What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a pretty full-on reboot for the WWE. Not sure about the Bryan + Punk vs Wyatt Family storyline, HHH still being untouchable is a concern too.

Big props to Goldust though, he's doing great in his current role.

Interesting trivia on Xavier Woods debuting this week on Raw. His debut on the WWE main roster was on Monday in a tag team with R-Truth. His debut in TNA, in a tag team match with the same guy.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Just caught up on the last month, after HIAC. Stopped watching after battleground, just unbelievable how hard WWE dropped the ball after Summerslam. Shit me off no end with all the terrible stories.

This last week with the musical chair segment sums up WWE lately. geniused, shouldn't be there, and disrespects the audience.

f**k it, i'll keep watching for the little things, like Goldust being awesome. If it wasn't for TLC and the Rumble coming up, i don't think i would have bothered trying to keep interested.

I am rather disillusioned with the whole thing right now, it's amazing WWE can't tell they are f**king up.

The American Wolves debuted in NXT today, billed as The American Pitbulls. They were basically jobbed to The Ascension, including post match beat down. Will be interesting to see if they get picked up full time.

mackdadday

Juniors
Good ending on a very lame show. Nice to see HBK finally get tumbled.

Extreme moment of the year: CM punk delivers his finisher in a regular way on top of a stabilised steel cage :( Yep. That was as good as it got this year past :(

Cowboys woo

Juniors
WWE has been so boring recently. Used to love it as a kid and got back into it around early 2011 and up til a couple months I was into it... since the "Authority" have dominated storylines I've been turning off, HHH has the charisma of a potato.

Big Pete

Referee
Eh, like a lot of award shows, the Slammys tend to be fairly pointless and agenda ridden, it's just a change of pace and on a show that runs 52 episodes each week and has done so for 20 years, I'm willing to give them a break.

Closing segment was consoling, at least we know the feud is headed in a direction that will make stars and isn't just a vehicle for Cena or Show to come out on top. Still, there is time for X-Pac or Aldo Montoya to walk out, ruin the main event and feud with a babyface HHH in a Sledgehammer on a Pole match.

kurtburt

Juniors
WWE has been so boring recently. Used to love it as a kid and got back into it around early 2011 and up til a couple months I was into it... since the "Authority" have dominated storylines I've been turning off, HHH has the charisma of a potato.
Agree, It's very boring lately, didn't even bothered to watch it last week, the creative team have no idea what they are doing and I'm tired of seeing Cena in the main event scene same with Orton, hopefully it gets better soon but I doubt it.

Big Pete

Referee
Daniel Bryan joined the Wyatt Family to close out Raw.

Thoughts?

I think it's an interesting twist and if the WWE are smart, they could turn the Wyatts into a temporary face faction - just let them be 'Undertaker' esque where at the end of the day, they're in it for their own gain.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Maybe it's because I'm a Triple H mark, but I wouldn't say he has the charisma of a potato. Watch his work in D-X, Evolution and when he was HHH in his younger days and you'll see a guy who could have the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. That's charisma.

Maybe you meant to say his mic skills aren't the best, and I could agree with that. He's not brilliant on the stick, but he's no mug, either.

But now he's not a full-time wrestler any more, he's getting a tad stale - even for me.

The problem for me is that there is no payoff at the moment. When Vince McMahon was the "on camera boss", the guy would take a beating every now and then. HHH hasn't had that happen, not even close. Having Orton take the beating time after time does nothing.

Word is they're building to a HHH vs CM Punk match at WM30. If that is going to be the first time HHH gets laid out, this Authority shtick is going to get even more stale.

Big Pete

Referee
Logically, the ex-wrestler who was booked as one of the greatest of all time isn't going to cop as many beatings as Vince, especially when there isn't an ultra-aggressive figure like a Stone Cold Steve Austin around.

I just think the 'corrupt authority' angle has been over-played and it usually impacts on the quality of the show. This one has been a mixed bag so far but it will be interesting to see how they go come Mania time.

I think that's my issue with the WWE, they keep this post-SummerSlam period going at a snails pace so they can preserve all these great matches for Mania, instead of just letting them transpire organically.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Logically, the ex-wrestler who was booked as one of the greatest of all time isn't going to cop as many beatings as Vince, especially when there isn't an ultra-aggressive figure like a Stone Cold Steve Austin around.

I just think the 'corrupt authority' angle has been over-played and it usually impacts on the quality of the show. This one has been a mixed bag so far but it will be interesting to see how they go come Mania time.

I think that's my issue with the WWE, they keep this post-SummerSlam period going at a snails pace so they can preserve all these great matches for Mania, instead of just letting them transpire organically.
Organically?

Big Pete

Referee
Where, instead of coming up with ways to delay the inevitable match, strike while the iron is hot or at least provide some reasoning for why the match isn't taking place at that specific time.

For example

The plan for Bryan at Wrestlemania seems to involve either HBK or HHH. Good matches, but in preserving them for Mania, you've basically put the entire company in a holding pattern making for a lot of run of the mill shows and PPVs which are drawing terribly.

So instead of saving all these matches why not book Bryan/Triple H for let's say Battleground? Why not give us HBK/Bryan at Survivor Series? I could maybe understand the latter, but if Triple H was a company man, he would have come help the company out while Cena was away and given the fans something to remember.

mackdadday

Juniors
Nice to see something different on raw and great to see newcomers like the shield and wyatts getting long matches to show case what they've got. Seth Rollins and Luke Harper in particular have been outstanding. Hope they keep the shield together because ı can see ambrose falling off the shelf without the stable. Now that theyve got rid of two world titles and with talk of unifying the intercontinental and US title seems like theyre starting to really work on the middle card with Langston, Fandango, Ziggler, Sandow and a bunch of others which will hopefully give some prestige back to the lower belts.

Bryan in the Wyatt family? yes!

Surely Bryan wins RR and wins the title at WM? The most over guy battling to get the title finally wins it at mania. suuuuuuurely

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Surely Bryan wins RR and wins the title at WM? The most over guy battling to get the title finally wins it at mania. suuuuuuurely

not sure to be honest. I've seen these rumours for Bryan so far
Punk/Bryan vs HHH/Shawn
Bryan vs undertaker
Bryan vs Bray Wyatt
Bryan vs HHH
Bryan vs punk

to me this wrestlemania is so open it's not funny. if the WWE play the cards right they could have a great show.
- Shamus is back and could provide a good lower card match
- potential hogan appearance(I don't want him in a match though)
- orton, cena, bryan and punk holding the main event area
- assumed undertaker match
- lesner match seems a lock now
- HHH match seems likely
- Batista return
- the tag division has been hot for a few months. TLC, elimination or some gimmicky match should be included
- Roman Reigns in a singles match potentially against Ambrose
- Cody Rhodes and Goldust want a match against each other and with how good they have been these last few months they deserve it.
- plus show, rey, christian, kofi, barrett, Wyatt family, Big E/Mark Henry, R-Truth, RVD could do something if they need some more matches.

I'm sure WWE will still stuff it up though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts