What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Moreno looking even closer now isn't it Sam? Think I read we're offering Suso in an imporveddeal and Moreno might be lowering his wage demands to help the move go through. Fingers crossed on that one getting over the line real soon.

saint.nick

Coach
I think we are waiting for the Borini saga to finish before we sign our striker. No point splashing the cash if we can't get him off the books.

I've said it before and I'll say it again but it's not a terrible position to be in. Borini proved last season that he could be an effective striker in the EPL, we know he is hungry to prove himself. I think we could do worse than to give him a chance as a back up to Sturrigde. Can he replace Suarez? Of course not though there isn't many players in the world that could.

I would have been stoked if the Remy deal had of happened but now the circumstances have changed and do has my opinion.

No. Just no.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
No. Just no.

Look if we are to get the proposed £14 million for him then happy days, I will personally fly to merseyside and pack his bags for him.

Fact is he is playing hard ball in regards to his wages and it is screwing is royally in our other business. I don't want it to get to the last minute where they finally work out a deal and then we have 2-3 days to sign a striker most likely on massive overs.

The only two plausible targets on the market are Lavezzi and Bony, Lavezzi is past it (and isn't a natural striker anyways) and Bony for mine although a good player and goal scorer is more of a target man type centre forward, not sure if he will suit the way we play.

Sure he would give is a different option but personally I I don't really want to pay £19 million for a guy who will essentially be a 'Plan B' (let's kick it into the box and see if he can head it).

I'm just saying I won't be personally too disappointed if Borini is still here this year

Jack_Napier

Staff member
You sure you watched bony. His hardly just a "kick to the box and hope he heads it" type of player.

Big Sam

First Grade
Manquillo a done deal. 'Manquillo the Manc-killer'*

*Copyrighted by Big Sam, 2014 ;-)

saint.nick

Coach
Lol, manquillo is the nice little entree we receive while we wait for the big main meal in Moreno that we're all eager for.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
So linked to Falcao and Cavani.... Probably a load of bollocks but we are allowed to at least dream aren't we?

We land either of them then IMO we are right back in with a shot at the title. Currently I think we will be in a real battle for fourth with UTD. Can't see us getting near City or Chelsea and Arsenal are a real dark horse for mine this year.

Will be a massive let down if after finally getting back into the CL where we belong getting ousted after one season

Big Sam

First Grade
Sorry LS but both are relatively average IMO.

If we're gonna drop +25m on either of them, then we may as well drop +35m on Reus or di Maria who are better AND younger.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Sorry LS but both are relatively average IMO.

If we're gonna drop +25m on either of them, then we may as well drop +35m on Reus or di Maria who are better AND younger.

Average? :shock:

They are both world class centre forwards, the one position we still desperately need to fill.

Don't get me wrong Reus and Di Maria are both guns as well, though they are both natural wide players positions which we are already stocked well enough in. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't say no to either but dropping 35+ one one of them would seem more of a waste to me than spending to buy an out and out goal scorer.

Big Sam

First Grade
Average? :shock:

They are both world class centre forwards, the one position we still desperately need to fill.

Don't get me wrong Reus and Di Maria are both guns as well, though they are both natural wide players positions which we are already stocked well enough in. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't say no to either but dropping 35+ one one of them would seem more of a waste to me than spending to buy an out and out goal scorer.

Relatively average is what I said. Cavani failed abysmally on numerous occasions last season when he was asked to lead the line for both PSG (UCL QF 2nd leg, when Ibra was out) and twice for Uruguay (when Suarez was out). Falcao's coming off an ACL and his career peaked 18 months ago IMO.

Compare that to Di Maria whose absence many people thought cost Argentina a win in the WC final.

Rodgers does not like to play 2 up front. He only did that last season because of Suarez' devastating form. So we're not in the market for another out and out goal scorer since we have Sturridge. We do however need to find his understudy (Bony?).

If you played a 4-3-3/4-5-1 with a front three of (L to R) Di Maria, Sturridge, and Sterling we'd be title contenders.

saint.nick

Coach
Except we are in the market. Liverpool have made recent contact with both players. You think that we'd buy either one of them with a view to make them an understudy to Sturridge? Falcao understandably prefers Real Madrid but Cavani IMO could actually be possible.

saint.nick

Coach
Additionally, Cavani is a central player who was forced to play out of position out wide to accommodate Zlatan in the middle. Despite that, he still grabbed 16 goals in 30 games, which is about 1 goal every 2 games. Still pretty good for a player that was low on confidence and out of position.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Lol, falcao who is on probably 250k-300k a week and a loan fee that looks upwards of 15 million or cavani who will cost upwards of 60m plus wages of near 200k a week. Considering our target previously was Remy, how much weight do you guys actually give to these rumours. Considering the cavani one is a rehashed quote from well before the World Cup from his agent on twitter.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
Lol, falcao who is on probably 250k-300k a week and a loan fee that looks upwards of 15 million or cavani who will cost upwards of 60m plus wages of near 200k a week. Considering our target previously was Remy, how much weight do you guys actually give to these rumours. Considering the cavani one is a rehashed quote from well before the World Cup from his agent on twitter.

Is skepticism the new black these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.