What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would Greg Bird Be Cheesed Off Right Now

Surely

Post Whore
Your first good/valid point of comparison. Pity it is also a Sharks player...

Given that the Sharks have allowed Pommeroy to play on while waiting a charge to be heard, but stood down Bird in the same circumstance, then it's a bit hard for you to use Bird as an example to have a go a Brisbane yet, when their guys have not been charged over the incident at the present time.

If the Broncos persist in playing these guys if charges are laid, then yes you'll have a valid point. But until then, replace the words "Hunt", "Thaiday", and the other one with "Pommeroy" everytime you post, and see for yourself if your arguments aren't even more valid then.

You misunderstand what i am saying.

None of these players should be stood down, charged or not. A decision should be made pending the outcome of a trial.

Razor

Coach
Let me spell it out for you genius;

From the police report-
-Woman engaged in consensual oral sex with the players
-Woman then agreed to intercourse with two of the players
-Third player began filming, which the woman didn't like
-Woman was then persuaded by a friend to make a complaint

From this information, the conclusion is drawn that the filming is what the woman had issues with. This conclusion is not a part of the police report, which only states facts, but one drawn by the author(s) of the article.

No you changed the words of the police report. "the woman didn't like" was not in the police report. You posted the link. It said "It is believed this ..." . 2 totally different things. One means - this is what happened. The other - This is what we think happened, but not sure.

Obviously, as I said, you have an issue with comprehension, seeing as I've had to spell it out step by step so that your feeble, more than slightly geniused little mind can process it.

And you totally changed the words in the police report.

Bazal

Post Whore
No you changed the words of the police report. "the woman didn't like" was not in the police report. You posted the link. It said "It is believed this ..." . 2 totally different things. One means - this is what happened. The other - This is what we think happened, but not sure.

And you totally changed the words in the police report.

Did I? Have you seen the police report you dead sh*t? I paraphrased what was quoted in the article, so sue me....And you have, typically, dodged the issue. You were wrong, and then missed the point (which was, so you don't miss it again, that you were wrong.) This isn't about the police report you feeble minded excuse for a human, it's about this;

Razor said:
And how do you know that the girl in this scenario willing engaged to begin with or not?

Bazal said:
According to police reports, on Saturday night three Broncos players agreed to go into a toilet cubicle at the Alhambra Lounge, in Fortitude Valley, with a woman to receive oral sex. The woman then agreed to engage in full sex with two players.
During this, the third player pulled out his mobile phone and began filming. It is believed this is what upset the woman, who believed it had now gone beyond consensual.
Urged by her friend, she later filed a police complaint

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24351269-5006066,00.html

Razor said:
No one has ever said that the only infringment was filming it.

Bazal said:
During this, the third player pulled out his mobile phone and began filming. It is believed this is what upset the woman

Above link.

The point was, in both instances, you were wrong. It was originally consensual, and someone has said that the filming was the infringement. Someone with more information on the matter than you. Can you admit you were wrong, Razor?

mik01

Juniors
half of you guys are f**k wits - dead set. the other half have a brain.

arguing over semantics, likening one situation to another when you know nothing but media reports and gossip.

they haven't been charged. if it was simply the mobile ph, it hardly rates as a sexual assault, which is why the police will have a hard time laying charges. it will no doubt be referred to the DPP, who will no doubt conclude that no possible chance of a conviction can be found and the investigation will no doubt be dismissed.

you f**ktards that are trying to justify Bird's f**khead dog act against his Mrs and using her battered wife syndrome of denial as further 'evidence' of a correlation to an alleged filming of a consensual sex act are so f**king delusional that you are wasting the very air that I, and decent ordinary people, should be breathing.

go and neck yourselves immediately and spare the oxygen you are clearly wasting

BWNB

First Grade

arguing over semantics, likening one situation to another when you know nothing but media reports and gossip.

they haven't been charged. if it was simply the mobile ph, it hardly rates as a sexual assault, which is why the police will have a hard time laying charges. it will no doubt be referred to the DPP, who will no doubt conclude that no possible chance of a conviction can be found and the investigation will no doubt be dismissed.

you f**ktards that are trying to justify Bird's f**khead dog act against his Mrs and using her battered wife syndrome of denial as further 'evidence' of a correlation to an alleged filming of a consensual sex act are so f**king delusional that you are wasting the very air that I, and decent ordinary people, should be breathing.

Alleged.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
3 Broncos allegedly sexually assaulted a lady in the sh*tter and still get to play this weekend in finals footy :?

Just cause it's anything goes at the Broncos doesn't mean Bird can feel hard done by.. I would love to put up some of the stuff I know about what some Bronco's (Very senior ones included) get up to but i would be banned.

Fathead

Bench
Just cause it's anything goes at the Broncos doesn't mean Bird can feel hard done by.. I would love to put up some of the stuff I know about what some Bronco's (Very senior ones included) get up to but i would be banned.

I think you mean - What players from ALL CLUBS get up to.

mik01

Juniors

you won't do it because thats slander. forget about being banned - try having your arse sued.

put up or shut up

bartman

Immortal
You misunderstand what i am saying.

None of these players should be stood down, charged or not. A decision should be made pending the outcome of a trial.
Fair enough if you think I've misunderstood. But I do disagree with the above.

I'd like to see all players where police have enough evidence or doubt or whatever to lay charges stood down, and then clubs can get onto the legal system to get the cases sped up, if they are convinced that their players are in fact innocent of charges brought against them. It's not judging their guilt, just helps the game to overcome the image problem brought about by players who stupidly put themselves in these situations, and acts as a bit of deterrent to players to bring disrepute upon their employers by acting like tools.

There is still a difference between how Cronulla have handled Pommeroy's charge versus Bird's - and I'd say there'd be a valid reason for that, perhaps known only to the club. And to draw similarities comparisons between Bird and the Broncos (as per the thread's topic) is also ignoring any such factors and the differences that exist.

The most amazing thing about this case is that the Qld Police Minister has publicly given full support to the Broncos and their players over the incident. If a Qld journo wrote an article suggesting that the players should be presumed innocent and let off to play because they were good blokes from a good team, then the journo would rightly be in contempt of court for prejudical statements. However, the Police Minister, who is the ultimate boss of the cops who have to assess the incident, has come out publicly in support of 'our boys'.

Mark it down as one further outrageous advantage the Broncos have. There was never, nor should there have been, any political support for the Bulldogs over the Coffs Harbour scandal.

A police minister who tosses in character and club references prior to a decision by the police on whether charges should be laid is totally out of line. This would be appropriate conduct in China but is completely outrageous in Australia.

Couldn't agree more. She was totally out of line. She's supposed to be the police minister not the Broncos' head cheerleader.

Surely

Post Whore

Do you see any irony here farkface.

jdizzle

Juniors
The most amazing thing about this case is that the Qld Police Minister has publicly given full support to the Broncos and their players over the incident. If a Qld journo wrote an article suggesting that the players should be presumed innocent and let off to play because they were good blokes from a good team, then the journo would rightly be in contempt of court for prejudical statements. However, the Police Minister, who is the ultimate boss of the cops who have to assess the incident, has come out publicly in support of 'our boys'.

Mark it down as one further outrageous advantage the Broncos have. There was never, nor should there have been, any political support for the Bulldogs over the Coffs Harbour scandal.

A police minister who tosses in character and club references prior to a decision by the police on whether charges should be laid is totally out of line. This would be appropriate conduct in China but is completely outrageous in Australia.

Completely correct.

I got a feeling that the media will catch onto that as well. Sooner or later

Latest posts