What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Sam

First Grade
He wouldn't be #1 striker, Mong. Very different role and expectations to last time.

saint.nick

Coach
I doubt he can get back anywhere near where he was when he left the place. I'd want the club to look elsewhere if I was a pool fan.

Remember him for what he have the club, wouldn't want to sour that.

It's already soured somewhat.

saint.nick

Coach
I reckon he'd actually go alright in a new, yet still familiar environment. Apparently he was offered to us and we declined.

Mong

Post Whore
I reckon he'd actually go alright in a new, yet still familiar environment. Apparently he was offered to us and we declined.

That wouldn't surprise me if that's true.

He definitely needs a change of environment though.

saint.nick

Coach
So would you take him back?

Yeah maybe. There is no doubt that deep down, he's one of the most talented strikers in the modern generation. Has he lost speed? Yes. Is he down on confidence? f**k yes. But I think it's the BR factor that would fill me with hope. He needs a manager which will always encourage him and pat him on the back. His Chelsea experience has been quite cold, and I think the warmer Liverpool environment would be a lot better.

Mong

Post Whore
True

Jose took shots at him in the media last season..

Management at its finest..

Big Sam

First Grade
Fact is we can't go into the season with a striking hierarchy of Sturridge > Lambert > Borini.

It needs to be Sturridge > X > Lambert.

Player X could be Bony, but we'd be looking at the 18-22m price range for him. Would Torres at 15m be better value?

saint.nick

Coach
If Torres gets his confidence back under BR, then him for sure IMO. Bony is a great player but Torres has that reputation that always lingers in your mind. He may be 30, but IMO it doesn't matter if we make short or long term signings at the moment, as long as they make an immediate impact. That immediate impact is going to help us retain that top 4 spot. After that is retained, then Liverpool will have a lot better appeal, and then we can start thinking about spending on more longer term marquee players.

saint.nick

Coach
And I agree Sam. We need to do to Borini what Batman did to the dodgy Chinese accountant in The Dark Knight.

Mong

Post Whore
If Torres gets his confidence back under BR, then him for sure IMO. Bony is a great player but Torres has that reputation that always lingers in your mind. He may be 30, but IMO it doesn't matter if we make short or long term signings at the moment, as long as they make an immediate impact. That immediate impact is going to help us retain that top 4 spot. After that is retained, then Liverpool will have a lot better appeal, and then we can start thinking about spending on more longer term marquee players.

You know bony is going to score you goals though, Torres certainly can, it's just a risk if he actually will.

I'd go bony ATM.

If Torres was back to his best it would be a no brainer though.

saint.nick

Coach
Which player has the more speed? Maybe Bony is more worthy of a shot, but it's the sentiment that is a key deal closer for me.

cb4

First Grade
Lacazette is the player I hope we get in as another Striker. That guy has the potential to be anything.

I wanted Higuain on the moral that his best mate is Di Maria and we were linked with him.

The player we should have been all over was Mandzukic. I can't for the life of me understand how we didn't tap him on the shoulder if we knew Suarez had been contacted by Barca.

I have watched all the pre season games, and I think our best tactic to go forward is a diamond with Gerrard Can Hendo and Coutinho, with Sterling and Sturrdige up front.

Sterling will become a genuine superstar, and Jordan Ibe isn't far behind him. Rumours are Ibe has been approached by Bayer Leverkusen for a year long loan, so I hope we agree to that.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
No way in the world would I have him back Torres is a shot duck. People have been waiting for him to come back to form for 4-5 seasons now, it's not going to happen.

I do see your point though there isn't much available on the market and to get anyone we will be paying overs. I hope BR can find someone from somewhere. Otherwise holding onto Bornini may not be the worst thing in the world.

Helmet Man

Juniors
Lacazette is the player I hope we get in as another Striker. That guy has the potential to be anything.

I wanted Higuain on the moral that his best mate is Di Maria and we were linked with him.

The player we should have been all over was Mandzukic. I can't for the life of me understand how we didn't tap him on the shoulder if we knew Suarez had been contacted by Barca.

I have watched all the pre season games, and I think our best tactic to go forward is a diamond with Gerrard Can Hendo and Coutinho, with Sterling and Sturrdige up front.

Sterling will become a genuine superstar, and Jordan Ibe isn't far behind him. Rumours are Ibe has been approached by Bayer Leverkusen for a year long loan, so I hope we agree to that.
Lacazette was an absolute machine for me on fifa career mode.

Big Sam

First Grade
Looks like Moreno is finally happening. So too is Manquillo. So new LB and RB to come.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
If it's a choice between Bony or Nando? It's bony all day, even paying the extra 8m or so. He's younger, bagged 25 goals in an average team in all comps last year, including against us. Not saying he will be Drogba but he looks that kind of player to me. Getting him would be entirely dependent on the 14m for Borini happening of course.

Nando is done like Lemon said, he hasn't been back since his days with us and all the injury shit just before we sold him. All the sentiment in the world won't bring his glory days back.

Agree with Lacazette as well, pretty sure the club looked into him before opting for Remy.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Manquillo's still very young so maybe another half-season of Johnson.

Hopefully Moreno LB will mean Flanagan to RB alleviating us of Johnson.

I've been watching a lot of footage of Moreno since we were originally linked to him and I don't want to sound overly confident but the kid looks all class. Very quick across the ground, calm and composed both on the ball and in defensive situations and isn't afraid to push forward. He screams quality to me and 20 mill might look like a steal if he is still with us in 7-8 years time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts