What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you follow league if your club died/merged/relocated!!

Would you still follow league?

• Yes

Votes: 76 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 52 32.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 32 20.0%

• Total voters

Parra

Referee
As long as the Parramatta Eels play out of Parra Stadium in blue & gold I don't care who they merge with.

hadey

Juniors
My loyalty is with South Sydney. Simply put I dont trust the NRL and News.
The day Souths were dumped they destroyed any loyalty I had to the game itself.

My great grandparents who started following Souths in 1908 instilled in their children that if you follow a team it is in good times and bad times. So when Souths were dumped we remained loyal to them. We all cancelled our foxtel and stopped buying news and we still dont buy them.

Family members are scattered around the country now but we all get to Souths games
whenever we can. I fly to Sydney 4 or 5 times a year to watch games and have done so for 30 years. Our family now spans 4 generations and numbers close to 100. If Souths go then I can assure you we are all gone.

Why should we be loyal to the NRL they dont care about the fans. As for News Ltd all they want is your foxtel subscription.
The fans are the heart and soul of Rugby league. Alienate the fans and the game will die.

Parraletic

Juniors
It looks like the hard decisions that need to be made are not by the NRL.
First of all everyone has been saying since before the superleague war that there are too many teams in Sydney. If my team has to merge for the benifit of the game then so be it.

OVP

Coach
My loyalty is with South Sydney. Simply put I dont trust the NRL and News.
The day Souths were dumped they destroyed any loyalty I had to the game itself.

My great grandparents who started following Souths in 1908 instilled in their children that if you follow a team it is in good times and bad times. So when Souths were dumped we remained loyal to them. We all cancelled our foxtel and stopped buying news and we still dont buy them.

Family members are scattered around the country now but we all get to Souths games
whenever we can. I fly to Sydney 4 or 5 times a year to watch games and have done so for 30 years. Our family now spans 4 generations and numbers close to 100. If Souths go then I can assure you we are all gone.

Why should we be loyal to the NRL they dont care about the fans. As for News Ltd all they want is your foxtel subscription.
The fans are the heart and soul of Rugby league. Alienate the fans and the game will die.

Good post mate. This is what those people who agree with Ribot and Junkie Johns dont seem to understand. They think by killing off the Sydney teams, that most people will simply keep supporting the game. I can assure you that they wont, they will leave our game for good. Most people on this website are hardcore fans of the game, and they'll probably still keep following the game even if their club was killed off. I can assure you that most people in the real world, simply wont. Super League came close to killing our game outright, luckily the ARL stayed strong. If they try it again, they WILL KILL IT FOR GOOD.

If killing the Sydney clubs off for good is the so-called way to go, then how come the AFL didnt kill off their Melbourne clubs when they expanded ? Its dumb, dumb thinking to even contemplate it.

bennoonthehill

Juniors
Most people on this website are hardcore fans of the game, and they'll probably still keep following the game even if their club was killed off.

And even among these hardcore, 32% (currently) would walk away from the game if their club was killed off. There is no way killing off Sydney teams is the answer. Competent management - now there's an idea.