What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I heard he picked up a "small" knock in training but if that tweet is true it's an amazing start to our signing :-/

saint.nick

Coach
If you check MailOnlineSport's real twitter page there is no such tweet that exists. If he has been injured it'd be the first thing which pops up when you google him

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah sweet, ill trust your investigative work nick haha. I saw he wasn't named at all this morning due to a small knock picked up while training. That's all I want from the preseason, no serious injuries. Could care less bout the results.

saint.nick

Coach
Haha, I only fell for DB's post because I didn't catch the game, and had only been on the computer for 5 minutes, so I assumed he has been injured while playing...

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Cos I don't use twitter jimbos post looks full on legit so I was worried as well. You'd assume if Markovic had even just broken a nail or something all the Liverpool fan sites would've exploded instantly with the cries, so you could imagine in this 6 months injury was legit.

saint.nick

Coach
Jimbo didn't even fabricate that tweet, he's found it somewhere amongst the tiniest nooks and crannies of the internet. Maybe it was on 4C or something.

saint.nick

Coach
Loving the confidence...

I reckon we can win the FA cup this season. Our improved squad depth should help a lot. It's been a little while since 06...

Lemon Squash

First Grade
For those who have been watching the preseason games who has impressed you?

I think Coutinho has been outstanding in just about every game, if he keeps it up then he is in for a massive year. He just needs to trouble the score sheet a little more and he could turn into a world class number 10, we all know he has all the skills and vision needed just needs more end product.

Excited to see if he can form a threatening combinations with Markovic and Lallana

saint.nick

Coach
While it was good to beat City, that game was seriously such a muckaround. You know that no one is taking it too seriously when it's literally just widely open end-to-end action. Imagine if we top the group, and Utd top theirs :eek:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Yer agree, I also like what I see from Can.

On form we should beat Milan and top our group. I think Madrid will lift against Utd and Roma will Bradbury it through to the final

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Hendo looked good from what I saw of this mornings game as well. His energy and work rate in the middle of the park will be crucial for us as well. Agree about Couts as well Lemon, he looks sharp and if he can get some killer instict in and around the box he'll have a massive year. Both he and Raheem just need to add goals to their bag of tricks.

Think we'll see sterling go to another level as well. He's really getting it between the ears and that's only going to further develop. Haven't seen anything from Markovic yet so keen to get a better look at him when season kicks off.

Liked what I saw from Can as well nick. Big, strong, has good motor on him. Looks very confident with the ball at his feet as well. Really hope BR isn't afraid to throw him in against anyone. Looks a real good kid.

Heard nothing but good things about young Rossiter for us as well. CM who is 17-18 I believe but the wraps are massive on the kid. The comparisons to Stevie at the same age are there and I know BR rates him real high. Could see some games this year in the early cup rounds. Definitly one to watch out for.

Mong

Post Whore
I doubt he can get back anywhere near where he was when he left the place. I'd want the club to look elsewhere if I was a pool fan.

Remember him for what he have the club, wouldn't want to sour that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts