What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wooden Spoon betting...

Southernsaint

Staff member
According to the Daily Telecrap, Saints are now $4 favourites for the Spoon thanks to a shocking run of injuries, a bad draw and the fact that Easts are starting to do well.

The thing I find interesting is the contradiction in the article that it will be the JV's first spoon but "the spoon could be bound for Kogarah for the first time since 1938". That sh*t pisses me off. Don't tar the PROPER St George with the JV's brush - it's not as if they'd ever count a JV premiership to the 15 St George titles...

On the bright side, a Spoon would precipitate a total clean out at board & coaching staff level, one would think...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
All of a sudden it's now 38 years since we last got the spoon and apparently we have NEVER won a premiership. They are very selective when it comes to talking about our achievements aren't they.

Didn't Illawarrra win it in the early 90's. Looks like the Steelers club have more experience in keeping the spoon at the club so just give it to them.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I echo SS's thoughts. The f**king NRL has selective memory when it comes to history. Either include our bloody premierships in the mix of stop dragging up history we supposedly don't have!

big pat

Coach
if we run last i'm going to get drunk, and i'm gonna stay drunk until the 2008 season starts.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Slippery Morris said:
Didn't Illawarrra win it in the early 90's.

We got it '85, '86 and '89.

But yeah - either give us credit for all the Dragons grand finals victories AND the Steelers spoons
-OR-
Start the JV on scratch.

Dragooner

Bench
Only $4?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Man, we got lucky!

I was expecting like $1.01!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts