What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World club challenge

Pjf04b

Juniors
You don't think Kenny or Garner could of done with the extra run?

Kenny in particular was playing 30 mins at hooker now to go to 80. Even 20 mins last week would of been helpful.

1 team played their top team last week, 1 didn't and it showed
The players who played in the World Cup weren’t allowed to play last week.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Nathan was saying through the week that Kenny is an 80 min hooker, not sure Luke is in the 17
I wouldn’t read too much into Nathan talking up his team mates.
He Also said that Critter has always done a good job when he’s gone back to FB, we all know that’s horse crap, he’s never been a good FB

Original Name

Juniors
Couple of people on here could perhaps learn to watch teams before commentating on them.
Looking at the team statistics on NRL.com there was a lot in the game which obviously is reflected on the scoreboard.

The individual player statistics make interesting reading, the established performers appeared to have decent returns.

One debutant in Hosking topped the tackle count with fifty plus tackles and ran for almost 100 metres, played big minutes. The other debutant in Garner according to NRL
.com had three runs for 27 metres, not sure what to make of that.
Left edge= run shape to try and score. Right edge take a hit up edge in general. Garner runs the decoy line that Tago used to run that Kiks got the ball out the back of.

Last edited:

saintnickle

Juniors
If you honestly believe that, you’re either an idiot or never watched the English Super League.

They just won an NRL trial game, even Parramatta win those…
Your just a Biased sore loser who has just watched his team Humiliated in your own back yard...You will learn the saying... Never Write off the SAINTS!!!!!World Club Champions and deserved winners.

We lost and I’m sure fans of our NRL competitors will take delight from that. All good, that’s footy.
And that’s the sad part. Such fans that you’ve referred to (especially the usual blow ins that have already made their presence felt in this thread - not you @hindy111 ), will see this as their highlight of their miserable seasons since their own clubs consistently fail against us time and time again…..

Kilkenny

Coach
Watched a bit of the replay, sometimes on fast forward, we really were way off the pace really. Appalling conditions probably didn’t help, but no excuses we were very clunky and didn’t really threaten, even when we had some decent possession and field position in the second half. Just have to suck up it up, very disappointing.

Kilkenny

Coach
This game is a small glimpse into the future. Service slow and sloppy from dummy half means that Yeo and Cleary are less effective.

Our Edge has nothing in attack or defense as Hoskings and Garner are absolute plodders. Luai looks lost without a barnstorming backrower next to him.

I know we were missing Edwards, Marto and Sorenson but honestly if we had either Api or Kikau, yet alone both, we win tonights game comfortably.
Api and Kikau are no longer at our club so really we can’t use them as an excuse.

Ivan is going to have to do some soul searching around who fills the Kikau spot because it impacts so many other players. We know we don’t have a like for like, early days but it is a major, major worry going forward.

Wizardman

First Grade
This definitely has the first looks of a team that has been bitten by the salary cap.

Penrith will still be there when the whips are cracking but whether they will still have the edge they have had over the rest of the comp.....only time will tell.

They simply do not have another Api and looked very dull around the hooking role tonight. Maybe Soni Luke will provide some spark there.....I get the feeling he'll need to.

They do not have another Kikau either. Garner had a bit of a mare tonight but he can be better. He can hit a hole when he gets going. Hosking has big room for development. Once again, not a Kikau but seems like a guy that will keep things honest for the Panthers. I think they will need a guy from within their system that has some attacking nous.

They can win it again.....but it will be a tougher ride in 2023 to get there.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Your just a Biased sore loser who has just watched his team Humiliated in your own back yard...You will learn the saying... Never Write off the SAINTS!!!!!World Club Champions and deserved winners.
Biased? This is the Penrith Group you realise.

what sort of loser goes into an opposition chat group and comments after winning a trial game….

I know who, You do.

Kilkenny

Coach
This whole notion around Luke Garner running good lines I don’t know where the evidence is.

3 runs tonight, yes 3 runs in about 60 minutes for 27 metres.

If you look at guys career stats, this is not entirely a new phenomenon he rarely achieves over a 100 metres and if he does it is most likely to have originated from the odd line break, not of his own making where he picks up 40-50 metres from one run.

I don’t know what the answer is, probably too early for Maverik, could Riki be worth consideration. He just looks a bigger body, more threatening with the ball in hand, just as athletic.

Kilkenny

Coach
He’s as much a reserve grader as you are a good judge of a footy player
Again without the benefit of being able to view tonight’s performance closely, I would think Hosking would have to be in front of Luke Garner in the pecking order. The stats, while not the be all and end all, speak for themselves. Hosking work rate, if nothing else was pretty good.

Panfa

Juniors
I think hosking is fine he will be good for us.I didnt like what i saw from garner tonight hopefully its a 1 off and he gets better.Ive got preston riki in front of garner for rd 1 but i know ivan will go garner instead.On tonights game we looked out of sorts,got off to a bad start and never recovered.Biggest mistake was moving 2 players out of position to cover 1 spot fullback.Never been a fan of chrichton at fullback hes too slow and brings the ball back like he is scared of being hit.Turuva had to play fullback and chrichton should have stayed in the centres.Not sure why we would reward a guy who turned his back on our club.