What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pete

Referee
Whos Ya Daddy said:
I'm obviously a fan. That question didn't really fit in with the general tone of the previous post.

Hey not everything has to be hostile. It's just an internet forum and we have some disagreements on Pro Wrestling. No biggy.

Whos Ya Daddy said:
I disagree with that premise. Danielson would have been well served to lose the nerd gimmick and the baggage that comes along with it. The only time he was given free reign to go out there and lose the shtick was the NXT invasion. He looked pretty damn good that night. He was the logical choice to eventually lead an uprising against Barrett so a few months of focusing on in ring wrestling would have been fine.

C'mon man this is the WWE we're talking about here, as you pointed out they rarely take advantage of their opportunities anymore. But there's no real point in debating hypotheticals. Personally, I'd just see him being used as the workhorse of the group, the one who gets the ample ring time while the guys they wanted to push (Barrett, Sheffield and Gabriel) get their finishes. At least Bryan got to break out on his own, headline in the 2nd biggest show of the year and go over the guy the WWE had been grooming for over a year.

I haven't given up on a Christian/Bryan program either. There's still an opportunity at SummerSlam if they can finally let Christian move on from losing to Orton. They even protected Bryan last week by having one of their pet projects Big Zeke take the pin.

Whos Ya Daddy said:
Because WWE fans cream themselves as soon as you shoot on the company. The amount of people who didn't know the Punk promo was a work was ridiculous.

Other companies are less scripted and not bound by the PG programing so the promos have a more organic feel and are much closer to a real shoot.

I'd still say fans in general love shoots as it allows them to further their suspension of disbelief.

I understand that shoots stand out more in the WWE and that fans reactions are generally wilder about them. (bigger audience, wider demographic who would have guessed it?) But I wouldn't limit their popularity to just WWE audiences.

Big Pete

Referee
The issue is there are too many Big Zekes.

1 big guy is enough, 6-7 of them who can't talk and barely wrestle is a hinderance.

He should have left when Kendrick did.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
attachment.php

I am laughing at the former WWE ice creams manufacturer having to continually put out press releases saying that they are not bringing them back. God Punk got some traction for that!

Big Pete

Referee
Tournament for the WWE Championship - Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz is the final.

Cena wasn't fired.

Vince McMahon was.

Triple H is the new chairman.

Big Pete

Referee
Basically...

Vince came out at the start of the show and said that he won't mention what occured last night and has ordered a tournament with the following competitors. He then said he'll speak to Cena later tonight.

Tournament and a random diva match happened.

McMahon teased firing Cena, Cena teased going to TNA and before McMahon could do it, Triple H came out and said there was a board of directors meeting and they had come to the decision that because of McMahon's performance in the past few weeks Vince has been relieved of his duties and he has been appointed the new chairman.

End show.

Albie

Juniors
Basically...

Vince came out at the start of the show and said that he won't mention what occured last night and has ordered a tournament with the following competitors. He then said he'll speak to Cena later tonight.

Tournament and a random diva match happened.

McMahon teased firing Cena, Cena teased going to TNA and before McMahon could do it, Triple H came out and said there was a board of directors meeting and they had come to the decision that because of McMahon's performance in the past few weeks Vince has been relieved of his duties and he has been appointed the new chairman.

End show.

Wow, what a horrible let down. What else would expect from the WWE.

Big Pete

Referee
What would you do Albie?

I think it's fine, not happy with the tournament results myself (Kofi vs. Ziggler would be exciting) but the rest of the show was run well with a nice cliffhanger (albeit really cheesy and campy) to finish.

How is it puzzling SGL?

I don't think it makes sense to have all this heat on Vince McMahon in the build + stipulations to Cena vs Punk, continue to have heat during Cena and McMahon's promo on Raw, then have HHH come out and say he's been sacked while Cena stays on. Just seems they have built themselves well for a Cena vs McMahon / WWE management storyline, only to kill it off with no direction.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't think it's really puzzling at all though.

It's sort of a bait and switch though, building up Cena/Punk vs. McMahon only to bring HHH into the picture and inherit Vince's heat. Vince got justly punished for allowing the championship to be stolen under his watch.

But none of the heat has gone on to HHH. McMahon is gone, Cena is still there, and HHH still looks to be a face for keeping Cena on, even if he got emotional over firing Vince.

I still think it's the wrong move. Getting Johnny Ace on TV as the new Pat Patterson/Gerald Brisco but serious would of been a better move. Make Cena jump through hoops to retain his contract etc.

Was surprised Cena was allowed to do a subtle inference to TNA in his promo too.

Big Pete

Referee
Seems like the WWE are rolling with a new persona.

To me, having Cena jump through hoops would have been same ol same ol, this is a new direction that's yet to be really handled the way it has been. Granted, it was a little rushed but I think that's understandable given the company is in full recovery mode and were trying to get on with the show as quickly as possible.

Next week's edition will be really important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts