What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Don't believe that shit mate, Firmino just extended and it'll take alot more than 20 to get him. A few of the other bigger clubs like Barca, Chelsea and Atleti have been interested for a while as well. Dortmund have been pushingfor a deal more than we have as well. we apparently havent even spoken to his agent. If ayre is going to Germany then I reckon it'll be for more talks regarding Shaqiri.

saint.nick

Coach
Anyone heard anything about us making a new 33m bid for Sanchez? I hope Chile are eliminated quick smart so he doesn't have more time to audition in front of all the other big clubs with money.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Gee that would be freaking sweet but the only way we get Sanchez is to replace Luis unfortunately. Sanchez is such quality tho and messi is apparently holding him back at Barca as he doesn't like him at all.

Money is an issue with us tho, which is why Moreno hasn't been confirmed as Sevilla want a bigger % of the 18-20 million upfront. We don't have the $$$ to throw around unfortunately.

We're really interested in Lovren from Saints as well, but few other big clubs are sniffing around as well including Barca. One of Agger or Skrtel will need to go for that move to happen one would think. We're completely overloaded with CB's at the moment.

saint.nick

Coach
Gee that would be freaking sweet but the only way we get Sanchez is to replace Luis unfortunately. Sanchez is such quality tho and messi is apparently holding him back at Barca as he doesn't like him at all.

What makes you say he'd only be a Suarez replacement? Are you doubting LFC's ambition?

If Sanchez is getting a hard time from Messi, then surely that'd be more reason to leave?

money is an issue with us tho, which is why Moreno hasn't been confirmed as Sevilla want a bigger % of the 18-20 million upfront. We don't have the $$$ to throw around unfortunately.

That's a myth. FSG have money, it's just that no one talks about it. The Moreno deal has stalled most likely because LFC don't agree with Sevilla's valuation; they don't think he is WORTH that amount. They're probably thinking, 'why waste an extra 10 million or so on Moreno when that money could be instead invested into a much more valuable asset, for example Sanchez?

Ever since we wasted 37 million on Carroll (which proves we do have the money, considering also LFC were in a worse financial position in that time compared to now), FSG have learnt a lesson and decided to be much more careful.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
What makes you say he'd only be a Suarez replacement? Are you doubting LFC's ambition?

If Sanchez is getting a hard time from Messi, then surely that'd be more reason to leave?

That's a myth. FSG have money, it's just that no one talks about it. The Moreno deal has stalled most likely because LFC don't agree with Sevilla's valuation; they don't think he is WORTH that amount. They're probably thinking, 'why waste an extra 10 million or so on Moreno when that money could be instead invested into a much more valuable asset, for example Sanchez?

Ever since we wasted 37 million on Carroll (which proves we do have the money, considering also LFC were in a worse financial position in that time compared to now), FSG have learnt a lesson and decided to be much more careful.

FSG have $$$ mate but the club was haemorrhaging massive amounts of money when they took over. The Moreno deal and valuation is all done, Sevilla just want more money upfront . Now apparently Spurs are going in for him which will complicate it further. Same goes with Lallana, our Transfer committee knows what to do to land both targets and is up tk them to find the $$$. We'll be relying on sales to raise some funds as well.

The real myth of out financial situation is that we can throw the $$$ around like we are PSG or Real, it's simply not the case. FFP changes the game as well specially now we're actually in Europe again.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
On Sanchez as suarez's replacement, the only way we'd afford him while trying to strengthen the squad further would be as Luis's replacement. Not doubting our ambition at all, just repeating what I've been reading is all buddy.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think you'll find deals are stalling because of the WC. I read an article a few weeks back saying most agents have a blanket ban on any transfer negotiations while the WC is on as it affects their players' values.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
That's one reason twiz no doubt, more to the Moreno deal with us tho. Atleast from our side of the table.

saint.nick

Coach
FSG have $$$ mate but the club was haemorrhaging massive amounts of money when they took over. The Moreno deal and valuation is all done, Sevilla just want more money upfront . Now apparently Spurs are going in for him which will complicate it further. Same goes with Lallana, our Transfer committee knows what to do to land both targets and is up tk them to find the $$$. We'll be relying on sales to raise some funds as well.

The real myth of out financial situation is that we can throw the $$$ around like we are PSG or Real, it's simply not the case. FFP changes the game as well specially now we're actually in Europe again.

I'm not saying we can go around and splurge cash on an infinite number of players with ease, I'm just saying that we can afford to spend for example 30 m on a player on every odd occasion. Depends on who you listen to with Moreno and Lallana. We could possibly move in for Daley Blind instead, who is reportedly a better alternative, and cheaper too.
http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2014/06/daley-blind-liverpool-ajax-12m-lfc-transfer-news.html

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Much prefer we went after Rodriguez of Wolfsburg tbh. Bit worried blind will be another Diouf, good World Cup and not much after it. Barely been mentioned apart from the game against Spain.

saint.nick

Coach
February is a very key month, so we need to smash out January. Our last 3 fixtures are also tough, and almost identical to last season...

10479710_10152429791168762_3354000335579225523_n.jpg

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Bye bye for me. Hopefully no ban applies to club games and the Spanish sides don't give 2 shits about his character. I want him to stay but that was just ridiculous, cash in and hope the value hasn't diminished too much.

Bye bye for me. Hopefully no ban applies to club games and the Spanish sides don't give 2 shits about his character. I want him to stay but that was just ridiculous, cash in and hope the value hasn't diminished too much.

Firstly it is almost 100% that any ban will only apply to international games, maybe champions league as well but not domestic club games.

FIFA know that the big clubs hold massive power as they pay the huge wages every week for their star players. If FIFA was to mess with that by giving lengthy club bans to players for what happened in international football, watch the big clubs withdraw their stars from international football. The big football clubs see their club as the pinnacle not any international game or tournament.

I have watched Liverpool for 30 plus years and Luis is in the top 3 players I have seen play for the club. He is an absolute superstar on the pitch. Talent wise I would hate to lose him as such players are few and far between.

What he does on the field at times is unacceptable and I can see why the club would let him go. Then if this has caused his value to drop massively the clubs would probably keep him.

For me I put my trust in what ever Brendan Rodgers and the board decide to do with Luis. Brendan Rodgers is one of the top young managers in world football and I trust the direction he is heading the side in. If he decides to keep or sell Luis, I will accept it either way.

If Luis stays I will cheer him just as loudly as I have always done when he scores a match winning goal for the mighty reds.

Your boy is gone for 4 months. Misses a quarter of the PL and half your CL group games.

Looks likely at this stage. There could be an appeal. FIFA in the end are likely to look tough during the World Cup but it would not surprise me one bit if they increase his international ban and reduce his club ban after the World Cup. Some lawyers are already starting to say it is setting a dangerous precedent to suspend a player for more club games than international games for what happens during an international game. FIFA is basically a flawed organization (look at the bribes in the World Cup bidding process) and many big clubs will be telling them to ban players from club football will lead them to withdraw players from international football.

Liverpool is the biggest loser, their player gets banned, they have to pay him $200,000 pounds a week not to play and his transfer value goes down. Yeah the big clubs are just going to sit around and take that crap from FIFA --- I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts