What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worcestershire v Australians at Worcester Jul 2-5, 2013

Timbo

Staff member
They've got Jim Maxwell in the box for BBC H&W if people are interested.

Timbo

Staff member
Hughes, of course, played for Worcestershire last season so knows these bowlers intimately.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Apparently some of the Worcester boys threw grapes at him when he went out to play earlier. Nice revenge here.

He's got 40 odd runs off the last 15 balls he has faced. Raced to 80*

BunniesMan

Immortal
Clarke gets his 50.

Hughes, Watson and now Clarke have done real well in these warm up games. Huge responsibility on their shoulders in the Ashes.They are really the only special talents we have in terms of batsmen. Need all 3 of those big guns to fire.

I reckon they all need to average above 40 if we are to win.

Timbo

Staff member
Hughes out trying to play a ramp shot for 86.

Great knock by all reports. Lock him in for Trent Bridge.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Really think Khawaja deserves to play ahead of Cowan but if he wasn't even in this game I don't like the chances of it happening.

Timbo

Staff member
Really think Khawaja deserves to play ahead of Cowan but if he wasn't even in this game I don't like the chances of it happening.

Jim Maxwell's parting words to BBC H&W were 'expect Hughes and Clarke to bat 3 and 4 in Nottingham'.

Leadst me to believe:

1-Watson
2-Rogers
3-Hughes
4-Clarke*
5-Smtih
6-???????????????????????????????????

aussies1st

Staff member
It really feels Hughes will be coming in at 5 based on how he has lined up in the 1st innings.

Timbo

Staff member
I am very upset we did not roll them in their second dig.

Concerns me greatly pre-ashes.

RHCP

Bench
I am very upset we did not roll them in their second dig.

Concerns me greatly pre-ashes.
Me too. I was hardly confident going in, but if we can't get 20 wickets in a tour match, we'll be struggling to get 20 against England.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
very flat track, thats why we made so many runs

I think its more important to play our batsman in as our bowlers will be fine on a test ppitch

TheParraboy

Staff member
meh, our 2nd string attack, bird and harris got some overs under their belt in case they are needed for the 2nd test

Latest posts