What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wing is flying to Japan

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Souths management have been sick of him and his manager whinging about not being paid 3rd party deals. The fact is he had to work 4 hours a week at a real estate place to get paid and he didnt fulfil that commitment and then has the hide to whinge to Souths management about not getting paid.

Souths are losing a very good player but if we can use the $$$ he is on for another frnt rower than I'll be happy. Quite simply Wing wasn't happy at Souths and there is no use keeping players who dont want to be there. That being said he is a professional and I have no doubt he will give his 100% for the rest of the year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Full statement from the SSRLFC:

Craig Wing announcement
The South Sydney Rabbitohs have agreed to a request from Craig Wing to release him from the final two years of his contract.

Craig Wing will finish his NRL career at the end of 2009 to take up a highly lucrative two-year deal with Japanese Rugby.

He had approached the Club for a release two weeks ago on compassionate grounds, and after much discussion, the Board agreed to his request.

“Craig’s personal issues have been well documented over recent months,” Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said today. “The contract with Japanese Rugby will go a long way to helping his personal situation and we respect that and wish him well in his further football career.

“It has always been our desire to have Craig see out his contract with our Club, but after careful consideration over the past fortnight, the Board and Management of the Club understand that it was in Craig’s best interests that he be granted a release.

“We certainly wish Craig all the very best in his transition to Rugby Union in Japan from 2010.”

Craig will finish his NRL career having played over 250 first grade games for both the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the Sydney Roosters. During his career he has won an NRL premiership, played for Australia in 16 Test matches and represented NSW on 12 occasions.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time back at the Rabbitohs and I am sad to be leaving both South Sydney and the NRL,” Craig said.

“I truly appreciate the Club granting me this special release and I want to thank Souths for agreeing to my request so that I can move on with my personal life off the field.

“The Members, sponsors, coaches, my team mates and the Board have all been very supportive over the past two years and I thank them for that.

“I started my NRL career here in the red and green and it is fitting that I finish it in this great jersey.

“I am looking forward to finishing the season off strongly and I will be doing my best to ensure we make the finals.”

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/Craig-Wing-Announcement.html

Fein

First Grade
Souths management have been sick of him and his manager whinging about not being paid 3rd party deals. The fact is he had to work 4 hours a week at a real estate place to get paid and he didnt fulfil that commitment and then has the hide to whinge to Souths management about not getting paid.

Souths are losing a very good player but if we can use the $$$ he is on for another frnt rower than I'll be happy. Quite simply Wing wasn't happy at Souths and there is no use keeping players who dont want to be there. That being said he is a professional and I have no doubt he will give his 100% for the rest of the year.

Pretty well right there too, Hitman.

Crocker got the Real Estate gig.

The money involved in the real estate gig pales into insignificance compared with what Wingy lost elsewhere, if the "rumours" are true.

ByRd

First Grade
Sonny Who??? (dogs are doing better without him)

Mark Who??? (saints doing better without him)

and now....

Craig Who???

taipan

Referee
So we can expect him to play for the Japanese union team in the world vichyball cup in 2011.Such is the depth of Japanese union,the national team is becoming chockers with foreigners.:shock:

taipan

Referee
And another thing on the wing move,you can bet your last dollar FitzSimons in the Herald,will have his usual orgasm over a rugby league player switching to union in Japan.The death of rl he will rant on.Bit like the SBW and Gaz departure hey what:lol:.

yeah this is true

however the rumour is he lost a motza thanks to the GFC and other financial un-wizardry

in any case, sad to see him leave souths. good player.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I can't speak for Dogs fans and $BW, but I know most, if not all, Saints fans don't miss Gasnier one iota.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'll await the same cries from idiot journos like last year with SBW... "defections like this will be the end of Rugby League"... what rubbish :lol:

adamkungl

Immortal
I can't speak for Dogs fans and $BW, but I know most, if not all, Saints fans don't miss Gasnier one iota.

imo St George would have an even better side than they do now if Gasnier was there. Anyone denying this is delusional at best, but more than likely a blatant liar. That said, you're right that after a short while no one gives a f**k about the defectors

salivor

First Grade
Wasn't long ago he was paraded out under the welcome home banner:
main-craig-wing-c291cea3-0a05-4884-9a0f-cf06b126ba8b.jpg

God I'd hate to be a Bunnies supporter, nothing goes right for them.

I'm not so sad to see him leave. Good player. Yes. Commited? No.

No heart. Does not play for Souths so he can rest for S.O.O. duties???

Feels sorry he is plying the 3rd S.O.O. instead of Souths vs Penrith after the tiger match? Please Craig. Tell your sad stories over in the japanese press. Maybe they will understand your b.s. better.

Fein

First Grade
I'm not so sad to see him leave. Good player. Yes. Commited? No.

No heart. Does not play for Souths so he can rest for S.O.O. duties???

Feels sorry he is plying the 3rd S.O.O. instead of Souths vs Penrith after the tiger match? Please Craig. Tell your sad stories over in the japanese press. Maybe they will understand your b.s. better.

:lol:

Neville NFI has arrived.

ByRd

First Grade
We dont miss Sonny at all, yeh he was a top player but with him leaving look at the players it has allowed us to bring in and allowed us to change the culture at the club

Latest posts