What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wing Signs with Souths 4 Year Deal

Tom Ace

Bench
Spiltmilk said:
He could go back to the tattoo studio and get more added to it.
four letters would do S U C K.

Yeah, but you guys would probably have to win a premiership to do that...And well, we all know how likely that is.

His heart will always be in Bondi. That tattoo should remind you Souffs fans of that every time you see it.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Max Power said:
His heart will always be in Bondi.

Yeah just like his heart was always going to be in Redfern. When he said that he never wanted to play for another club.

I am happy to see that Wing is coming back home. Good to have a local Junior back. I find this funny that the Roosters are announcing this. Very strange that a club announces the loss of a player.

Wing Will Be Five Eighth For Us, There is no other position we desperately need him at, We Got Eddie Paea, Luke Capewell & Jeremy Smith at Halfback, He Might play a few games at half, pending rogers is still in form

Good Signing, and Wing is possibly the roosters most consistent player this year, it will be a massive loss for the roosters, yous just dont see it yet.

OVP

Coach
Max Power said:
Exactly, people are just itching for Rooster fans to turn on our own club, as they do every time they dislike a decision their clubs make. Fact is, every decision Roosters have made this year has been the right one. The only contentious one was Soward and I think he's proving at the moment that letting him go was the right decision.

Good call mate. I was (and still is a HUGE Soward fan) ... but i believe our club is doing the right thing atm. Yeah its sad to lose Wingy, but i really do wonder how his GIANT ROOSTERS tattoo is going to go down in Souffs land :lol:.

I LOVE what the Roosters are doing atm ... i miss a few players ... but hey, our club ALWAYS overcomes adversity. Its just what we do :)

Bench
You other supporters can laugh and mock the Roosters fans and club,but they did the right thing,4 years is way too long to sign Wing up for.
3 years ago you would of signed him for 4 years but not now,any way good luck to the Bunnies.

OVP

Coach
851 said:
You other supporters can laugh and mock the Roosters fans and club,but they did the right thing,4 years is way too long to sign Wing up for.
3 years ago you would of signed him for 4 years but not now,any way good luck to the Bunnies.

Beautifully put ... you see, this is why i like Wests Tigers fans so much ... THEY SEE :) Why ? Because they have the world's best coach, they also CAN SEE.

Youth policy > anything else.

Penance

Juniors
OVP said:
Beautifully put ... you see, this is why i like Wests Tigers fans so much ... THEY SEE :) Why ? Because they have the world's best coach, they also CAN SEE.

Youth policy > anything else.
Ah Well. In the end, you got Harrison.

Harrison to join Roosters

South Sydney captain Ashley Harrison will move to the Sydney Roosters next season after signing a three-year deal.

The Roosters made the announcement earlier today.

Harrison said he was hopeful the move would enhance his representative chances, having made his debut for Queensland in last Wednesday's State of Origin III.

"Whilst I have enjoyed the challenge of helping re-build South Sydney it is important for me to reset my goals and further develop my career," he said in a statement.

Harrison is likely to replace retiring captain Luke Ricketson at lock in the Roosters starting line-up next season.

OVP

Coach
Penance said:
Ah Well. In the end, you got Harrison.

Harrison to join Roosters

South Sydney captain Ashley Harrison will move to the Sydney Roosters next season after signing a three-year deal.

The Roosters made the announcement earlier today.

Harrison said he was hopeful the move would enhance his representative chances, having made his debut for Queensland in last Wednesday's State of Origin III.

"Whilst I have enjoyed the challenge of helping re-build South Sydney it is important for me to reset my goals and further develop my career," he said in a statement.

Harrison is likely to replace retiring captain Luke Ricketson at lock in the Roosters starting line-up next season.

Quite frankly, he can go now, for free.

ozzie

Bench
yobbo84 said:
:lol:.. he's 27 years old and in the best form he's been in for the past 3 years. When he finally gets put back in the halves he'll show the NRL again what he's capable of.

straws.jpg
yes he'll show us his lack of speed is going to be a hinderance to him playing halfback and also his passing game.

He is fine in the forwards but even that speed off the mark as a halfback was also dimishing :crazy:

I am happy to see him go if we continue contracting our younger players.

ozzie

Bench
yeah he'll show everyone his lack of a great passing game that a halfback needs and also his speed has diminished. He is on the way out - i wonder who will be laughing next year.

Muffdaddy

Juniors
Paul Hewson said:
Yeah just like his heart was always going to be in Redfern. When he said that he never wanted to play for another club.

I am happy to see that Wing is coming back home. Good to have a local Junior back. I find this funny that the Roosters are announcing this. Very strange that a club announces the loss of a player.

I didn't know Wing was going back to Union, I thought he was going to the club that poached him from Union...........

Dave Q

Coach
Wing drips of quality.

Elusive, strong and an accomplished defender.

Never has an ordinary match although he is not quite super-elite any more.

A good solid signing.

Players such as Satts, Lang and Girdler saved their best games to near the end of their careers.

The Panthers still havent recovered from their loss.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
something parramatta fans know all about :lol:

Pffftt Hating the Roosters is like hating your own club because the Majority of the Roosters players are from other clubs.:roll:

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Muffdaddy said:
I didn't know Wing was going back to Union, I thought he was going to the club that poached him from Union...........

You make me laugh. What an idiodic comment to make. I think you should check your facts out first just like the Roosters should. Firstly Craig is a Souths Junior and has played Rugby League all his life. During his teenage years Wing was playing both League and Union. He came up through the ranks of the Souths Juniors. At the end of the 1997 season he chose to concerntrate his time to League.

So I ask you this... How did Souths poach Wing from Union?????

Latest posts