What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint.nick

Coach
He can whip in a ball 100 times better than Enrique that's for sure. Moreno would be superb to have as an attacking threat from the flanks.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Only problem with Moreno will be holding onto him. Chelsea had agreed a fee before we got near him, but he came out and said he want a Madrid move. He's even said while our discussions have gone on. Says to me he'll wanting a move to Madrid or Barca in a few seasons. Anything can happen if we were to get him to Anfield tho.

saint.nick

Coach
I don't really care if he leaves after only a few seasons. We need signings who will make an immediate impact so we can retain top 4, whether they're great for the short term or long term (more than a few years). If he comes in and absolutely loves it, he may have second thoughts about Madrid anyway.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Got up early to watch the Milan game and the first thing the commentators mention is we have already qualified and will play Utd.... Happy Days :cool:

Mong

Post Whore
Finally got around to watching the man city game. Interesting pitch.

The support seemed to be nearly all red and white. Pool have done an awesome job over the years of becoming a global brand.

saint.nick

Coach
Haha, City lost on penalties again. I was initially confused when they said we already made it because they didn't reveal that City had lost.

Liverpool vs Man Utd in a pre-season friendly...this is going to be anything but friendly.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Meh, who cares really, all I want is no injuries and for the squad to sharpen up for the season opener. Be nice to beat those Manc merkins again tho. Be interesting to see how hard both sides go at it.

Foz

Bench
Sturridge was sent back to England so we only have 1 striker available.
Heard them say we have 7 centre backs on the books.
Hope a couple can play.
Think it's a formality Agger will go.

I want to see Susso kept.
Ibe and Robinson have looked promising too.
There'll be a few unlucky ones go out on loan.

We really need another striker which was the last thing we would've needed at the end of last year.
Oh and.get Gerrard out of the D.

Gee there's some Liverpool supporters around the world.
Hope Miamis got a big enough stadium.

ggmu

Juniors
Should have played this one at The Big House. Gonna need all the seats they can get.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
How incredible was that United vs Madrid crowd. Just wow.

Suso looked good this morning. Kinda glad we priced him out of move to Porto.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Does anyone know where the f*ck Markovic is???? hasn't been named in the last 3 games.

I hope that 6 month injury rumour doesn't have any legs to it.

lolesi

First Grade
Really need another striker since the remy deal collapsed. Sturridge isn't going through the season uninjured and we can't be going into big games with lambert leading the line..

saint.nick

Coach
I'm confident that Rodgers is aware of this. He's a smart manager. Overall, I think Utd have taken this tournament a lot more seriously.

lolesi

First Grade
No doubt he is aware of it. Just hope whoever he has identified comes soon.. I have read Swansea are now prepared to let bony go if his release clause is met. I'd be happy with him

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I think we are waiting for the Borini saga to finish before we sign our striker. No point splashing the cash if we can't get him off the books.

I've said it before and I'll say it again but it's not a terrible position to be in. Borini proved last season that he could be an effective striker in the EPL, we know he is hungry to prove himself. I think we could do worse than to give him a chance as a back up to Sturrigde. Can he replace Suarez? Of course not though there isn't many players in the world that could.

I would have been stoked if the Remy deal had of happened but now the circumstances have changed and do has my opinion.

Big Sam

First Grade
Reina offloaded for £2m. Means we can technically offer a new player his £110k/week wage.

I think once we've offloaded Agger, Lucas, Assaidi, and Borini and brought in Moreno, Manquillo, and Bony, we'll be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts