What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wing Signs with Souths 4 Year Deal

Hurriflatch said:
are you ever going critisize Roosters management seriously every release over the last couple of weeks you've made it out like nothing is wrong and the players were sh*t.

The Roosters could release Minichellio, Anasta, Solioa, Sa, Myles and Tupou and you'd still find a way to make it look like the players were cra* and the Roosters wanted to get rid of them

why, you can't come up with one argument against my reason for the previous depatures, wings time has come and it's time to move on, what's your point? worry bout your own club and not my opinions

if the roosters released anasta and soliola, i wouldn't give a sh*t, they released wing to keep the others you mentioned and i never said the others were crap i said they had people in front of them which is why they were released after you and others made it look like something it wasn't

Tom Ace

Bench
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
why, you can't come up with one argument against my reason for the previous depatures, wings time has come and it's time to move on, what's your point? worry bout your own club and not my opinions

if the roosters released anasta and soliola, i wouldn't give a sh*t, they released wing to keep the others you mentioned and i never said the others were crap i said they had people in front of them which is why they were released after you and others made it look like something it wasn't

Exactly, people are just itching for Rooster fans to turn on our own club, as they do every time they dislike a decision their clubs make. Fact is, every decision Roosters have made this year has been the right one. The only contentious one was Soward and I think he's proving at the moment that letting him go was the right decision.

keeney

First Grade
4 years is ridiculous for a player who hasn't seen good form since 04. He isn't a half either, sure he won a premiership there, but he's always been a better hooker.

Max Power said:
Exactly, people are just itching for Rooster fans to turn on our own club, as they do every time they dislike a decision their clubs make. Fact is, every decision Roosters have made this year has been the right one. The only contentious one was Soward and I think he's proving at the moment that letting him go was the right decision.

something parramatta fans know all about :lol:

all the players who have switched club this year were all released because they lost their spots or didn't gain them at all, except for flannery, but he is no loss, they were all at the bottom of the pecking order and soward spat the dummy because pearce was elevated above him, and while pearce has done some sh*tty things sticking by him was the right thing to do, what were they going to do hurri, be a darryl brohman and play PL all their career? i wish them luck and never said they're sh*t but they just had no hope of regular footy, i still fail to see how releasing them was bad, from a depth point of view yes, but who are we to stand in the way of players careers? look at it that way, we did right by them

Tom Ace

Bench
keeney said:
4 years is ridiculous for a player who hasn't seen good form since 04. He isn't a half either, sure he won a premiership there, but he's always been a better hooker.

It's quite clear why Wing took the 4 year guanteed deal over the 2 and 2 year deal. He isn't confident that he'd be playing well enough in 2 years time to be able to negotiate a better deal for himself for the next 2. If he isn't confident then it's a good decision.

He'll be 28 or 29 by then and what makes him a good player now (his athleticism) will have waned somewhat and then his lack of a footballing brain will have been shown up.

Great player a few years back...good player now.

Sad to see him go, but life will go on.

P.S It's a shame he had to go and sully his good reputation though by throwing that filthy green and red jersey on. It's a blight on his good character. tsk tsk...oh well you live and learn.

Alex28

Coach
Good luck to Wing - a 4 year contract for a guy who hasn't shown his best in 2 years (at least) is a great pick up.

Ballsy move by Souths - I'll back he's out of there in a few years and playing in England.

Mr Saab

Referee
Max Power said:
He'll be 28 or 29 by then and what makes him a good player now (his athleticism) will have waned somewhat and then his lack of a footballing brain will have been shown up.

Wing was born in Dec 1979.
He will be approaching 32 when his contract expires.

Tom Ace

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Wing was born in Dec 1979.
He will be approaching 32 when his contract expires.

I meant at the 2 year mark in the proposed Roosters 2 & 2 year deal.

I thought he was born in '80 though. Well that just backs up my point further.

Sugar

Bench
Roosters hooker Craig Wing has advised club Chairman Nick Politis that he will be leaving the Roosters at the end of the season and taking up a 4 year contract with South Sydney.

No word from Souths yet,He has not signed but will sign?????
Could do a last minute backflip

brooksy19

Bench
Saab, your reckon its a good signing for the bunnies ?

I dunno bout 4 years of cap being taken up, but his experience will be invaluable for their junior halves/hookers.

Mr Saab

Referee
Great signing for them.
Play him at halfback or hooker...new lease of life, back "home".
Happy for the mixamatosis crew.
4 yrs is risky, but Souths still have to do this to attract players.

Spiltmilk said:
Roosters hooker Craig Wing has advised club Chairman Nick Politis that he will be leaving the Roosters at the end of the season and taking up a 4 year contract with South Sydney.

No word from Souths yet,He has not signed but will sign?????
Could do a last minute backflip

they are supposedly announcing tomorrow and are supposedly upset we've broken the news before them, which is logical

Tom Ace

Bench
Imagine having to look at this all the time.

Poor Bunnies.

wingtatoodg6.jpg

Sugar

Bench
Max Power said:
Imagine having to look at this all the time.

Poor Bunnies.

wingtatoodg6.jpg
He could go back to the tattoo studio and get more added to it.
four letters would do S U C K.

petetheileet

First Grade
HAHAHA it just makes me laugh that they note it as if they are soo proud that the rorters managed to make a higher offer!

Latest posts