What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wing Signs with Souths 4 Year Deal

Mal Meninga

Bench
Wing went to Sydney High and has a Filipino background, he probably went there for academic reasons rather than to play Union!

parramaniac2516

Juniors
So the Roosters will be after a hooker now. Hope they dont get PJ as i hear he is looking to play 80 minutes and looking at other clubs.

Muffdaddy

Juniors
Paul Hewson said:
You make me laugh. What an idiodic comment to make. I think you should check your facts out first just like the Roosters should. Firstly Craig is a Souths Junior and has played Rugby League all his life. During his teenage years Wing was playing both League and Union. He came up through the ranks of the Souths Juniors. At the end of the 1997 season he chose to concerntrate his time to League.

So I ask you this... How did Souths poach Wing from Union?????

And I ask you this, Bonox....Didn't he play Aust Schoolboys Union?

dice

Juniors
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...als-souths-deal/2007/06/18/1182019029441.html

The Herald understands Wing, who brokered the contract on his own with Souths co-owner Russell Crowe, is worth about $350,000 a season - even though he told the Roosters the deal was for about $230,000 a year. The Roosters could offer only about $250,000 per year over two years with a two-year option.

So much for Wing wanting to go back to Souths for less. I think Wing's tattoo says it all.

dice

Juniors
Rabbitohs2005 said:
Its all a publicity stunt, its only a contract for 230K a season, my cousin is highly involved with souths.

Are you so naive to think that someone who didn't want to return to Souths would now take a pay cut to go there?

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Muffdaddy said:
And I ask you this, Bonox....Didn't he play Aust Schoolboys Union?

So again how does this answer the question that he was poached from Rugby Union when he was still playing for Souths at the same time? He was playing in the Souths Juniors since he was 6. He chose League over Union when he had to.....

dice said:
Are you so naive to think that someone who didn't want to return to Souths would now take a pay cut to go there?

he wanted a longer contract, and since he didnt really want to go to Union, his only choice was souths, it didnt matter how big the contract was, the length of the contract suited him.

t-ba

Post Whore
Mal Meninga said:
Wing went to Sydney High and has a Filipino background, he probably went there for academic reasons rather than to play Union!

His dad's an old boy. At the time he got admitted into the school (Late 1992) I think the School was still allowed a quotient of Sons of Old Boys to 'maintian school tradition,' in addition to those who got in via the selective schools exam.

He sat commerce at Sydney Uni for a bit, so obviously he's not stupid.

dice

Juniors
Rabbitohs2005 said:
he wanted a longer contract, and since he didnt really want to go to Union, his only choice was souths, it didnt matter how big the contract was, the length of the contract suited him.

If what you say is true it means Wing is not confident of getting a $200k contract in two years time. You should be worried.

jack coburn

Juniors
gee these union ppl crack me up.you play league since your 6 do a few yrs at a high school which bans the playing of league cause their kiddies are to soft then continue playing league and all of a sudden your a union junior.please tell what junior club wing played union for,and i dont mean school side i mean club side,and while your at it tell the junior sides matt guiteau and ryan cross played for.

Tom Ace

Bench
Penance said:
Just asked a Source, Wing is on 230k a year.

Also, Asotasi isnt on 500k :S he is on 440k

Oh, I asked a source too.

Apparently Wing is actually going to be on 400k and Asotasi is being paid in pencils.

Concierge

Juniors
Max Power said:
Imagine having to look at this all the time.

Poor Bunnies.

wingtatoodg6.jpg

Wow I dint realise he was a rooster through and through, I guess he is going to retire at the village in Redfern.