What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worcestershire v Australians at Worcester Jul 2-5, 2013

booligal bill

Juniors
I'm not convinced Cowan is a lock for #3. If anything, last nights innings might have been a minus. I wouldn't be surprised if they go for Khawaja at 3.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Sunshine
Rogers
Hughes
Clarke
Smith
Cowan

Khawaja may play instead of Smith, but highly doubt it, Warner Is a better chance. Also Cowan may bat at 5 and smith at 6

Lock that in Eddie for the first test

beads6

First Grade
I hope they don't pick Cown. Only good thing about him is his fielding at short leg.

Timbo

Staff member
Smith is still scheduled to be sent home if Clarke is fit for the Lords test.

Highly unlikely he's in the side unless they change that.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Smith is still scheduled to be sent home if Clarke is fit for the Lords test.

Highly unlikely he's in the side unless they change that.

The National Selection Panel advised that NSW middle-order player Smith would join the squad until at least the beginning of the second Test, where it will be reviewed as to whether he will stay on with the team for the remaining matches against England or head to South Africa to captain Australia A.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-24/smith-added-to-australia-ashes-squad/4775004

Not sure why they would play him in this warm up game over Usi. Usi along with Cowan are the last blokes you want not to be in the middle gaining some form and game time.

Id say Smith would be in the first test XI. Pointless playing him in both warmups (and him scoring runs) to then be excluded, doesn't make sense, though wont surprise me

lockyno1

Post Whore
Not sure why they would play him in this warm up game over Usi. Usi along with Cowan are the last blokes you want not to be in the middle gaining some form and game time.

Id say Smith would be in the first test XI. Pointless playing him in both warmups (and him scoring runs) to then be excluded, doesn't make sense, though wont surprise me

To a point I agree, however I don't see either one as the answer in England, we need some new blood in there that have extreme potential- talking Joe Burns, etc.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well he has scored more than Khawaja. Then again I wouldn't play either. This is the PERFECT time to blood someone like a Joe Burns at number 6. Don't see why they didn't consider this.
Burns is a good player, i just think Cowan who averages 33 at 17 games is as good as he will get. And if it was a choice between him and Oozie i would choose Oozzie every time. I agree with you Burns is a good player who should get a chance sooner rather than later.

beads6

First Grade
Smith might play instead of Warner. They might want a quality fielder at point and Smith fits the bill?? I'm not sure. I think they should just pick Warner at 6.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Burns is a good player, i just think Cowan who averages 33 at 17 games is as good as he will get. And if it was a choice between him and Oozie i would choose Oozzie every time. I agree with you Burns is a good player who should get a chance sooner rather than later.

I don't see why we can't just play Burns, there was a time where we used the number 6 to unearth the next superstar...now we are playing Cowan...enough said!

lockyno1

Post Whore
You dislike Khawaja cause you've either got no idea or you're a racist it's that simple really. He has scored a mountain of runs to earn his place in the squad, didnt set the world on fire in the tour games until his last start where he topped scored.. Emphasis on top scored! Now he can't back that up to further his credentials? It's absurd but considering you know nothing about cricket (your knowledge stems from roll on deodorant ads) I dont expect you to use that chick pea between ya ears known as ya brain to work it out because you simply can't beat stupidity.

Top score...well I must have missed Khawaja's score over 90...oh that is right didn't happen, and easy runs on the last day have no bearing. The fact is he is yet to work on his issues of leaving too many balls, he is too much a "4 or nothing" player and it doesn't work. I dislike Khawaja as every time he has been in he is either being average with the bat OR dropping catches...of which neither he has improved.