What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woolford Not Wanted!

Raider_69

Post Whore
i love pete's scoop
he has claimed that we herd it here first... anyone listening enough would have herd the germ to saints thing back in april... :lol: i have no doubts that he is going to saints but this bloke hasnt the faintest! and i loving watching him sqirm!

legend

Coach
Woolford did his shoulder today against the Dogs and will be a year older next year. I'm know I'm stating the obvious but Saints have great forward depth and surely there are better prospects in the lower grades?

It's a strange signing from where I sit and with his judiciary record and injury record, I'll have to reserve judgement until I see him round around in red and white.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The reason suggested (from a reliable source ;-) ) is that Woolford may work well to help tighten up the halves. Saints are stretched in that area what with the injuries to Head and the letting go of Firman, Lewis etc. If Hornby got injured we'd be in deeper strife. All goes without saying. Makes a little sense and word is that this is the view within the coaching staff, if you believe rumours. Mind you, the nice fella who said it also reckons that Willie Peters is a top half back.

parra pete

Referee
Woolford's signing will be announced tomorrow and Clinton Schiffoscke will be a Queensland Red.....(scoop)

Rexxy

Coach
Another odd comment I've heard is that "he likes to win". So maybe competitive spirit and some attitude may be in his favor. But agree with Legend that it is a strange coupling.

Willow said:
The reason suggested (from a reliable source ;-) ) is that Woolford may work well to help tighten up the halves. Saints are stretched in that area what with the injuries to Head and the letting go of Firman, Lewis etc. If Hornby got injured we'd be in deeper strife. All goes without saying. Makes a little sense and word is that this is the view within the coaching staff, if you believe rumours. Mind you, the nice fella who said it also reckons that Willie Peters is a top half back.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
parra pete 01 June 2006 said:
Woolford will sign tonight or tomorrow...
parra pete 03 June 2006 said:
The announcement is imminent. Probably after tonight's Raiders 25th Year celebration.
parra pete 08 June 2006 said:
Read all about them in the Sunday Telegraph...
parra pete 12 June 2006 said:
Just forget I posted it...Remind me IF it doesn't happen...
parra pete 12 June 2006 said:
You either want the news or you don't.
parra pete 20 June 2006 said:
Woolford's signing will be announced tomorrow
lol.

Wobbygong

First Grade
The canberra times just had an article stating Schif wasn't going to exercise his get out clause?

Also read a few days back in the Canberra Times that Woolford and Saints were close but money was still an issue.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Its a question of faith.
Pete's strike rate leaves a lot to be desired, but he'll get it right eventually. Like most followers, he just needs to brush up on his timing.

parra pete

Referee
First with the Meninga to coach Qld,
First to announce Henry @ Raiders
First to post Woolford to St George..Saints a little tardy to release the news.
First to announce Schiffoscke WILL become a Red...
First to nominate Scott, and Johnson as Qld starters in SOO 1.

Not a bad strike rate. You either believe em or chuck em away. Doesn't affect me one way or another. I don't create them, I just post them OK..

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Pete said:
Doesn't affect me one way or another.
Oh I don't know, from your posts it looks like you live for the scoop.

Friendly question Pete, are you a bit of a name dropper? I reckon you'd be a real hoot at weekend bbqs.

parra pete

Referee
Willow said:
Oh I don't know, from your posts it looks like you live for the scoop.

Friendly question Pete, are you a bit of a name dropper? I reckon you'd be a real hoot at weekend bbqs.

:lol: name dropper...love it..and boy am I good at it...:lol: and if you don't believe me, ask Russell Crowe. :lol:

gregstar

Referee
parra pete said:
First with the Meninga to coach Qld,
First to announce Henry @ Raiders
First to post Woolford to St George..Saints a little tardy to release the news.
First to announce Schiffoscke WILL become a Red...
First to nominate Scott, and Johnson as Qld starters in SOO 1.

Not a bad strike rate. You either believe em or chuck em away. Doesn't affect me one way or another. I don't create them, I just post them OK..

hmmm. first to anounce.......
parra petey said:
I agree. We can handle the pressure, you chokes, oops I mean blokes, can't

rex hunt has more cred than you

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Parra Pete must be only fella who is the first, and the last, with a scoop.

parra pete

Referee
Willow said:
Parra Pete must be only fella who is the first, and the last, with a scoop.

:lol: whatever that means...Sorry if you don't like Woolford. I just told you, (btw..before anyone else), that he was going to be a Dragon. I didn't sign him....

But despite that what has the fact that the Dragons have choked in their last five Grand Final appearances to do with that???? He could be just the bloke to lift your team out of the finals doldrums.
Why take me to task for giving you correct information. Do you blokes OWN this forum??
Where is your information for the benefit of Dragon supporters. It is too easy for you people to focus on the negatives...
There are plenty of people on the St George forum who would want me to keep them informed..If you don't believe me run a poll on my credability..compared to Gregstars and Willows..

.JOHNSY

Juniors
How long are we expected to wait for the announcement pete? I for one would like to hear it before 2007

parra pete

Referee
Tomorrow from what I have been told. Does it really matter when tho? He will be a Dragon for 2007/2008.