What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
Typical raw house show in sydney really

Started the show with Justin Roberts (I think....the ring announcer who does the "Joooooaaaaaarrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnn Ceeeeeeennnnnnaaaaa" deal....you know who I mean by that description) coming out and saying that Punk wasn't going to show thanks to his suspension, cue everyone booing and me dying a lil on the inside, then they say that Punk and the WWE came to an agreement to do house shows, punk comes out my reaction = :crazy:. Rips on Australia for being backwards with dates and everything, rips on HHH and Johnny Ace again, then Mysterio came out. They had a decent match, Mysterio got the win

Rest of the card was (in no order and probably forgetting a few matches):
Kelly Kelly and Beth Phoenix over the Bella Twins
Zach Ryder (who got a decent pop and a lets go ryder chant, I like to think yours truly had some input in getting that shit started from up in the cheap seats :lol:) beat Primo
Ottunga and Perfect Jr beat Santino and Vladmir
Riley beat Miz in a "sydney street fight" which was a normaly match with a singapore cane, chair shots and mic work. (BTW Miz was awesome on the mic before the match, had the crowd eating out of his hand, every time he went to talk he was just met with booing, so he would slowly raise the mic and everyone would boo, this went on for a fair while, him just twitching his wrist with the mic and everyone would boo) Probably one of the better matches of the night.
Bourne beat Swagger
Cena beat R-Truth

Im sure there were more matches but can't really remember.

All in all wasn't to bad a show, the worst match was probably the Cena Truth match, it just seemed really slow paced and people were leaving halfway through. Crowd was decent but not a sell out, probably the lowest crowd they have had a in a long time. Wasn't the best show to come out, but it also wasn't the worst either

Ziggler also beat Kingston.

Punk interfered at the end of the Cena/Truth match.

Two appearances by Punk on the show. I totally marked out for him.

F'ck Cena, Punk stole the show!! The Miz was very good as well.

brooksy19

Bench
Punk was great, he truely is becoming one of the greatest heels of all time.. no small feat considering he's working in the PG era.

And yes, I think the Syd House show confirmed its an Angle... He may be taking time off, but hes not leaving the company.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Considering this is a spoiler thread...

Punk's promo last week was exactly that... a promo.

Looks like Punk vs Cena is back on the cards for MiTB and if Cena loses to Miz, he's faaaaaaaaaaaaaired... meaning of course that he's going to win!

afinalsin666

First Grade
This. Was. Awesome.

The first time in a long time i wasn't bored to tears when Cena was on screen. The back and forth between him and Vince was off the chain. Hoping Punk wins and keeps it, but i can't see the WWE firing their golden boy. Punk win, Del Rio to cash in and take it. That's my hope anyway.

Heyman had a few. The Cactus Jack anti-ECW promos were awesome. Taz had many, Van Dam/Alfonso had a few, Pillman as well. But I think this Punk one is up there in terms of promos which made you sit up and take notice.

Big Pete

Referee
No doubt there were some good promos. But c'mon aside from Foley and Austin none of them were in the same ballpark or had the same kind of impact.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Was looking for this:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...Contract_Will_Not_Be_Immediately_Renewed.html

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...8482eac6&pre=http://www.lordsofpain.net/&tt=0 http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...ontract_Will_Not_Be_Immediately_Renewed.html# http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...13342de8&pre=http://www.lordsofpain.net/&tt=0 http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...ontract_Will_Not_Be_Immediately_Renewed.html# http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...ontract_Will_Not_Be_Immediately_Renewed.html# http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...ontract_Will_Not_Be_Immediately_Renewed.html#
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/index.html
CM Punk Legitimately Leaving WWE After Money in the Bank
By Daniel Pena
Jul 5, 2011 - 8:02:06 PM

A WWE spokesman noted to GLAAD in their response to CM Punk uttering an anti-gay slur during yesterday's Raw live event in Australia that the wrestler is legitimately leaving the organization following the Money in the Bank pay-per-view event on July 18.

OpposingViews.com printed the following in their article: "WWE officials also told GLAAD this morning that CM Punk's contract will expire in a few weeks, he will not be immediately renewed, and he will no longer be with WWE as of July 18. A spokesperson told us "this departure is not part of a storyline. He is contractually leaving the organization.

"A spokesperson for the WWE told us "We are taking this very seriously."

OpposingViews.com also notes that GLAAD provided training to members of WWE's editorial staff and writing team in May. The media monitoring organization is also in discussions with WWE to provide similar training seminars to on-camera talent.

The full story can be accessed here.

Moffo

Referee
No doubt there were some good promos. But c'mon aside from Foley and Austin none of them were in the same ballpark or had the same kind of impact.

lol Austin was a squib in ecw. Your blind love for the wwe is really annoying sometimes

What do you mean by impact? Much of the enjoyment I got from punks promo was the fact that no one had done a good promo for 5yrs, so of course it was going to stand out

And where did punk come from? Mmmmm

Watch any number of raven, rvd or heyman promo from ecw if you want impact and heat. I know you say that you've watched old ecw but sometimes I seriously doubt it

Big Pete

Referee
Yes, Austin was only there for a small time but time has NOTHING to do with cutting a good promo. His promos are rated amongst the best by ECW officials and were well ahead of their time. The only person who came close was Douglas and the guy couldn't get heat without throwing around cuss words in his shoots.

Look at the reaction it's gotten not just inside the company but twitter. That one promo was basically as big as Nexus' original segment last year.

Punk is from IWA: Mid-South. What does it matter? Austin was from WCCW yet you label him as a WWE guy.

You shouldn't really rate quality promos when you list RVD. Talk him up as an acrobat but the guy was never much chop on the mic. Heyman I can handle, although his best promo was a shoot in the WWE back in 2001. Looking back, Raven's promos are really cringe inducing and really the only thing you can say about them was 'it worked for the times'.

DIsagree with your sentiments about Raven and RVD. Van Dam was very good on the mic in ECW. Did he ever cut a promo, I mean, a real promo, in WWE before the reintroduction of ECW?

Pillman was a f**king gun though. His debut is one of my fav moments in wrestling.

Big Pete

Referee
No, I think the WWE just had Rob pegged as a stoner, which unfortunately for RVD isn't even his worse stint as a mic. worker. I've seen RVD's work outside of the WWE and TNA, I was once a fan but the guy wasn't anything special on the mic. and certainly isn't at Punk's level.

Now if we're talking charisma, it's a different kettle of fish. RVD just had to point at himself to get a reaction.

Flyin Brian was great. Another potential Pre-Hogan WCW star who had his career taken from him.

Always open to see the promos you rate.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
What do you mean by impact? Much of the enjoyment I got from punks promo was the fact that no one had done a good promo for 5yrs, so of course it was going to stand out
It was a good promo but Bryan Dainelson cut some smark promos just as good 12 months earlier when WWE fanboys were pouring shit on him over his supposed lack of mic skills.

I know you say that you've watched old ecw but sometimes I seriously doubt it
There is no way he has.

Big Pete

Referee
I know you're a Bryan mark but between his stuttering, umming and ahhing and the restrained tone of voice (for the majority) it wasn't anywhere near as good as Punk's promo which was just sharp.

There is no way he has.

And you'd be wrong.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I know you're a Bryan mark but between his stuttering, umming and ahhing and the restrained tone of voice (for the majority) it wasn't anywhere near as good as Punk's promo which was just sharp.
It obviously wasn't as polished but that didn't detract from it. Punk has way more experience so that is to be expected. But with this polished feel you get less organic promo which feels scripted. You've gotta take the good with the bad.

And you'd be wrong.
You couldn't even find links a year ago so I don't know where you found the time to watch all this product. I wouldn't even claim to have watched a lot of ECW because it is not worth my time. I'd rather watch a product with more emphasis on the in ring performance.

So am I really expected to believe that you would go back and watch all this ECW when you don't particularly care for it? Apparently you have watched a lot of ROH. Have you watched a lot of NJPW, because every wrestling fan claims to. You don't seem particularly found of non WWE product so why the f**k are you watching all this stuff? You seem to watch every WWE show and catch the occasional TNA broadcast. That's quite a scheduled.

For the record, watching a few highlights on youtube and a WWE released best of ECW is not watching old ECW.

Status
Not open for further replies.