What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint.nick

Coach
Honestly, I'm currently leaning towards the side of selling Suarez. He's out for 10 EPL matches, 3 UCL matches, while in that same time we could very possibly have Sanchez (and maybe Pedro too) instead.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Most outlets on the net over the last day are reporting Suarez is pretty much a done deal to Barca, the two clubs just need to work out the finances.. Looks like the deal will include Sanchez + $$$, hopefully it's still upward of £50 million.

Sanchez is a gun but he is no Suarez, would have loved to have seen them playing together but it's not to be. How Rodgers will spend the dosh to try and replace him will be interesting..

Lallana deal to be confirmed on Monday after looking like it was dead and buried weeks ago. Origi also to be announced though he is going straight back to Lille which I think is a good move.

Also looks like we are targeting Markovic over Shaqiri now, not too sure why.. He is a little younger and has big raps on him but Shaqiri is proven and would have suited down to the ground with his power and pace.

saint.nick

Coach
Well what the hell is the real story with Sanchez? You have some journos saying, 'on verge of Arsenal deal', and then conversely others say, 'Suarez Barca deal done, will include Sanchez'

saint.nick

Coach
The more time goes on, the more I am convinced we should cash in on Suarez and get Sanchez, and then buy some more players with the extra money. IMO, the team is too reliant on Suarez in order to sustain a title challenge, and also perform well in the UCL where our group will inevitably be tough, so it's going to be incredibly difficult with his ban. Sanchez is a fantastic player in his own right, and the additional players we'd buy from those Suarez funds would make us more balanced, and less reliant on one particular player to be a great team.

saint.nick

Coach
That was my point, journos are full of shit. But I'd just love to know what's really happening.

What I find curious is that, football fans will believe what they don't want to hear from journos, but they don't believe what they do want to hear, i.e.:

'Sanchez to Arsenal'-"oh ffs Liverpool, Ayre what are you doing!? Typical!".

'Sanchez to Liverpool'-"Hmmmm, believe it when I see it, but I doubt it".

Jack_Napier

Staff member
He's a huge liverpool fan, quality player but gets injured a hell of a lot. Think atleti will ask plenty for him.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
He'd be a meh signing for mine, he is a quality player but isn't young and upcoming anymore. Plus yeh I'm sure ATL will be asking a fair bit, 20 million I would be content with but anything over that I don't see the value.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Anyone else starting to worry about the upcoming season? I get the feeling we are going to be Tottenham circa 13/14 mach 2.

I am of the belief the Suarez sale had to happen for the good of the club going forward and with that I accepted that we may struggle for a year or two to reach the heights we did last season, yet still being top 4 competitive.

By that I thought you need a season or two to rebuild a club with new players as it takes time for them to settle into a new club and system and of course to learn how to play with one another etc... My main issue is Rodgers seems to be targeting really young players, which is all well in good when you can integrate them into an already established team slowly and build for the future. But in our case a lot of these players are being bought as minimum bench players for the first 11..

I think we really need along with all these kids a world class marquee player who is going to give these kids confidence to run out on to the park alongside, someone who can produce a bit of magic out of nothing and win us games i.e. What Suarez brought to the table.

Tottenham brought in a lot of good standard first 11 squad players last season with the Bale money, but struggled without that marquee bit of spark missing, and with it being such a close comp couldn't finish closer than 6th.

This season already Chelsea, Arsenal and United have improved their squads vastly with world class talent and will all improve. Even if we are down on 5% from last season we are in big trouble of dropping out of the top4 for mine.

saint.nick

Coach
I actually don't feel like we're another another Tottenham. They had AVB, we have Rodgers. United have hardly improved their squad. 30 million on a left back doesn't count, the jury is out on Herrera, and they seem to be quitting the Vidal chase.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You wont have to worry about being Spurs Mk II as long as you dont have AVB.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I think United will get Vidal and at least another big name player. Even without the lure of CL they are still a desirable option for players as they pay ridiculous overs in wages.

lolesi

First Grade
I think we have purchased some smart signings

Lambert - proven goal scorer at this level who is happy to play second fiddle to the some time injury prone Sturridge. If it's 1-1 with 15 to go lambert is a great sub to bring on, tough and strong will be a good target man in the final third

Lallana - classy attacking minded midfielder who can play 90 minutes and should shine with some class players around him. Good vision and with the likes of him, coutinho, sterling all playing behinds Sturridge it provides more outlets, as well as the improving Henderson.

Can and markovic I've never seen so I can't comment on how the play. One is defensive midfielder which will be nice cover for Lucas and Stevie and markovic is another attacking midfielder so a positive. Hopefully better then the terrible aspas.

Would love another centre back and left back, still talk the Moreno deal is on but who knows. Lovren has also expressed and interest in coming and I'd love him here.

Still feel we are short another quality striker though.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
It obvious Danny is going to lead our line IMO. All this big signing talk is pipe dream stuff. Fans seem to want the club to blow most of the Suarez $$$ on one big signing, fact is we've no doubt spent a fair bit of the Suarez money already. Thats even before we've looked at 2 problem areas in CB and LB.

Goals aren't an issue with us, it's the ridiculously high amount of goals we let in. I'd be fine if we weren't linked with anymore attackers and our targets were defenders. Lovren is gonna cost a packet but agree we should push more him. He coming in would mean goodbye Skrtel I'd imagine as well.

Aspas also looks set for a return to Spain with a loan move with Sevilla.

saint.nick

Coach
It obvious Danny is going to lead our line IMO. All this big signing talk is pipe dream stuff. Fans seem to want the club to blow most of the Suarez $$$ on one big signing, fact is we've no doubt spent a fair bit of the Suarez money already. Thats even before we've looked at 2 problem areas in CB and LB.

Goals aren't an issue with us, it's the ridiculously high amount of goals we let in. I'd be fine if we weren't linked with anymore attackers and our targets were defenders. Lovren is gonna cost a packet but agree we should push more him. He coming in would mean goodbye Skrtel I'd imagine as well.

Aspas also looks set for a return to Spain with a loan move with Sevilla.

Goals COULD become a bigger issue without Suarez though. Right now, just based on paper, the teams around us have a lot more firepower than we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts