What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

word on the street cronulla is moving to the central coast

Jimbo

Immortal
Southernsaint said:
McSharkie said:
They had all the quality players too.

LOL, that's why when the team made the Grand Final in 1999 there were more Saints players than Steelers players in the side.

NEXT!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

The key word there being 'quality'

Misanthrope

Staff member
Wouldn't surprise me if the Sharks did make a move. The word from the NRL is that three or four Sydney based clubs have approached the NRL regarding the $8 million payout to move to the Central Coast. The obvious ones were Souths, Wests, and the Sharks. There was apparently some buzz about the Bulldogs making the shift too. Considering they're not really associated with a particular part of Sydney anymore, that wouldn't surprise me either.

There was an article in the SMH about a fortnight ago about it. I'll try and dig up a link.

hotsnow

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
What have the people of the Central Coast ever done to deserve the Cronulla Sharks?? You get less for murder...

Cheers,
Ben S.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jordovski

Juniors
Sharks fans,
If it meant the survival of your team with classy players for the future (well you've gotta win the comp one day!), what are your feelings on the Sharks being moved to the Central Coast/Gold Coast?

Southernsaint said:
McSharkie said:

LOL, that's why when the team made the Grand Final in 1999 there were more Saints players than Steelers players in the side.

NEXT!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

No, actually there were more Illawarra players in the GF. 9 Illawarra, 8 St.George of the 17.

Jimbo

Immortal
Accuracy has never been at the top of Benny's list of priorities though, has it?

Jordovski said:
Sharks fans,
If it meant the survival of your team with classy players for the future (well you've gotta win the comp one day!), what are your feelings on the Sharks being moved to the Central Coast/Gold Coast?

I don't see my club as a franchise. As far as I'm concerned, the Central Coast Sharks or the Gold Coast Sharks would be new teams, regardless of whether they had the same players and strip etc.

That said, I don't believe there's any more to this thread than a bit of stirring.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
Southernsaint said:
McSharkie said:

NEXT!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

No, actually there were more Illawarra players in the GF. 9 Illawarra, 8 St.George of the 17.

Of the squad of 25 that year, MOS-82??

Cheers,
Ben S.

PS: Hi, Jimbo.

Yeah, you had 1 more than us in the squad of 25, yet still we had more players in the run on side for the GF. And most of our players were Illawarra juniors.

Macca

Coach
:lol: clutching at straws. I said the quality players came from Illawarra and that trend has continued. When will all the St.George juniors be wiped.

Macca

Coach
Southernsaint said:
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
Southernsaint said:
McSharkie said:

NEXT!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

Of the squad of 25 that year, MOS-82??

Cheers,
Ben S.

PS: Hi, Jimbo.

BTW, you said side not squad as quoted.

t-ba

Post Whore
sullyfan said:
If Illawarra had of went it alone (which they should have given Souths' successful court action), they would have had 12 NRL games a year, instead of half that. They definitely got the rough end of the pineapple, and football on the South Coast will forever be poorer for it.

And if everything went the way of Rupert, There'd be no first grade football at Wollongong...Period! :lol: .

Sharks- a helping hand in Killing League on the South Coast :lol:

t-ba the hutt said:
sullyfan said:
If Illawarra had of went it alone (which they should have given Souths' successful court action), they would have had 12 NRL games a year, instead of half that. They definitely got the rough end of the pineapple, and football on the South Coast will forever be poorer for it.

And if everything went the way of Rupert, There'd be no first grade football at Wollongong...Period! :lol: .

Sharks- a helping hand in Killing League on the South Coast :lol:

Actually Ribot wanted the Steelers to join SL. They even toyed with the idea of Wests Illawarra being the SL team.

t-ba

Post Whore
Riiight...Source Please?

Super League's ultimate vision was 1 Melbourne, 1 Adelaide, 1 Auckland, 1 Perth, 1 Canberra, 2 QLD, 1 Hunter and 4 Sydney (1 for every compass point). Illawarra would have been purely periphary to the Southern Sydney Mega Club.

Jimbo

Immortal
McSharkie said:
:lol: clutching at straws. I said the quality players came from Illawarra and that trend has continued. When will all the St.George juniors be wiped.

Shouldn't be too long, there are only two left!!

Thomson is already two years past his use-by date, and Gaaaaaz wants out ASAP :lol:

Riiight...Source Please?

Super League's ultimate vision was 1 Melbourne, 1 Adelaide, 1 Auckland, 1 Perth, 1 Canberra, 2 QLD, 1 Hunter and 4 Sydney (1 for every compass point). Illawarra would have been purely periphary to the Southern Sydney Mega Club
It was real. It didn't happen because everyone down here kicked up a stink about it as we were all 100% behind the ARL.

Dr Stephen Martin (who was in the Keating Government at the time, and was speaker of the house of reps) resigned from the Steelers board in disgust because they refused to even talk with SL, and because they sacked Graham Murray for being a SL spy/recuiter.

t-ba

Post Whore
That wasn't Super Leagues Vision :| .

Super Leagues Vision was

1 Melbourne
1 Canberra
1 Adelaide
1 Perth
1 Auckland
1 Brisbane
1 NQLD
1 Hunter
4 Sydney

If Factiva still has the files I'll dig ug the Article that states the Vision. wooing Illawarra was simply a consequence of the plan not surviving contact with the enemy.