What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst player in the NRL?

Meth

Staff member
I don't know about the worst in the NRL, but I have never seen Matt Prior have a half-decent game.

Fire

First Grade
I don't know about the worst in the NRL, but I have never seen Matt Prior have a half-decent game.

Being a Saints fan you watch all your players closely, and he was a beast in 2009. I'm hoping he finds that form again this year as his contract is up for renewal.

But yes, having a "quiet" 2010 to 2012 is a bit frustrating.

Stagger Lee

Bench

I have many times.

I have seem him have some pretty average ones too. Both Nathan Brown and Wayne Bennett rated him so who am I to critizise. However I think the poor bloke has suffered by trying to keep him as a utility player ... he his no longer first grade centre standard (to slow) but I do rate him as a decent squad level second rower who needs to bulk up and have the balls to tell any coach who wants to play him as a centre again to f**k off :cool:

rabbitohs95

Bench
Shaune Corrigan, legit is the worst player he has done nothing for us and produces so many more errors than anyone else...

STORM.99/07

Bench
kristine inu really ordinary season 2012.Went M.I.A in GF.
speedhump soward was just a wasted space in 2012
brian smith..

Jason Maher

Immortal
The former Balmain halfback? I thought he played for the Wallabies, which kind of suggests he had at least a smidgen of footballing ability. And what is his relevance in a thread about NRL players anyway?

no name

Coach
Being a Saints fan you watch all your players closely, and he was a beast in 2009. I'm hoping he finds that form again this year as his contract is up for renewal.

But yes, having a "quiet" 2010 to 2012 is a bit frustrating.

Agreed, Prior showed enormous potential in '09.
Has been pretty piss poor since, but still has time to turn it around.

From my observations, Morgan from the Eels has been found out numerous times. Probably isn't ready for NRL level yet. Hopefully it doesn't cruel the rest of his career.

It's pretty sus trying to find the 'worst NRL player' because all players show something positive that gets them a run in the first place.
Most of the ordinary players get a run due to injury and/or poor depth.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Snowden and Blair were well paid for being listed on the team sheets last season. That was their best achievement in season 2012. They may not be the "worst" players going around but looking at their salary v performance they sure didn't do their reputation any good. Jennings another thief.

Ben Roberts continues to impersonate a rugby league player. Surely this is his last throw at the stumps if he doesn't produce something for Parra this season.

Tone83

Juniors
Ok some pretty silly suggestions coming out now, everingham is one of the most promising young wingers around right now and inu is seriously one of the best players in the nrl. Anyone with a spectacular highlight to their name shouldn't get a mention, these guys have loads, especially inu.

Canard

Immortal
Beau Champion is just not up to NRL standard. Even Willie Tonga thinks he hogs the ball a bit.

gypsy

Bench
Jarrod Croker is intensely average. No real speed to speak of, limited footwork, misses key tackles, and can find a choke with the kicking boots when it matters too.

Hearing his name even floated around for Origin is just evidence of how the talent pool has deteriorated over the last 5 years.

Canard

Immortal
Jarrod Croker is intensely average. No real speed to speak of, limited footwork, misses key tackles, and can find a choke with the kicking boots when it matters too.

Hearing his name even floated around for Origin is just evidence of how the talent pool has deteriorated over the last 5 years.

He was a 50/50 chance of playing.