What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
origi looks to me like he's packed on too much weight for his body, he's filled in in a very short space of time. his header vs thailand was beastly, but the weight has clearly cost him some pace

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Most disappointing thing about Origi so far for mine is his awareness in the box, there were a few decent chances over the course of the two games where if he had of been better positioned or read the situation better than he might have capitalised.

I think he showed a few good touches and skills and you don't break into the current Belgium team at 19 without having some decent talent.

Definate work in progress though and most likely will start as number 4 striker for the season.

Gomez looks a great prospect, tbh I had never heard of him until there were rumours we were signing him. Assumed he would just be some young kid who goes out on loan and then is never seen again, looked very impressive in the two games, not lacking in confidence that's for sure.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Benteke would be a good mentor for him so that might explain some of the benteke appeal

But remember origi has been preferred over lukaku also so he's no mug

Craig Johnston

First Grade
7719__8155__bentekeinterview1000_517X310.jpg

Craig Johnston

First Grade
mignolet
clyne skrtel sakho can
milner hendo
lallana/ibe firminho countinho
benteke/sturridge

bench: lallana/ibe, benteke/sturridge, ings, lucas, allen, moreno, lovren, bogdan, origi, markovic

reserves: enrique, flanagan, wisdom, gomes, llori, rossiter, sinclair, texeira,

still here but likely to go: ballo, lambert, borini

there's options galore for formation and squad rotation, personally i'm not completely satisfied, but the squad admittedly does have the POTENTIAL to sneak the title this season ;)

Last edited:

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Sakho has played LB before too - doesn't mean it would be a good idea. Can got roasted playing at fullback last year. Moreno and Gomez will be the LB's.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Sakho has played LB before too - doesn't mean it would be a good idea. Can got roasted playing at fullback last year. Moreno and Gomez will be the LB's.

how many fullback games has sakho played again?

can got exposed in a couple of matches, but proved more than solid compared to his backline team mates, one of our better performed players last season despite not playing in his preferred position, he's still more solid than moreno for defensive duties.

it's up to moreno to prove we shouldn't need to be so conservative. again, options galore. gomez looked good in pre-season but like any kid like that he's not gonna see alot of games to start.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
how many fullback games has sakho played again?
uhh plenty? he played a shitload there for PSG

it's up to moreno to prove we shouldn't need to be so conservative. again, options galore. gomez looked good in pre-season but like any kid like that he's not gonna see alot of games to start.
moreno cost 18mill so he's gonna get first bite at LB ( i have a suspicion Lovren is gonna get first bite at CB as well based on Rodgers having spent so much on him), no doubt he needs to improve defensively but he'll be first choice - I wouldn't be surprised to see Gomez as immediate backup seeing as Enrique is on the outer and Flanagan is still a while away from being fit.

Ilori will go out on loan will Gomez hangs around the first team imo, unless the rumours of us after Digne are true.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
uhh plenty? he played a shitload there for PSG

moreno cost 18mill so he's gonna get first bite at LB ( i have a suspicion Lovren is gonna get first bite at CB as well based on Rodgers having spent so much on him), no doubt he needs to improve defensively but he'll be first choice - I wouldn't be surprised to see Gomez as immediate backup seeing as Enrique is on the outer and Flanagan is still a while away from being fit.

Ilori will go out on loan will Gomez hangs around the first team imo, unless the rumours of us after Digne are true.

lovren couldn't get a game on tour, he's out based on bib theories :p

time to move some deadwood

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I assume he is saying Villa will buy one of Tottenhams, probably Adebayor.

You assume correctly, Sherwood wants Ade to replace him and we finally get Ade off our books.

Last edited:

African Monkey

First Grade
You assume correctly, Sherwood wants Ade to replace him and we finally get Ade off our books.

Lol I'd be happy with Adebayor at Villa. Hope Benteke goes well for your mob. Don't think he's the right sort of striker for you guys but I could be wrong :)

saint.nick

Coach
mignolet
clyne skrtel sakho can
milner hendo
lallana/ibe firminho countinho
benteke/sturridge

bench: lallana/ibe, benteke/sturridge, ings, lucas, allen, moreno, lovren, bogdan, origi, markovic

reserves: enrique, flanagan, wisdom, gomes, llori, rossiter, sinclair, texeira,

still here but likely to go: ballo, lambert, borini

there's options galore for formation and squad rotation, personally i'm not completely satisfied, but the squad admittedly does have the POTENTIAL to sneak the title this season ;)

CJ, Can is a makeshift fullback and nothing more. He started off in defence very well last season, but then got found out. He was only best for his ability to bring the ball out from the defence, but he got found out in other areas. Furthermore, Can is a midfielder, and that's where he needs to continue developing his game. He won't improve as a centre mid by playing another season at fullback. It's not what we bought him for, and he's not the best for the job. We already have two more preferable options in Moreno and Gomez.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
CJ, Can is a makeshift fullback and nothing more. He started off in defence very well last season, but then got found out. He was only best for his ability to bring the ball out from the defence, but he got found out in other areas. Furthermore, Can is a midfielder, and that's where he needs to continue developing his game. He won't improve as a centre mid by playing another season at fullback. It's not what we bought him for, and he's not the best for the job. We already have two more preferable options in Moreno and Gomez.

not telling us anything we don't already know sunshine, might have helped if you read further in the thread before blowing your load, although can being "found out" is a massive exagerration, he had 2-3 poor games, where one of them contributed to 3 of the 4 goals, so it was magnified.

Status
Not open for further replies.