What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I read an article this morning saying you guys had agreed to terms with Lovren, and then another one where it said you walked away from the deal as he aint worth 20mill.

Good old English press.

There's also ones floating around this morning saying we have made an official bid of 14.6 million for Shaqiri yesterday and appear favorites to sign him. Even though there's also been many contradicting reports for the last few weeks saying the deal was long buried as we got Markovic as an alternative and that the only potential suitor for Shaqiri is Juve.

Honesty most of the reports aren't worth a grain of salt.... Still doesn't make them any less fun to read though :D

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I laughed at the Shaqiri article from today as well Lemon as I read one yesterday that had quotes from Xherdan himself saying he is staying in Munich. Transfer season is awesome haha. Last week or so we've been linked with Reus, Isco, Vidal and now i read another 35 million bid for Gaitan of Benfica. Must be the easiest job being a journo during Transfer season.

Helmet Man

Juniors
I see Liverpool doing a Tottenhan 2.0. They have all this money to spend due to selling their star player. They sign all these players who have potential but most of them don't kick off. Liverpool really do need to sign at least one world class to avoid this from happening.

Big Sam

First Grade
I see Liverpool doing a Tottenhan 2.0. They have all this money to spend due to selling their star player. They sign all these players who have potential but most of them don't kick off. Liverpool really do need to sign at least one world class to avoid this from happening.

Name me one world class player in the last 20 years we signed. Torres and Suarez became world class at LFC but they weren't when they arrived.

As for our signings, only Markovic has the potential to be a Spurs-esque signing.

saint.nick

Coach

I don't think you are looking into it enough. You're just automatically thinking, 'Hmm, Liverpool lost star player, got heaps of money, buying lot's of new players, doing a Spurs for sure'. That's just too simplistic.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Exactly Sam. All this talk of wanting or needing world class is ridiculous. It's clearly not how we operate.

Just heard that the Remy deal has collapsed due to issues with his Medical. Not 100% sure if its for real or just typical TW bullshit.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Yep Remy deal off... I guess that this was one of those rare case's where the medical wasn't a formality to proceedings. All the best to Remy hopefully he can seek treatment and continue to play.

Lovren has been officially unvieled in the past hour, expect one of Agger or Skrtl to go the opposite way.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
Yep, it's definitely going to be Agger. SkySports just said that he's left the squad to return to the UK with a 'slight injury'. We all know that's just BS, because it's a bit too convenient that he's left the squad right on when Lovren has just been officially announced.

lolesi

First Grade
So no remy ey.. Shame cause I really was excited by him.

A goal scorer is once again, top of the list now for us hopefully.

1-0 win this morning. Goal to sterling

saint.nick

Coach
Did Lallana also return home with his injury? If he didn't it's conclusive evidence that Agger didn't go home to sort out a minor injury.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Origi confirmed and loaned straight back to Lille like everyone expected. £10 million apparently, there was a rumour we were going to bring him in straight away after the Remy deal shat itself. That obviously would've seen the fee rise closer to the £18-£20 million region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts