What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Game i Have ever witnessed

Gronk

Staff member
Parra-Mattas hit the nail on the head in another thread. We have a history of lifting for big games and getting pantsed in the games that we are supposed to win.

This has been happening since our senior players were rookies, so I can only lay blame on the Cayless, Hindy, Burt, Finch etc who should have the experience to be more prepared for these games than they obvioulsy are.

Agent Mulder

Bench
I feel very sorry for Daniel Anderson and Nathan Hindmarsh, Deadset Hindy tries he f**king heart out, Anderson has to clean up this rubbish, I said last night before going to work to my wife after seeing the score " We will never win a comp with our mangement" Ie. Fitzgearld etc etc, We have released so many players like Tahu and PJ Marsh and Morrison and replaced them with no one!!

Just on PJ Marsh, Has anyone seen him play a bad game when he wore the Number 7?? I remember a few times back in 2000 and 2001 he ripped some sides apart when at halfback, Shows more ticker then Brett Finch.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
I feel very sorry for Daniel Anderson and Nathan Hindmarsh, Deadset Hindy tries he f**king heart out, Anderson has to clean up this rubbish, I said last night before going to work to my wife after seeing the score " We will never win a comp with our mangement" Ie. Fitzgearld etc etc, We have released so many players like Tahu and PJ Marsh and Morrison and replaced them with no one!!

he didn't let them go and he's not in charge of signings

fish eel

Immortal
same, I thouight he did quite well last night...

Yeah, Burt did OK last night.

As for the topic, a change in the board might not change the personel and give us a better 2009 - but a strong board with a focus on football can only be good for our on field prospects.

bartman

Immortal
Imo it won't make the slightest difference to these type of performances from this particular squad of players.

In the past we've blamed Coach Smith, Coach Hagan, and now Coach Anderson is taking some heat. Some people are even trying to blame Fitzy for the on field performance :lol:

It's about time the players and the players alone wore the brunt for what they are producing week to week. But the trouble is that we have guys who are on such good deals they shrug off bad performances, they are cocooned from real life and not accountable for not putting in 100%. It would be different if the over paid merkins had real jobs, and had to mix with real people Monday-Friday instead of sip lattes away from Parramatta or go behind the velvet rope at the Sapphire Club.

What a change at management level might do is come up with ideas where the players are forced to mix with the community at Parra a bit more... not just appear at hospitals for sick kids etc, but have after match functions at th eclub after every Sydney game, have players appearing at a stall in Church St near the station every week, get the players realising their predecessors did this for more than just the money and the lazy lifestyle, they did it for the hopes and dreams of the fans of the area.

But since we aren't even being shown any policies by the challengers to the Board less than 3 weeks before the election, I believe a bunch of businessmen and women sitting behind chairs at monthly meetings won't make an iota of difference to this team's performance.

Change the Board simply for reasons that relate to the Board's performance, don't infer in them super powers they can't and won't live up to.

eelandia

Juniors
Seriously...

1. You're an idiot. Burt wasn't running his 2nd man plays but he brought the ball back better than in the previous three games. A line break and a second line break that would have come if we hadn't have been given the penalty for in front of the kicker. Plus, several times he managed to evade a couple of tacklers with nice footwork and change of direction before scrambling for a few extra metres.

Also, as already mentioned, your 3P line is ridiculous.

Repeat:

1. You're an idiot.

I was bemused with the Burt line...probably his best game for a long time but maybe that's not enough?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Correct me if im wrong, But i thought it was up to Fitzy when it came to how much money we were gonna use for Signings etc etc.?

we, like the 15 other clubs spend 4.1 mill on players, the problem is managing the squad under the cap, which under the responsability of Hagan has been diabolical and we're paying for it now...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
But Fitzy is responsible for signing Hagan, he should be sacked for that alone. Its a shame DA couldn't have got his hands on the 2007 squad :(

we, like the 15 other clubs spend 4.1 mill on players, the problem is managing the squad under the cap, which under the responsability of Hagan has been diabolical and we're paying for it now...

I think diabolical is to kind of a word

I am thinking mephistophelian .

"the problem is managing the squad under the cap, which under the responsability of Hagan has been mephistophelian"

Mephistopheles is the evil dude who Faust sold his soul to

... so in our case that translates to ...

Hagan is the evil dude who Parra sold their soul to

Damn straight!

And now we are paying thr price

*by the way, mephistophelian truly IS a synonym for diabolical*

fish eel

Immortal
Imo it won't make the slightest difference to these type of performances from this particular squad of players.

In the past we've blamed Coach Smith, Coach Hagan, and now Coach Anderson is taking some heat. Some people are even trying to blame Fitzy for the on field performance :lol:

It's about time the players and the players alone wore the brunt for what they are producing week to week. But the trouble is that we have guys who are on such good deals they shrug off bad performances, they are cocooned from real life and not accountable for not putting in 100%. It would be different if the over paid merkins had real jobs, and had to mix with real people Monday-Friday instead of sip lattes away from Parramatta or go behind the velvet rope at the Sapphire Club.

What a change at management level might do is come up with ideas where the players are forced to mix with the community at Parra a bit more... not just appear at hospitals for sick kids etc, but have after match functions at th eclub after every Sydney game, have players appearing at a stall in Church St near the station every week, get the players realising their predecessors did this for more than just the money and the lazy lifestyle, they did it for the hopes and dreams of the fans of the area.

But since we aren't even being shown any policies by the challengers to the Board less than 3 weeks before the election, I believe a bunch of businessmen and women sitting behind chairs at monthly meetings won't make an iota of difference to this team's performance.

Change the Board simply for reasons that relate to the Board's performance, don't infer in them super powers they can't and won't live up to.

Oh I think they're putting in - I just dont think they're up to it.

Maybe 2 or 3 players aside, our squad is either past their best or still to show they're up to first grade.

barney gumble

Juniors
I think diabolical is to kind of a word

I am thinking mephistophelian .

"the problem is managing the squad under the cap, which under the responsability of Hagan has been mephistophelian"

Mephistopheles is the evil dude who Faust sold his soul to

... so in our case that translates to ...

Hagan is the evil dude who Parra sold their soul to

Damn straight!

And now we are paying thr price

*by the way, mephistophelian truly IS a synonym for diabolical*

WTF. Time to put down that pipe you're smoking.

mickdo

Coach
yep..that's right, he f**ked up big time there, from what i hear there wasn't even another potential candidate in the running.

I assume you mean they weren't considering anyone else, not that there weren't any other potential candidates... Jason Taylor and several others were certainly available at the time

Last edited: