What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you want Greg Bird at your club now found not guilty of glassing girlfriend?

Would you like Greg Bird at your club?

• Yes

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 100 58.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 13 7.6%

• Total voters
There's not much I would knock back for a Dragons premiership right now.

P.s: I'm pretty sure Jamie Soward tackled Bird into touch in the above picture btw.

Alex28

Coach
I call bullsh*t on anyone saying they wouldn't have him in their team. I can't think of any team in the comp that is so strong across the field that they couldn't fit him in somewhere. Whoever picks him up...I'm sure there will be a few fans playing the moral highground card but that will be long forgotten in 6 months when he is winning games for that team.

Vossy

Bench
i just hope bird remembers the QLD cops treating him like crap outside a certain club after an origin game..'get off the road'..those stairs look like a funny road to me

soward was Birds b!tch long before Inglis made soward his b!tch

i hear the morris twins dont want him back

1on4pj.gif

innsaneink

Referee
I call bullsh*t on anyone saying they wouldn't have him in their team. I can't think of any team in the comp that is so strong across the field that they couldn't fit him in somewhere. Whoever picks him up...I'm sure there will be a few fans playing the moral highground card but that will be long forgotten in 6 months when he is winning games for that team.

Or maybe youre just a smartarse that cannot accept that others opinions might differ from yours.
My club needs props, but I guess I too am taking the moral high ground.
Get over yasself

Charlie124

First Grade
There's not much I would knock back for a Dragons premiership right now.

Not to pick on you personally, but i keep seeing people saying things like this and i have no idea why or what their logic is.

Does anyone genuinely believe that Greg Bird is the difference between winning a premiership and not?? if so, why? he's never won one and wouldnt be in the top 10 players in the NRL by any stretch of the imagination.

I think a few too many people have rose coloured glasses on when "remembering" his tallents on the field.

As for the poll question, abso-f**king-lutely not!! Im praying for the Titans to sign him just so we dont.

Alex28

Coach
Or maybe youre just a smartarse that cannot accept that others opinions might differ from yours.
My club needs props, but I guess I too am taking the moral high ground.
Get over yasself
I'm no smartarse, I am a realist. I am realistic enough to know that any club would have him in a second if they could fit him in their salary cap, and I am realistic enough to know that any fan would celebrate a premiership that he would be involved in winning. If he was man of the match in that Grand Final will it mean any less to you?

Of course it wouldn't. Get over yourself.

Charlie124

First Grade
:? M.O.M awards for NSW and Australia, yeah, seeing his *talent through rose coloured glasses..

:lol: LOL give me a break mate, a couple of M.O.M awards doesn't turn Greg Bird into a guy that will deliver you a premiership...

Not to pick on you personally, but i keep seeing people saying things like this and i have no idea why or what their logic is.

Does anyone genuinely believe that Greg Bird is the difference between winning a premiership and not?? if so, why? he's never won one and wouldnt be in the top 10 players in the NRL by any stretch of the imagination.

I think a few too many people have rose coloured glasses on when "remembering" his tallents on the field.

As for the poll question, abso-f**king-lutely not!! Im praying for the Titans to sign him just so we dont.

Can you comprehend how a State of Origin and Kangaroos player would bolster a team which is already very good and get them over the premiership line.

Particularly a defensively sound, ball player.

The reason he has not won a premiership is because he played with the Sharks, which all jokes aside, haven't been very good.

Even with an ordinary team, Bird still managed to make a preliminary final with the Sharks.

Bird probably wouldn't make that much of a difference to your team, the Cowboys, because they are currently nowhere near making a GF with a pretty crappy list.

This may be the reason why you are struggling to understand other poster's logic.

It also may be the reasoning behind your pontification about not wanting him at your club. "Won't somebody think of the Cowboys!"

I hope this has helped you.

Vossy

Bench
:lol: LOL give me a break mate, a couple of M.O.M awards doesn't turn Greg Bird into a guy that will deliver you a premiership...

:crazy:clearly you didnt watch a single game, the guy is a freak on the field, if our backline wasnt so sh!t, if he didnt c0ck up, we would of beaten the storm in 08

badav

Bench
The only reason he brought his friend into it was to keep the media from his door, because, as has been shown many times before they have a tendency to distort the facts against players, thus his motive was to keep the wolves from his door. It was not to implicate his friend so he ended up in jail for 8 months, anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that.

Anyone with an ounce of sense would have also realised that blaming it on someone else was never going to keep the media away. All it did was fuel the fire

Charlie124

First Grade
Can you comprehend how a State of Origin and Kangaroos player would bolster a team which is already very good and get them over the premiership line.

Particularly a defensively sound, ball player.

The reason he has not won a premiership is because he played with the Sharks, which all jokes aside, haven't been very good.

Even with an ordinary team, Bird still managed to make a preliminary final with the Sharks.

Bird probably wouldn't make that much of a difference to your team, the Cowboys, because they are currently nowhere near making a GF with a pretty crappy list.

This may be the reason why you are struggling to understand other poster's logic.

It also may be the reasoning behind your pontification about not wanting him at your club. "Won't somebody think of the Cowboys!"

I hope this has helped you.

Steve Turner, David Williams, Jacob Lillyman, Shannon Heggarty, Kurt Gidley, Braith Anasta and countless others are State of Origin reps, some of them are Australian reps too yet im certainly not geniused enough to think that signing any of them would improve my teams chance of a premership. Greg Bird is just another name for this list.

You're an idiot.

Special K

Coach
Steve Turner, David Williams, Jacob Lillyman, Shannon Heggarty, Kurt Gidley, Braith Anasta and countless others are State of Origin reps, some of them are Australian reps too yet im certainly not geniused enough to think that signing any of them would improve my teams chance of a premership. Greg Bird is just another name for this list.

You're an idiot.
Man of the match in 3 of the 4 origins he played and man of the match in his last two tests for Aus..

Hardly compares to Turner, Hegarty etc

Charlie124

First Grade
:crazy:clearly you didnt watch a single game, the guy is a freak on the field, if our backline wasnt so sh!t, if he didnt c0ck up, we would of beaten the storm in 08

Greg Bird is not worth 30+ f**king points. The Storm absolutely cained your team in that prelim, Bird being missing had little to do with it.

innsaneink

Referee
I'm no smartarse, I am a realist. I am realistic enough to know that any club would have him in a second if they could fit him in their salary cap, and I am realistic enough to know that any fan would celebrate a premiership that he would be involved in winning. If he was man of the match in that Grand Final will it mean any less to you?

Of course it wouldn't. Get over yourself.

The sooner you learn your opinion isnt fact, the sooner you'll get further in everything you do.
As for telling people what thier opinion would be....well you carry on with that.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Greg Bird isn't a player that I'd earmark a difference maker in terms of "getting a team over the line". Bird is a very good player, he ain't a great player. A difference maker is a Lewis, a Fittler, a Johns, a Lockyer, a Langer, a Stuart, a Daley ... Bird ain't anywhere near that class. He improves a team, he doesn't become THE factor in terms of winning or not winning a premiership.