What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

word on the street cronulla is moving to the central coast

I know what the plan was, but that's what happened. Since that period we've also been lumped in the same basket with the Sydney clubs.

Surely

Post Whore
Yes I'd like to see them relocated to either the GC or CC, both have a successfull history in league ..... NOT !

We mightn't have a premiership but we have a minor premiership, and after all, thats all a premiership used to be, the team that finished on the top of the comp at the end of the year.

borat

Bench
Surely said:
Yes I'd like to see them relocated to either the GC or CC, both have a successfull history in league ..... NOT !

We mightn't have a premiership but we have a minor premiership, and after all, thats all a premiership used to be, the team that finished on the top of the comp at the end of the year.

Well the Roosters should head off to Bali now as the job is done already. Who plays for that trophy. Its not important its the minor premiership that every team craves.

When Sharkies players and supporters get their jerseys do come automatically with that novelty sized "L" for your forehead? Jeez you sharkies supporters must struggle for a reason to get out of bed every morning knowing you face another day in Looserville.

I don't even know if I can read another one of your posts. Come back when you win something, anything, $2 on a scratchy or the chook raffle at sharks leagues club. Just something to give you any sort of credibility. That Amco Cup is getting awfully lonely.

wittyfan

Referee
dimitri said:
hahaha

cronulla fans always doing their best to make their team sound successful

:clap: :clap: :clap:

What about your feeble with Lebanon? :lol: They are a joke and do nothing for International League!!!!

dimitri

First Grade
sullyfan said:
Southernsaint said:
Jimbo said:
Southernsaint said:
What have the people of the Central Coast ever done to deserve the Cronulla Sharks?? You get less for murder...

Cheers,
Ben S.

What did the poor people of the South Coast do to deserve being associated with St George?

Cheers,
Jim B.

Touche - an even worse comeback than I was expecting from someone of your stature, Jimbo. That truly was Surely or Sharkies All The Way-esque.

You'd have to ask the people of the Illawarra. They were the ones dead keen to form the Joint Venture with us. Guaranteed NRL football, a massive fan-base, plenty of funding.

If Illawarra had of went it alone (which they should have given Souths' successful court action), they would have had 12 NRL games a year, instead of half that. They definitely got the rough end of the pineapple, and football on the South Coast will forever be poorer for it.

Souths ended up losing on appeal to the high court

News Ltd didnt bother kicking them out or force souths to pay costs because they thought that would cause further damage

borat

Bench
Jimbo said:
1999 Minor Premiers

:D

:lol:

You truely don't get it do you. No one gives flying toss you won the minor premiership in 99, 89, 79..... Its such a sign of the pathetic excuse of a club that talks of its "glory days" as the year we won the minor premiership. The fact that you couldn't go on to win the title just shows what a joke and pathetic excuse of a rabble you support. Oh, and just incase you forgot what happened to the sharks in 99, here is a reminder

ST GEORGE-ILLAWARRA DRAGONS 24.
Tries: Mundine 3, Patten.
Goals: Bartrim 4 from 4.

defeated THE SHARKS (Cronulla-Sutherland) 8.
Tries: Peachey.
Goals: Rogers 1 from 1, Healey 1 from 1.

Venue: Stadium Australia. Crowd: 51,627.
Date: Sun Sep 19.
Referee: Steven Clark.
Penalties: N/A.
Half time: The Sharks 8-0.
WRL Man of the Match: Anthony Mundine (St George-Illawarra).

Thats right. The dragons carved you a new arse!!!!!

et

Juniors
borat said:
You truely don't get it do you. No one gives flying toss you won the minor premiership in 99, 89, 79.....
Better to win the minor premiership and a hundred grand than sfa...

borat

Bench
I just find it funny that Sharks fans keep talking about 99 as it was some sort of glorious season for you when the truth is you were humiliated.

Why don't you just go and play Jim Beam Cup for a few years. If you win that you might gain some respect. Just a thought :D

wittyfan

Referee
borat said:
I just find it funny that Sharks fans keep talking about 99 as it was some sort of glorious season for you when the truth is you were humiliated.

The tears and the carry on a week later went some way to making up for the disappointment. :lol:

et

Juniors
borat said:
Well we didn't have an 8 million dollar team and still manage to lose...

Zetland Zoo

Juniors
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
Yeah, you had 1 more than us in the squad of 25, yet still we had more players in the run on side for the GF. And most of our players were Illawarra juniors.

Man I feel for you guys I am a gong boy and when the steelers came into the comp some of my mates changed to support the "local" team, for many years illawarra juniors entered the big time thru other nswrl sides many through the once mighty st george. What an overdue idea was it to have a local illawarra side.

The ludicrous nature of this merger is in evidence as you two joust with each other.

When your admin decided to merge with st george they sold out the scarlett and became a st george harlot. When the admin from st george decided to merge they destroyed a once proud traditional club they no longer exist and are yet to win their first premiership.

I do think though that as far as players go st george did better by getting access to the steelers roster than vice versa.

My club has done some devestating things and caused me embarrassment and shame, but I am proud that we didn't knuckle under to the murdoch jackboot.

Zetland Zoo said:
Man I feel for you guys I am a gong boy and when the steelers came into the comp some of my mates changed to support the "local" team, for many years illawarra juniors entered the big time thru other nswrl sides many through the once mighty st george. What an overdue idea was it to have a local illawarra side.

The ludicrous nature of this merger is in evidence as you two joust with each other.

Thanks Zetland Zoo.
The worst part is for the people like me who grew up with the Steelers, who stuck with them, and then have it taken away. Generation lost.

We were nearly in the comp in 1939 but a thing called WWII put those plans on hold, then the 1954 bid was ready to go ahead but was blocked by the Country RL and then again a bit later, until we finally broke through in December 1980 (the only people who voted against it at League headquarters were the 3 lousy CRL blokes).

I bet the several generations of league men who dreamed of seeing the scarlet jersey in the big time would be disgusted at the way Bob Millward sold us out (and he didn't waste time doing it either).

We've always done it tough... guess we'll just have to stay positive and see what the future brings.

no no no the sharks aren't moving to the central coast they are implementing a staged merge with newtown - lower grades first so the fan's get used to it and then the nrl.

The new team will be called the Cronulla Jets - the jersey will be the sky blue of cronulla and the dark blue of newtown and black and white.

They will play 4 games at each of these venue's - toyota /henson and the central coast ground.

Jimbo

Immortal
Okay everybody, hands up if you're an idiot.

Generalissimo, I'm looking in your direction...

taxidriver

Coach
Jimbo - if consistency is an important consideration then the Sharks are a shoe in to move.

almost 40 years with nothing to show for it is fairly consistent.