What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst refereeing decision you've seen

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Penalty against Anasta for copping a punch from Fa'alogo.

Or even better in 2001 a Bulldogs player was report for a high tackle, but he was the player with the ball. :?

_Johnsy

Referee
551136-brett-morris.jpg

WTF Franky, you can clearly see both of his feet are well inside the field of play.

You're off your head !!!!!

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Frank_Grimes said:
Needs More:

"The decision that went against my team and I'm still upset about"

The Billy Slater "strip" in the 06 Grand Final.
The Shaun Berrigan shepherd that wasn't called in the 06 Grand Final.
The Matt King no try in the 06 Grand Final.
Justin Hodges throwing the ball over the sideline and Brisbane getting the scrum feed in the 06 Grand Final.

And right on cue, in comes butthurt Butters, still crying about the fact that his team cheated and still weren't good enough in '06.

:lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I love the continued reaction on Barba's Round 25 try. The inference he didn't ground it is hilarious.

What a great TRY.

The Anasta one was fine because the penalty had already been given. It can't be reversed. The bad call was not sending Faalogo to the bin at least.

_Johnsy

Referee
Cannot remember the game, I am sure someone will know it. A penalty was reversed.

Anyone remember the game & approx year ?

Danish

Referee
The Anasta one was fine because the penalty had already been given. It can't be reversed. The bad call was not sending Faalogo to the bin at least.

For a start, of course penalties can be reversed. Happens all the time.

For seconds, the penalty was not given till after the fact anyway.

For a start, of course penalties can be reversed. Happens all the time.

For seconds, the penalty was not given till after the fact anyway.
Wrong on both counts.

The Referee judges on matters of fact and shall not subsequently alter those judgments. He may cancel any decision made if prior foul play of which he had no knowledge is reported to him by a Touch Judge.

And Anasta was penalised for holding down before Faalogo belted him so the penalty was already given and cannot be reversed. The ref even said that from memory.

Billythekid

First Grade
There have been 2 against the tigers this year that just sort of had me laughing. The one against manly where the player with the ball (cherry evans?) used another player as a shepard. The tiger came through and tackled the sheparding player whilst going for the guy with the ball. Not only were manly not penalised for a shepard but the tigers were penalised for tacking the guy without the ball.

The other one was the high tackle on i think Beau Ryan against the dragons. He dropped the ball after basically being knocked out by a swinging arm and the tigers got no penalty and the dragons were given the scrum feed.

Rod

Bench
Yeah I have never considered that try of Barba's a try but then again, there have been far worse.

Gasnier's was a howler. As was Morris not getting called out, agree with those two.

I remember Luke Douglas being sent off in game against Manly for next to nothing.

As a Knights fan, there's not too many really bad ones against us that spring to mind actually. I guess the one freshest in the mind is the Tigers game last year, Houston got penalised for getting pushed. Then in golden point Farah pushed our marker over and kicked the winning FG from dummy half.