What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint.nick

Coach
We'd want to spend something on them.
Our defence cost us the premiership last year and so far we have done nothing to strengthen it.
The Spanish left back might cost about 20 million but for the life of me why not try buying Hummels.Im guessing Manure are trying given some of the snippets in the press so why the hell aren't we having a dig.
You could base your defence around him for the next 5 years and he'd be worth every cent you pay.
I hope Rogers is over playing Stevie G in that defensive role too.
Nothing Rogers has done so far would make me believe he's planning to shift him in a hurry.
Reina situation is interesting.
I can handle him back as a second keeper but does anyone know what the plan there is?

I don't dispute the idea that we need to spend money on defenders. I dispute idea that we've finished up our business with attacking players while there's 75 million pounds still to burn.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
Reina is definitly available if a club comes in for him. He burned some bridges with BR in the past when he thought he was Barca bound, so I doubt we'll see him in Red again. He's also on $100k a week wages as well, one of the highest paid at the club so I'm sure FSG would be happy to see him go.

Hummels would be amazing as well, but the moment Dortmund announce he's available, clubs like Barca, Madrid and Man Yoo with the real spending and financial power would see us out of the picture quick smart. Still think we haven't heard the last of the Lovren interest.

Arsenal reportedly still want him. They can only have him if they give Sanchez though.

lolesi

First Grade
Hummels is one of the best defenders in the world as it currently stands.. I just couldn't see him coming to Liverpool unfortunately.. As stated by others before, I think he would only want a move to man utd , Chelsea, barca, real etc.

Lovren is a much more realistic and likely signing. Which would be fantastic.

If we don't replace Johnson with any single available defender Rodgers is kidding himself, he is the worst defender in the Premier League

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah johnno has been shithouse for at least 12 months now. If we get a LB in, Flanno can go to RB which is his preffered side. Plus Kelly is fully fit and game ready now so there's another option, tho BR seems to be giving him a shot at CB this preseason.

Foz

Bench
Reina is definitly available if a club comes in for him. He burned some bridges with BR in the past when he thought he was Barca bound, so I doubt we'll see him in Red again. He's also on $100k a week wages as well, one of the highest paid at the club so I'm sure FSG would be happy to see him go.

Hummels would be amazing as well, but the moment Dortmund announce he's available, clubs like Barca, Madrid and Man Yoo with the real spending and financial power would see us out of the picture quick smart. Still think we haven't heard the last of the Lovren interest.

Jack is that $100k or £100k?

Either way it's too much.
Send him to Arsenal on a free as long as they pay the wages.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Shit meant £ mate. He's one of our highest paid unfortunately. Hopefully Napoli are keen as well, you'd take anything to get him of our books. Same with Johnson, on £100k or close to it.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
In terms of defenders we are still linked with a move for Micah Richards (as we have been loosely for the last few seasons).

I've always been a fan of his, he's always been massive talent, big, strong, physical, quick and good with the ball at his feet. He's always had the stigma attached that he is a poor defender and prone to making wrong decisions at crucial times etc but I blame this more on the fact that in his whole career he hasnt really had a long sustained run in a team where he has the oppurtinity to grow and gain valuable experience.

Injuries have really cruelled his career thus far, being the main reason he hasn't really ever been able to break into City's 1st team consistently. I mean you don't play CB for England at the age of 18 unless you have serious ability.

For mine he could be another Daniel Sturridge i.e. one teams trash is another teams treasure. He is still only 26, is apparently all over his injuries, can play RB, CB or DM and would come relatively cheaply, it's reported City want £7 mill for him.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Apparently Lovren has spoken with Koeman and asked for a move to us to happen. Would be stoked if we get him. His positioning, anticipation and leadership at the back is exactly what Sakho needs next to him as well.

saint.nick

Coach
Liverpool have held high level talks with Real Madrid about Isco and Di Maria. Liverpool rejected the idea of offering Coutinho, while RM were open to it.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Looks like we have hijacked Manquillo from Atleti away from Arsenal, feels good to be in this position for a change :cool:

Haven't seen him play before though is a Spanish under 21 player, keeps with Rodgers obvious strategy of building for the future with youngsters.

Interestingly though is he is a RB, hadn't previously been linked with anyone in this position. We were chasing a LB so assumably we could put Flanagan back on the right to at minimum put Johnson under some pressure (I'd have him in there over Johnson in a heartbeat).

Perhaps we have given up on an LB and Rodgers is happy with Enrique's fitness and having Flanagan as his understudy for the future?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah it's a strange one given he's a RB. You could be right with BR liking Flanno on the left and now deciding to use him there. We've also loaned out Wisdom to WBA and he can play RB, he's more a CB but he's another option at RB for us.

I just pray Enrique has learnt to calm down going forward every time he gets the ball over his long lay off. His positioning has been ridiculous at times for us in the past. I really just want LB's and RB's who don't get caught out up the pitch all the time and are solid defensively first and formost. Enrique and Johnson are brilliant and flooding forward, cutting inside and losing possession.

saint.nick

Coach
Yeah it's a strange one given he's a RB. You could be right with BR liking Flanno on the left and now deciding to use him there. We've also loaned out Wisdom to WBA and he can play RB, he's more a CB but he's another option at RB for us.

I just pray Enrique has learnt to calm down going forward every time he gets the ball over his long lay off. His positioning has been ridiculous at times for us in the past. I really just want LB's and RB's who don't get caught out up the pitch all the time and are solid defensively first and formost. Enrique and Johnson are brilliant and flooding forward, cutting inside and losing possession.

I don't think it's too much of a problem for Enrique. All of his crosses end up going out for goal kicks, so it gives him time to re-adjust his position anyway.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
We might be getting our wish with Johnson. Now QPR have gotten the Caulker deal out of the way, they will apparently focus back on Glen Johnson. Wages as usual an issue but he'll no doubt be offered a long term deal and that should see the deal happen.

lolesi

First Grade
Looks like we have signed lovren for 20mil. Pending a medical. Lallana has also done a knee injury and will be out for 6 weeks.

Very happy with the lovren signing. Hopefully we can just confirm the remy one soon..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I read an article this morning saying you guys had agreed to terms with Lovren, and then another one where it said you walked away from the deal as he aint worth 20mill.

Good old English press.

Big Sam

First Grade
Lovren's done. Remy's done.

Origi's in Boston for a medical before heading back to Lille for a season on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts