What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I am really keen to see Can develop this year even more. Expecting a big season from him.

Same mate, really hoping we see him get a go in the Midfield, I've read elsewhere he's been told he'll be playing the DM type role for us which is where I want to see him.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
The Manquillo business was one the dumbest transfers pieces of business I'd seen. Sell one RB in Martin Kelly, Loan out another in Wisdom to then bring in Manquillo on a 2 year loan which would cost us $$$ to terminate early.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
So Sterling to city for £49 million, apparently £44 million plus around 5 in add ons. Great piece of business IMO. Sure we have to give QPR 20% but we've essentially replaced Sterling with Milner and Firmino.

Also Gary McAllister has been named as our first team coach and joins the coaching staff.

Now we just need to land a good striker. Rumours are that Alexandre Lacazette is being chased by Arsenal and another player we've been linked with, Pedro (who I realise is not a striker) is being chased now by Chelsea.

It is being reported we may be about to make a bid for Denis Cheryshev from Real Madrid, though why would we want another winger is beyond me.

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Benteke looks to be set for us Captain A. Now sterling is done I'm sure we'll get Benteke done sooner rather than later. Would love Lacazette but PSG and a few other sides will price us right out of the market. Someone like Lacazette will want CL football as well.

Don't get why we are pushing for Cheryshev either. Wingers CB and AM is all we seem to buy despite needing a better Keeper, Striker and DM.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
So Sterling to city for £49 million, apparently £44 million plus around 5 in add ons. Great piece of business IMO. Sure we have to give QPR 20% but we've essentially replaced Sterling with Milner and Firmino.

Also Gary McAllister has been named as our first team coach and joins the coaching staff.

i'm disappointed the cyarnt couldn't hang off until after the brisbane game so we could boo the shit out of the dirty little alpaca f**ker.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Liverpool are going for Cheryshev because he's got a great cross on him. Delivery is usually pretty good. Plus he also puts in a defensive shift so I wouldn't be surprised to see him at LWB at some stage. Makes sense if you're buying Benteke. Stinks a little bit of the Downing/Carroll scenario but Benteke is a bit better than Carroll.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I can't say that I've ever seen Cheryshev play so my comment was more based on if we need another wide player or not. We really need to be getting a striker sorted first IMO.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
We are no chance at Lacazette Captain, he wasnt CL football and will cost a mint. From what I've been reading on another site, United havent even enquired about Benteke and he still looks a really good chance of being a LFC player.

Status
Not open for further replies.