What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst player in the NRL?

mozza91

Coach
Cameron Ciraldo is right up there consistently makes 1st grade despite being bloody hopeless in attack and defense.

Hanscholo

Bench
In the category of how the f**k did they make a career out of football Ty Williams has to be right up there. Never mind Bani.

Talanexor

Juniors
In the category of how the f**k did they make a career out of football Ty Williams has to be right up there. Never mind Bani.

Bani I 100% agree with.

Ty Williams, before the injury, was a gun. The North QLD back 3 circa 2004-2007 was something special. Admittedly Ty Williams was probably the weakest link, but he was still a very good winger.

Don't forget, we've also had guys like Scott Minto & Shannon Hegarty play on the wing for us too.

F*ck me, no wonder we've struggled...

My picks:

Dale Copley. So many chances in first grade, still hasn't shown any reason why he should stay there.

Adrian Purtell. I know he's had health issues, but he was still a rubbish footballer. Too slow for the backs, too small and weak for the forwards...

Justin Carney. Boom rookie, went to his head, signed with Easts and then disappeared off the face of the planet.

Ben Hornby. Average fullback, even worse halfback. Poor man's Kurt Gidley (who himself is a poor man's Shaun Berrigan). How he captained a side to a premiership, I'll never know.

Matt Keating. Hands down the worst starting hooker in the NRL

From my own club, Glen Hall is probably the worst. 60m and 15 tackles in 50 mins is not a very high workrate....

Last edited:

Hanscholo

Bench
Bani I 100% agree with.

Ty Williams, before the injury, was a gun. The North QLD back 3 circa 2004-2007 was something special. Admittedly Ty Williams was probably the weakest link, but he was still a very good winger.

Don't forget, we've also had guys like Scott Minto & Shannon Hegarty play on the wing for us too.

F*ck me, no wonder we've struggled...

lol making up for it in forwards now.

Hench

Juniors
I feel a bit sorry for David Simmons. Tighe is equally as shit and getting off free in this thread.

beave

Coach

f067e0dd.gif