What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst staduim/field?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Oki - what a hole

Before you would have an arguement, but with lights & upgraded training facilities, it's just as good as Toyota, minus the power-lines & freezing cold weather of course

^ Pando

retired
Last time I went to Belmore it was one of those "Multi-cultural" days.

27,000+ against Canberra, and people getting turned away at the gate.

We should be back there.

Timbo

Staff member
[ignorance]Why did the Dogs leave Belmore?[/ignorance]

I'm assuming it fell below standard somehow but why couldn't it be improved upon?

lolesi

First Grade
Immortal said:
Oki - what a hole

Before you would have an arguement, but with lights & upgraded training facilities, it's just as good as Toyota, minus the power-lines & freezing cold weather of course

Yeah, Damn those -10 nights at shark park in summer~

perth sharkie

Juniors
The WACA was a shit ground when the Western Reds were in the league. Not suitable for rugby league or any other rectangular sport at all.

Utey

Coach
I absolutely hate going to Penrith Park. But theres always a good game there between Parra and Panthers.

Dogboy

Juniors
Showground is terrible for viewing and atmosphere. It's not a football ground at all.

Disagree with the NS Oval comment completely. It's the most picturesque footy ground anywhere; a wonderful place to watch footy on a sunny Sunday arvo with the fig tree behind the posts and Sydney Harbour in the background.

And no I'm not a North sydney supporter.

brook

First Grade
I hate both the grounds at homebush, parramatta stadium since the 'upgrade' (way to destroy a decent stadium!) and toyota (which has the poor facilities of most of the older grounds without the atmosphere or charm)

***MH***

Bench
I'd say shark park. It's miles away from public transport, if you don't get there early and park in the field next door you have to park on cap'n cook drive, and when it's raining and muddy, you'll need to be towed out by a 4wd. The power lines are an eyesore and the muddy mangroves behind the stadium can smell really bad. Seating i don't mind, there is good views from most vantage points.

Southernsaint

Staff member
The problem I have with Scum Park AKA Shark Park is that the Hills have little to no elevation, which makes it very hard to see the action.

The scoreboard could be a bit better, too. They couldn't wait to pack it up last time I was there ;-)

dimitri

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
The problem I have with Scum Park AKA Shark Park is that the Hills have little to no elevation, which makes it very hard to see the action.

The scoreboard could be a bit better, too. They couldn't wait to pack it up last time I was there ;-)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
Shark Park is terrible. Not only is it bad for viewing, the prices are way too high - $15 for the outer ground then another $20 or so if you want a seat? No thanks.

Knightmare

Coach
The only good thing about Toyota Park is the eye-candy. Everything else sucks! I know being a Newcastle fan I can't really talk, but at least EnergyAustralia (or Marathon, or the ISC) has always had a great atmosphere and decent hills for viewing the game, instead of having to turn around and look at the big screen behind you when the action gets within 30 metres of the opposite tryline. :roll:

MightySharks

Bench
Shark Park is terrible. Not only is it bad for viewing, the prices are way too high - $15 for the outer ground then another $20 or so if you want a seat? No thanks.

How anybody can say the toyota is worse than the showground is beyond me you are close to the ground beer prices are the second cheapest in the nrl there are plenty of seats, seats are not an xtra $20 after admission they are $8 more, nod ifferent than the prices for reserve seating at any other stadium. At Oki you can't event get a reserved seat you have to sit on a metal seat with hardly any isles, at brookvale it is wooden planks at balmain the grandstands are falling down,and the cold please you dragon idiot it is well known the warmerst weather in winter is on the coast proven fact fool the further west you go the colder it gets ask parra or penrith. It is colder than oki sure only beacause you haven't had a night game in a thousand years.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
MightySharks said:

How anybody can say the toyota is worse than the showground is beyond me you are close to the ground beer prices are the second cheapest in the nrl there are plenty of seats, seats are not an xtra $20 after admission they are $8 more, nod ifferent than the prices for reserve seating at any other stadium. At Oki you can't event get a reserved seat you have to sit on a metal seat with hardly any isles, at brookvale it is wooden planks at balmain the grandstands are falling down,and the cold please you dragon idiot it is well known the warmerst weather in winter is on the coast proven fact fool the further west you go the colder it gets ask parra or penrith. It is colder than oki sure only beacause you haven't had a night game in a thousand years.

The wind is what makes it cold, though.

Fecking freezing with a strong wind.

Latest posts