
i know, souths fans keep talking him down and saying he's not that good as a halfback all he has to do is get repeat sets in the opposition 20 and find the grass from further out that alone will put him miles in front of robson and mortimer

Souths fans have no idea, I did some research for a post I made in this forum earlier in the year regarding quality halfbacks or 5/8's over the last 5 or so years and what they were doing at the age of 21/22 - while Sandow is far from perfect and has a lot to learn, he has achieved and performed a lot better then most of them, for example

Thurston - 5/8 and bench player for dogs
Orford - don't forget he is a premiership winning half, was still in reserve grade
Prince - yeah he is crap now but wasn't over the last few years, was still a 5/8 not known for his ability to control a game
Cooper Gronk - was not even a regular first grader and still considered bench player with the ability to play several positions
Mahoney - was still a reserve grader
Campese - fringe first grader
Cherry Evans - great player, but still in reserve grade at 21 and made his debut in a very will structured side compared to the crap structure Sandow has played with.

This is just a quick snap shot, but I think you can see what I am trying to say.

jason taylor

Bench
Souths fans have no idea, I did some research for a post I made in this forum earlier in the year regarding quality halfbacks or 5/8's over the last 5 or so years and what they were doing at the age of 21/22 - while Sandow is far from perfect and has a lot to learn, he has achieved and performed a lot better then most of them, for example

Orford - don't forget he is a premiership winning half, was still in reserve grade
Prince - yeah he is crap now but wasn't over the last few years, was still a 5/8 not known for his ability to control a game
Cooper Gronk - was not even a regular first grader and still considered bench player with the ability to play several positions
Cherry Evans - great player, but still in reserve grade at 21 and made his debut in a very will structured side compared to the crap structure Sandow has played with.

This is just a quick snap shot, but I think you can see what I am trying to say.

Maloney is a 5/8

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maloney is a 5/8

The Warriors play with split halves - ie. two halfbacks.

Maloney even plays on the right, where most teams play their number 7.

See also Lockyer and Soward as other 'five-eighths' playing on the right hand side of split halves.

Cue lingard...

ROGUE

Juniors
Tonga is better than Inglis anyway IMO...Inglis is capable of anything, but he doesn't give a shit. He's a modern Owen Craigie

He may not give a shit, but he's a better player than Tonga. To each there own tho

Bigfella

Coach
Tonga is better than Inglis anyway IMO...Inglis is capable of anything, but he doesn't give a shit. He's a modern Owen Craigie[/

Yep. Willie tonga has achieved everything in the game, but greg inglis with multiple premoerships, clive Churchill medals, member of record winning origin teams and multiple match winning performances plus several of the most breathtaking tries ever scored for the kangaroos has wasted all his talent and not dome anything.

f**k me dead.

Bazal

Post Whore
Tonga is better than Inglis anyway IMO...Inglis is capable of anything, but he doesn't give a shit. He's a modern Owen Craigie[/

Yep. Willie tonga has achieved everything in the game, but greg inglis with multiple premoerships, clive Churchill medals, member of record winning origin teams and multiple match winning performances plus several of the most breathtaking tries ever scored for the kangaroos has wasted all his talent and not dome anything.

f**k me dead.

Actually Inglis has never won a premiership. It's easy to look as good as he did with an illegal side around you. Does his CC medal count either? I can't recall.

Anyway, as I said, Inglis is a freak but his attitude sucks. Give me a 100% performer like Tonga any day of the week. I think Inglis will fade out at Souths in all honesty, he hates hard work

And settle down, you're always such a cranky f**k...

Eels Dude

Coach

The difference with Sandow is that he's been playing for LOL@50ouff$ therefore they were desperate and blooded him a lot earlier, and probably before he was ready. Any other club would have waited a couple of years but that's how dumb Souths are. We'll get the benefit from it now.