What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Pipe dream or not, we aren't In the financial position to throw money around with the purchases we've already made. Squads too light to just throw big $$$ at one player. The ramifications of FFP on the club are there as well if we continue to throw money around.

So far we've spent £27 million on Lallana, £10 million on Can, £4 million on Lambert, £20 million on Markovic. That's £60 million without even touching our real problem areas. The type of CB we need is going to cost upwards of £20 million and then there's LB.

It's all nice and fun to play fantasy football with the squad, but reality is we aren't in the position financially nor are we too attractive to the big stars the fans demand. One year back in the CL won't automatically mean the stars will come knocking either.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Latest reports saying the Moreno deal has collapsed again.. spewing about this, thought this kid could be a long term solution at LB. Him and Markovic attacking the same flank together would have been scary good!

I understand the club didn't want to pay overs (Sevilla want 20mill) but I was hoping we may have used Asssssspas as a bargaining tool to lower that a tad.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
It's a shame but here's hoping the club have someone else in mind. Really think Rojo from sporting should be looked at. We've had him watched in the past.

saint.nick

Coach
Pipe dream or not, we aren't In the financial position to throw money around with the purchases we've already made. Squads too light to just throw big $$$ at one player. The ramifications of FFP on the club are there as well if we continue to throw money around.

So far we've spent £27 million on Lallana, £10 million on Can, £4 million on Lambert, £20 million on Markovic. That's £60 million without even touching our real problem areas. The type of CB we need is going to cost upwards of £20 million and then there's LB.

It's all nice and fun to play fantasy football with the squad, but reality is we aren't in the position financially nor are we too attractive to the big stars the fans demand. One year back in the CL won't automatically mean the stars will come knocking either.

The hell do you mean? We've got 75 million Suarez pounds to burn. This is not our own equity, it was given by Barcelona. Reus is not on the biggest of wages at BVB either.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Well for starters Barca didn't hand over a £75 million cheque did they. We apparently got a decent sum up front with the balance to paid over a certain amount of years. FFS barca apparently still owe a bit of money to arsenal for Cesc or atleast they did up until real recently.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
You nailed it in the premier league thread nick, we'll be in a hell of a battle for that 4th place spot with Man U and I think the Spuds under Poch.

Here's hoping we get the defence sorted now. Plenty of decisions to be made at CB as well as we have plenty at the club.

Big Sam

First Grade
Well for starters Barca didn't hand over a £75 million cheque did they. We apparently got a decent sum up front with the balance to paid over a certain amount of years.

That's not what I heard. The Sanchez and Fabregas money went directly to fund Suarez. That was why Sanchez had to be sold before.

So we have 75m plus 50m put in by FSG for the 'warchest'. 20m on Markovic, 25m on Lallana, 10m on Can, 4m on Lambert, and an assumption of 22m on Lovren leaves us with 44m - almost exactly the figure quoted for Reus.

It means however that any other (LB) purchase has to be done through sales. Agger and Lucas could get 20m combined from various Serie A clubs. Sadly Reina's staying though.

Last edited:

Big Sam

First Grade
Those figures are all in GBP so BVB would be looking at +55m euros. At least 25% more than they got for Goetze.

Also now that Moreno is off the table (again) we are looking at Ben Davies from Swansea.

Last edited:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
There isn't any point in us keeping a bit of money for a rainy day. We need to strike now in the player market and strengthen our squad or we will be straight back out of the CL and back to square one again.

There is no doubt there will be sales from the existing squad. As Big Sam mentioned Lucas is the obvious one and there is already interest from a few Italian clubs. One of either Agger or Skrtl will go too I'm sure and they would both be easy sells as they are both rated pretty highly (despite our poor defensive record over the last few years).

Martin Kelly, Assaidi, Coates, Borini and Johnson have all been rumoured to be on the outer too. It is a known fact that Stoke are trying to get Assaidi permanently that's 7-8 million there

Jack_Napier

Staff member
From what I read we got about 55 for Suarez upfront tho happy to be proven wrong on that account as I'd much prefer we got all the $$$ straight away.

Not sure where this 50m warchest comes from. We never have a set amount we are going to spend. The transfer committee lead by head scout Barry Hunter and Fallows and Ayre all decide on a case by case basis and get final stamp from FSG for payment.

Here's hoping We can offload some player like you mention Sam, players like Pepe are on big wages, hopefully Glen Johnson can be offloaded as well as he and pepe are on 200k combined a week. Insane cash for 2 past it players. Almost take anything just to get them off the books.

Big Sam

First Grade
He did too, my bad. So technically the Reus money would still be more than they got for Lewandowski ;-)

Big Sam

First Grade
Assaidi to Stoke for 7m all but confirmed. Very good bit of business that given he was bought for 3m.

Now for Agger and Lucas (and possibly Borini), and suddenly we have another 30m to play with.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Nice if we can get 7 for assaidi. Here's hoping you're right Sam and we can raise a bit more $$$. Really hope Lovren is the next target.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Now reports emerging out of Spain that the Moreno deal is potentially back on again! Jeez what a soap opera that has become.

Also apparently we are going to put a bid in for Griezmann, quality young winger who would suit us to a tee though I think its very doubtful as he has a lot of admirers. However now that PSG are are apparently getting Di Maria it eliminates one of our competitors.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Griezmann also has a terrible attitude by all reports I've read as well. I truly don't think we'll see any more attackers unless there are some sales.

Really hope the club gets it's shit together and starts on the defence. Move on from Moreno as his hearts set on the typical Madrid/Barca move. He was Chelsea bound until he told them he wants to wait and see if Madrid matches their offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts