What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Knight line up

Spike

First Grade
With the likes of Reegan Tanner, Steve Witt, Sean Rudder and Justin Ryder playing for the knights over the years. How crap of a side can you make?

1 Glen Frendo
2 Dairi Kovae
3 Russell Wyer
4 Russell Richardson
5 Tony Herman
6 Sean Rudder
7 Steve Witt
8 Matt Jobson
9 Max Chapman
10 Brett Shore
11 Michael McKeirnan
12 Andrew Price
13 Reegan Tanner

14 Adrian Shelford
15 David Thorne
16 Jamie Fitzgerald
17 Mark Hughes (not boozy - the other one)

macavity

Referee
see you Steve Witt and raise you James Wynne

Rudder, for all his failings, is not the worst 5/8 we have had.

over to you, Roops....

Spike

First Grade
Greg Smith only played the one game so didn't really come into calculation

James Wynne is looking at being a French international at the world cup.

I could go with Tighe over Richardson but Richardson's fall from grace is more dramatic. Granted he was beyond help by the time he reached Newcastle

Rudder as with Tanner is the definition of medicoracy. Simply you could get someone in the crowd wearing a Knight's jersery and replace them with Rudder and the majority of people wouldn't notice the difference. I hated the fact that he played for as long as he did. After he did leave, he was exposed for the fraud he was.

roopy

Referee
Todd Bates must be the 5/8 i reckon - an actual Hagan clone - only slower, worse hands, less vision etc etc. Hagan was a plodder who worked hard at making as few mistakes as possible and Bates was like Hagan lite.

James Wynne was the biggest ball hog in history - but strangely - he has lived in France long enough for residency and is now a regular in the French national side.

Tim Maddison in his second spell at the Knights would have to be the worst prepared guy to play firstgrade - pulled out of retirement when he was well past it - given half a game or so in PL and dropped into firstgrade to make a fool of himself. A sad end for a guy who was a Knights junior who went well elsewhere.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Tim Maddison in his second spell at the Knights would have to be the worst prepared guy to play firstgra

Christ, he was terrible. I wanted to kick the TV screen in everytime he came near the play.

roopy

Referee
Spike said:
I'd still rather Wynne than Witt
Witt even got a MOTM from memory - but he was like the girl with the curl - when he was good he was very, very good, but when he was bad he was horrid.
I hate Wynne for the number of time he made me scream at him to pass the f**king ball to Kidley in PL - but i suppose he was just ordinary in firstgrade - not shocking.

roopy

Referee
Misanthrope said:
What exactly does that mean?
It's an old nursey rhyme.

There was a little girl
who had a little curl
right in the middle of her forehead
when she was good
she was very, very good
but when she was bad
she was horrid.

Nuffy

Bench
You blokes missed some gems

What about

Brian Quinton
Todd Lowrie
Nathan Barnes
Glen Miller
John Allanson
Arnold Krewanty
Darren Forward
Brett Grogan

Misanthrope

Staff member
Grogan's hero was Batman. If he could have dinner with three people - one of them would be Batman. His favourite movie was Batman. His favourite TV show was Batman. The stupidest thing he ever did was jump off his roof dressed as Batman.

Grogan was Batman.

Jono078

Referee
I really didnt think Witt was too bad, he only really played in 2004 and I thought he went fairly well with Gidley in the halves.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Misanthrope said:
Grogan's hero was Batman. If he could have dinner with three people - one of them would be Batman. His favourite movie was Batman. His favourite TV show was Batman. The stupidest thing he ever did was jump off his roof dressed as Batman.

Grogan was Batman.

Ah, sh!t boy.

Good to see the Knight Ryder hasn't got a mention.

roopy said:
Tim Maddison in his second spell at the Knights would have to be the worst prepared guy to play firstgrade - pulled out of retirement when he was well past it - given half a game or so in PL and dropped into firstgrade to make a fool of himself. A sad end for a guy who was a Knights junior who went well elsewhere.

Luke Davico in his second year at the Knights would have to be the worst prepared guy to play firstgrade - should of of retired and he was well past it - given half a game or so in PL and dropped into firstgrade to make a fool of himself. A sad end for a guy who was a great for Canberra.

Couple of adjustments and you've got Davico!