What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Game i Have ever witnessed

TheRam

Coach
the thing with mass changes is that you break up all the combinations that have been formed from last year and pre season. while its easy to say you need all these changes it will take quiet a few weeks to see the changes actually work

What freakin combinations?

Stagger eel

Staff member
yep to all...

as far as I'm concerned we don't have a combination that would tie the shoe laces of the 99 Wests Magpies side....

I think it's time to play with it until we get it right.

Juniors
I'm another that doesn't post often (hah, ever, this is one of my first posts!) but feel I need to after having enough of what is going on with our team. There is enough talent in the playing roster to make the 8. A slow start is OK if you finish strong but his year just looks like a continuation of last year.:(

I don't disagree with your sentiment here bartman, but maybe a better choice of words for this.......

......Players that aren't and won't be world beaters (but that's OK if the rest of your squad is firing):
Burt
Grothe
Smith
Finch (but with no other halves option alongside him)
Cayless (these days, capable of.........

Wasn't this guy the captain of the World Cup winning team? (ie: world beaters):p;-)

eel01s

Bench
Not sure how reliable or accurate this is, it's from a forum post on Sportal and its not complete (ones with ?s were not mentioned)... but it's a start.

http://forum.sportal.com.au/yaf_pos...ofiles-Updated-as-of-61008-Please-Sticky.aspx

Parramatta EELS
Coach: Daniel Anderson

Joe Galuvao (2009),
Josh Cordoba (2009),
Matt Keating (2009),
Todd Lowrie (2009),
Junior Paulo (2009),
Taulima Tautai (2009),
David Baumann (2009),

James Grehan (?)
Justin Horo (?)
Kevin Kingston (?)
Jeremy Latimore (?)
Marty Lewis (?)
Tim Mannah (?)
Anthony Mitchell (?)
Greg Nicholls (?)
Callan Richardson (?)
Jeff Robson (?)
Etu Usaile (?)
Brod Wright (?)
Jono Wright (?)

Luke Burt (?)
Nathan Cayless (?)
Jarryd Hayne (2010),
Krisnan Inu (2010),
Eric Grothe (2010),
Weller Hauraki (2010),
Nathan Hindmarsh (?)
Kris Keating (2010),
Feleti Mateo (2010),
Fuifui Moimoi (?)
Joel Reddy (?)
Tim Robinson (2010),
Brendon Oake (2010)

Brett Finch (2011),
Ben Smith (2012),

Oh s**t, we are screwed for 2010 too!

Oh s**t, we are screwed for 2010 too!

And 2011. Finch's contract goes through to end of 2011. Anyone got phone numbers to the English clubs?

If I remember correctly, Finch's contract was extended soon after he put in a great performance in the 2nd half comeback against the Bulldogs. Talk about an overreaction on our part :x

lingard

Coach
I'm another that doesn't post often (hah, ever, this is one of my first posts!) but feel I need to after having enough of what is going on with our team. There is enough talent in the playing roster to make the 8. A slow start is OK if you finish strong but his year just looks like a continuation of last year.:(

I don't disagree with your sentiment here bartman, but maybe a better choice of words for this.......

Wasn't this guy the captain of the World Cup winning team? (ie: world beaters):p;-)

No; there isn`t enough talent in the roster to make the final eight. We have a team of inexperienced players, players who are over the hill, and players who are workman-like but not stars. We don`t have one single recognised star. Not one origin player (except Hayne, who played as a winger, and probably was selected prematurely IMO). If you were around in the sixties, when Parramatta had about six players in the Australian side, but still couldn`t make the finals - then you could complain. But not now. We need to buy players; and that won`t happen this year or next year.

theicemandanno

Juniors
Finch and Mateo had a good combination developing in the halves last year. Why arent they playing there this year?

Hayne is a fantastic fullback. He wants to play there.....put him there.

Make room for Galuvao, Hindmarsh and Smith in the backrow.

I dunno....will we see this team next week?

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Reddy
4. Inu
5. Grothe
6. Mateo
7. Finch
13. Hindmarsh
12. Galuvao
11. Smith
10. Moi Moi
9. K. Keating
8. Cayless

Bench:
14. Wright
15. Mannah
16. M. Keating
17. Hauraki

lingard

Coach
Just curious, but on this forum are we aver allowed to give credit to the opposition? If so, then last week Canberra were awesome! They played out of their skins! A near perfect game for about 60 minutes. And on Friday night, Easts were tremendous. Their defence was awesome, and Braith Anasta did the rest. Both Canberra and Easts would have beaten a lot of teams, maybe most teams. But Parra weren`t perfect, and Parra lost so ....Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo...'that`s the worst game I`ve ever seen'.
GROW UP !

bartman

Immortal

:lol: Good point, got me on a technicality!

But it's frustrating hey, to have players (like Cayless, but lots of others) who you know can stand up and play to or near their best on occasion, but to not really get near that on a week to week basis. No consistency, not enough desire.

jk13

First Grade
hurt my heart to watch zeb play well for the knights 2nite, another that departed our shores. broderick wright is a keeper, might be the only shining light to come outta this yr. i'll refuse to tip para against any understrength team until they get their sh!t together

ROGUE

Juniors
was listening to wok ryan on abc radio this evening about 6 ish and he was responding to an emailer, and he said that he heard rumours that there's certain younger members of the squad who just won't listen and they tend to think they know it all

hineyrulz

Post Whore
was listening to wok ryan on abc radio this evening about 6 ish and he was responding to an emailer, and he said that he heard rumours that there's certain younger members of the squad who just won't listen and they tend to think they know it all
Well these young blokes should learn to know it all at Wenty. With a certain number 7.

Bigfella

Coach
I think it's easy for people to draw that divide between younger players and senior players.

But could you really blame the younger brigade for being sceptical about having the law laid down by the senior blokes - ie Finch, Cayless, Burt?

And are the senior blokes trying to deflect blame onto the younger blokes rather than honestly looking at themselves?

read: Hayne.

strider

Post Whore
I find it surprising the number of times you see Hindy make reference to Hayne in some sort of context of, Hayne is sorting his attitude out now

Latest posts