What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you want Greg Bird at your club now found not guilty of glassing girlfriend?

Would you like Greg Bird at your club?

• Yes

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 100 58.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 13 7.6%

• Total voters

mxlegend99

Referee
Not a chance. He's massively overrated and just because he was found innocent doesn't meant that he was. At the very least he's a liar that tried to blame a serious crime on a supposed mate of his. The bloke is a deadset dropkick and a disgrace to the game.

Fui!!!

Juniors
I voted "undecided"

As a player, there is no denying that he has talent.

But as a character, it's not the kind of person you want around your club.

Wherever he goes, I wish him the best of luck. I believe people CAN change and I hope for his sake, his clubs sake and the NRL's sake, that he has changed.

Jono1987

Juniors
So he goes to the trouble of trying to get his mate to take the blame, yet he's innocent? Yeah okay. I don't care if he's a good player (which I think he is) he's a grub on and off the field. No thanks.

simostorm

Bench
He was found not guilty in the court of law.. move on.
He should be entitled to play at any club without issue.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
No.

Send him abroad, we (the NRL) don't need him in our game. He was grub, a germ and cancer to any rugby league team on and off the field. No player would want him fighting next to them in the trenches, he would high tail it or ask another to take the bullet for him.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Let's just get something straight here:

Bird has not been found "not guilty". His conviction was quashed due to the change in story that caused the original prosecution to crumble. What conviction would stand up to the supposed victim suddenly supporting the defendant in a completely different tale of the events.

Bird has not gone before a judge and been found not guilty. The original conviction was simply overturned.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
My personal opinion is that I wouldn't want him at my club for one very good reason alone.

The fact is he conspired to dump the blame on someone else to take the rap without even a second thought.:shock:

To me, to do that to a friend is very un-Australian and he has no ethical standards at all.

That in itself deserves at least 2 years on the sidelines.

Just my opinion.

What do you think?

The only reason he brought his friend into it was to keep the media from his door, because, as has been shown many times before they have a tendency to distort the facts against players, thus his motive was to keep the wolves from his door. It was not to implicate his friend so he ended up in jail for 8 months, anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Let's just get something straight here:

Bird has not been found "not guilty". His conviction was quashed due to the change in story that caused the original prosecution to crumble. What conviction would stand up to the supposed victim suddenly supporting the defendant in a completely different tale of the events.

Bird has not gone before a judge and been found not guilty. The original conviction was simply overturned.

Nice post.

_Johnsy

Referee
No way.

Quiggs, I fail to see how not wanting him to be at my club, somehow puts me living in a glass house ?

Loudstrat

Coach
Not a chance. He's massively overrated and just because he was found innocent doesn't meant that he was. At the very least he's a liar that tried to blame a serious crime on a supposed mate of his. The bloke is a deadset dropkick and a disgrace to the game.

So I take it you wouldn't take anyone because they maye have done something wrong and not been busted?

Just because he won is case doesn't mean he is a criminal either you twat.

Vossy

Bench
you all have rocks in your heads if you think he is 1.overrated 2.liability on the field

bring back the bird

Greg-Bird-Cronulla-NRL-6218677.jpg

Latest posts