What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you want Greg Bird at your club now found not guilty of glassing girlfriend?

Would you like Greg Bird at your club?

• Yes

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 100 58.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 13 7.6%

• Total voters

innsaneink

Referee
My teams won a comp without one G.Bird....10 teams in the last 10 years have won comps without him....some need to get some f**kin perspective

duck_dodgers

Juniors
Man of the match in 3 of the 4 origins he played and man of the match in his last two tests for Aus..

Hardly compares to Turner, Hegarty etc

Wally Lewis won a few of those too ... and in 3 seasons for the Broncos won no premierships . Didn't even make the finals in one of those years .

Canard

Immortal
f**k I hate it when people say "list" when talking about Rugby League clubs!!

Smacks of an AFL fan trolling

Next we will say to "win the flag" or the Kangas and Sainters...

duck_dodgers

Juniors
f**k I hate it when people say "list" when talking about Rugby League clubs!!

Smacks of an AFL fan trolling

Next we will say to "win the flag" or the Kangas and Sainters...

I agree ... "Up There Hoppa" , would've been just wrong ...

Steve Turner, David Williams, Jacob Lillyman, Shannon Heggarty, Kurt Gidley, Braith Anasta and countless others are State of Origin reps, some of them are Australian reps too yet im certainly not geniused enough to think that signing any of them would improve my teams chance of a premership. Greg Bird is just another name for this list.

You're an idiot.

4 out of those 6 players have also won premierships, you spaz.

Have you ever heard about the sum being greater than the parts?

You are the idiot.

Last edited:
My teams won a comp without one G.Bird....10 teams in the last 10 years have won comps without him....some need to get some f**kin perspective

Don't be silly, you're off your head if you don't think the club Bird signs for won't be undefeated premiers

3 out of those 5 players have also won premierships, you spaz.

You are the idiot.

4/6 actually, if you're going to call someone an idiot at least make sure you can count.

Charlie124

First Grade
4 out of those 6 players have also won premierships, you spaz.

You are the idiot.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!! straight over the top.

The whole point (which obviously wasnt clear enough) was that signing any/all/some of these players wouldnt just turn your team into premiership contenders, and Bird is just another one on that list. He's nothing more than an 'ok' player.

My original post in here was that i couldnt understand the reasoning behind people wanting him to sign with their club based on this logic that he would deliver them a premiership....what is that logic based on??

In any event, looks like ive got nothing to worry about now anyway, we've officially pulled out of the race :)lol:) for his prized signature.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d-after-backflip/story-e6frexnr-1225804938868

Shire Panther

Juniors
Greg Bird is not worth 30+ f**king points. The Storm absolutely cained your team in that prelim, Bird being missing had little to do with it.

And lets not forget that Melbourne were missing some no name player by the name of Cameron Smith :sarcasm: but going by Vossy's logic if Bird and Smith had of both played Cronulla still would of won:crazy:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Why is Greg Bird's Manager Starting threads on this board?

What team would he improve by going there like charlie said? Maybe the warriors Or Sharks (God Eparma Nevale sp would help them with what they have got next season )

Alex28

Coach
The sooner you learn your opinion isnt fact, the sooner you'll get further in everything you do.
As for telling people what thier opinion would be....well you carry on with that.
My opinion isn't fact, it is an opinion, just like your opinion isn't fact.

However your moral high ground is fanciful. Any club could do with him, he will be a top performer for whoever he plays for, and those who suggest they don't want him on the basis of something he allegedly did or didn't do (not knowing all of the facts) are not being realistic - which is easy to do given they have absolutely no say in how their club is run or who is recruited.

I'll be interested in the stand they will take when one of the clubs they support sign him.

As for the motivational speech - thanks coach. I'll be a much better person for it no doubt.

bartman

Immortal
Why is Greg Bird's Manager Starting threads on this board?

What team would he improve by going there like charlie said? Maybe the warriors Or Sharks (God Eparma Nevale sp would help them with what they have got next season )
:clap:

Shorty

Staff member
People seriously need to get over themselves.
Would I want Greg Bird at my club? No, we don't need him and he's bad publicity that isn't worth it.
He's no Andrew Johns, a club isn't going to win a premiership just because he signs, get some perspective.

I'm not an idiot for believing so nor am I taking the moral high ground.

jyoung2

Juniors
Nice to get some differing opinions. When I started this thread I also said that it is just my opinion.:D
Would be nice if some of you would come to grips with the fact that some people will have differing opinions, so no need to go having hissy fits and trying to tell people they are wrong, nor try to get them to come to your way of thinking.:crazy:
I don't begrudge people having the opinion that Bird will help bring their club a premiership. Nor will I begrudge them thinking he is a better player than I believe he is. Only have to look at a certain other thread to see that not all people agree on who are the best players.
Another opinion of mine is that a premiership is not the only thing to look for in following a team. I follow the Broncos and although they may have won some premierships, that is not the main reason I follow them.
I follow them because I love the game of League itself and I enjoy the way they play the game as others enjoy watching their team. I would rather they won another premiership in 10 years and keep their dignity, than buy a premiership next year by selling their soul to get it next year.
Opinions - just like Ass-holes. Every-bodies got one!:lol:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It is a good thread jyoung2.

Shows that people no longer judge a footy player by his skill on the field but whether he would make the chess team.

He is a NRL standard player, no question, how good debatable, but good enough for anyones 17, as a player.

But these days that does not seem enough.

Bit hard frrm jail, but when you are actually free to player, it just ain't enough.

Just goes to show how fascist society has become.

Y2Eel

First Grade
It is a good thread jyoung2.

Shows that people no longer judge a footy player by his skill on the field but whether he would make the chess team.

He is a NRL standard player, no question, how good debatable, but good enough for anyones 17, as a player.

But these days that does not seem enough.

Bit hard frrm jail, but when you are actually free to player, it just ain't enough.

Just goes to show how fascist society has become.

When did they only Judge players by there skill on the field?

Fascist?oh instead of saying your opinion is wrong your calling the people you dont agree with fascist i get ya ;-)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
When did they only Judge players by there skill on the field?
When I was a lad I had no idea what players did OFF the field. I prefered it then, we looked at what they did on field.

Fascist?oh instead of saying your opinion is wrong your calling the people you dont agree with fascist i get ya ;-)
Nobodys opinion is wrong dufus.

It is opinion.

Do you even know what opinion my is? 24 x winks.

It is a statement on society, people are prepared to deny employment on what they perceive (rightly or wrongly) to be good or bad character, not what the individual can do.

Why do you wink at everyone anyway, got a twitchy eye? Please don't wink at me, I am not your type.

Y2Eel

First Grade
When I was a lad I had no idea what players did OFF the field. I prefered it then, we looked at what they did on field.

Nobodys opinion is wrong dufus.

It is opinion.

Do you even know what opinion my is? 24 x winks.

It is a statement on society, people are prepared to deny employment on what they perceive (rightly or wrongly) to be good or bad character, not what the individual can do.

Why do you wink at everyone anyway, got a twitchy eye? Please don't wink at me, I am not your type.

This will most likely answer both your questions... With the Fact that the NRL gets its money from TV Players every once and a while (these days especially with the boom of this thing called television) appear on TV you will know what they are doing how they train what they did on the weekend people are into voyeurism... With the fact NRL players are sprawled all over the TV or Newspaper the clubs Sponsors will take a very invested interest on what those players are doing... There is a tinge of grey out there...

Oh BTW due to the fact you think i wink in all my post why would i waste my time to go back and have a look at what your opinion is? All i know is you like to throw around that word fascist ;-)