What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Deadset over our brain explosions in defence. Should've been a 1-0 victory but again we look like getting yet another draw.

cb4

First Grade
I was given a bum steer of a line up.

The game was crap, deserved a draw. We have no creativity and no threat.

The goal we conceded was terrible, how does Gaston Ramirez beat Benteke on a header. And how is Mane so unmarked?

Despite my love for Klopp, I dont think I will be getting up early to watch this team until Klopp has effectively put his stamp on it. They are just so bad.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
We have to shake the stench of BR completely off this team before we see any improvement. Klopp really has some work to do.

cb4

First Grade
If he wants to shake the immediate BR stench, drop Milner and Skrtel and play some others.

Milner, nice cross yes, but was ineffective for 93 minutes.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Agree cb, miller offers sweet f**k all to this team, at least he will be missing from the Chelsea game as he has 5 yellows already.

Hendo can't come back soon enough either, he might show everyone how to make runs and pass effectively.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
If he wants to shake the immediate BR stench, drop Milner and Skrtel and play some others.

Milner, nice cross yes, but was ineffective for 93 minutes.

Milner I agree with, I was a fan of his signing but really hasn't delivered anything of substance. I think when Hendo is back that will seal his fate on the bench. Problem with Skrtel is who do you drop him for, Lovren? F**ck me, no thanks!

I watch us play every week and you would think we have grabbed 11 random blokes off the street and thrown some red jerseys on them and chucked them onto the pitch. We don't look like we train together, there is no clear style and it looks like our tactics change on a weekly basis and we usually fail to stick to them anyways.

In general I think we have actually been relatively stable at the back this year but its the same case where every game we have one or two brain fades and concede a goal and with our attack being so abysmally piss weak at the moment we can't afford to be doing that.

We need Sturridge back fit and firing, he is class and lifts the players around him. Problem is it feels like I have been saying that for the last 18 months, he is fair dinkum made of glass.

cb4

First Grade
Agree cb, miller offers sweet f**k all to this team, at least he will be missing from the Chelsea game as he has 5 yellows already.

Hendo can't come back soon enough either, he might show everyone how to make runs and pass effectively.

Milners suspension comes against Bournemouth in the COC, not against Chelsea unfortunately. He was out to get carded this game.

Lost count of the amount of times we decided to try and score from 30 yards out as well.

Frustrating.

Milner I agree with, I was a fan of his signing but really hasn't delivered anything of substance. I think when Hendo is back that will seal his fate on the bench. Problem with Skrtel is who do you drop him for, Lovren? F**ck me, no thanks!

I'd be willing to try Lovren, he is capable of playing in a highline, Skrtel isn't.

I watch us play every week and you would think we have grabbed 11 random blokes off the street and thrown some red jerseys on them and chucked them onto the pitch. We don't look like we train together, there is no clear style and it looks like our tactics change on a weekly basis and we usually fail to stick to them anyways.

In general I think we have actually been relatively stable at the back this year but its the same case where every game we have one or two brain fades and concede a goal and with our attack being so abysmally piss weak at the moment we can't afford to be doing that.

We need Sturridge back fit and firing, he is class and lifts the players around him. Problem is it feels like I have been saying that for the last 18 months, he is fair dinkum made of glass.

Really hard to argue that. Sturridge has been unlucky now, it isn't a muscular breakdown which is a good thing.

lolesi

First Grade
Great points already by everyone which I agree with. I think the comment I agree with most is the fact we have absolutely no structure and it looks like 11 strangers all just having a dig.

Nothing we do is fluid, we are so stop start it's hard to watch at times.

Milner is just so meh. Cb, being a fellow sharks man, he reminds me of Robson. Try's hard and gets through a lot of work but offers nothing. Still gets the plaudits though of so many. Frustrating.

cb4

First Grade
In our last 9 games, we have had 8 draws. 7 of them 1-1, 6 we have been leading 1-0. Can't close a game out.

In our last 18 games we have scored more than one goal once, 3-2 v Villa.

The other game was a goalless draw v Tottenham.

The point I want to make, is 300mil and he don't have a midfield or a set piece taker.

cb4

First Grade
We've won 4 out of our last 21 games in all competitions.

In 19 out of those 21 games, we've scored 1 goal or none at all.

We've won 1 game in the last 11 matches where we've faced the likes of Sion, Carlisle, Norwich, Rubin Kazan, Bordeaux and Aston Villa.

In that run, we've had pathetic defeats to Villa, Stoke, Palace, United and West Ham. We've taken the lead then lost it in less than 15 minutes to Bordeaux, Norwich, Sion, Everton and Southampton.

We barely create any chance at all, opposition keepers never have to make a save against us and we are incapable of holding on to a lead.

We have an absolutely lopsided squad, with no pace in attacking midfield, no creativity in central midfield, no threat from set pieces and no stardust what so ever.

Our problems may not be that big. They could actually be a lot worse.

This is a massive rebuilding job he's got on his hands. The biggest any Liverpool manager has had since we were in Division 2.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Gee its makes for such grim reading cb, this is the legacy left by Rodgers and why it was such a stupid decision to not get rid of at the end of last season.

The players need time to adapt to Klopp and doing it on the run mid season is not ideal at all. The money we spent in the off season was big again and I'd live to see what Klopp would've done with it. The owners and Rodgers need to put their hands up for the state of the side at the moment. Thankfully the fan base look like affording Klopp as much time as he needs to sort us out.

No Midfield, one good defender and an injury prone strike force is what Br got us into and IMO it's going to take 3 windows to fix it.

cb4

First Grade
Depends. If they give Klopp money in January and then big money next summer I have no doubt he will get it right.

But the state of the team is disastrous.

Speaking of Rodgers, he is linked to the Villa job. Reckon he comes in for Joe, Lovren and Lallana if he gets any job?

saint.nick

Coach
Our attack needs to be a priority for recruitment and selling. I believe that our defence has only one true weak link, which is Skrtel. A lot of our goal concessions come down to individual brain fades, and a bit more attention paid to our defenders by the coaching staff can hopefully rectify that.

Our piss poor attack leads to pressure on our defence. We huff and puff- actually no- we whistle and chirp (since we're so innocuous), the opposition soaks up the pressure, we give the ball away, and they go and score a goal off the back of much more confident and structured build up, and us fans just sit there and wonder "why the f**k can't we do that?!"

I thought Klopp would have a decent team to work with, but I've been wrong in the sense that he doesn't have a good balance to work with, which I think I underestimated. I think a lot of our players have enough individual quality, but the squad is disastrously unbalanced. How a team of professional 'experts' saw logic in stockpiling central attacking mids, but virtually no wingers, mystifies me. I am also mystified at how Rodgers thought he could create a lethal attacking team without any width. It's no coincidence that he's narrow-minded.

In saying all of this, our attacking confidence has been zapped for a long while now. Players either don't listen to their instinct, or actually have no instinct dictating who to release the ball to, when to release the ball, how to release the ball, and when to shoot. Some of them don't even know how to pass to their team mates' feet; some of them don't even know how to get a good first touch. I see Origi receive the ball, attempt a pass to a team mate directly in front of him, f**k it up, and I just wonder, "how can it be that f**king hard for player at this level :crazy: "

Then you have f***ing Coutinho who seems incapable of learning any lessons. His game time since Stoke has been defined by losing possession and an obsession with attempting long range goals. He does this in every f**king form slump. He should have no complaints that he's not in the Brazil squad.

And I'm sorry but I just don't get that recent hype around Lallana. What the f**k did he do apart from run around a lot? His goal and assist return is absolutely pitiful. 1 assist in 38 hours, 1 goal in 22 hours.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
I think there is a little more to our defensive problems that first thought. Not only Skrtel. But depth.

We have no fullbacks to call upon if one gets injured, or needs a rest. I do agree with everything you have said though Nick, and I will respond in full when I am in front of my PC on my real concerns and issues with the team.

saint.nick

Coach
I think there is a little more to our defensive problems that first thought. Not only Skrtel. But depth.

We have no fullbacks to call upon if one gets injured, or needs a rest. I do agree with everything you have said though Nick, and I will respond in full when I am in front of my PC on my real concerns and issues with the team.

True, but I believe we need to tackle the attacking issues of the first team before we tackle the depth issues of the defence.

Looking forward to that post though!

cb4

First Grade
True, but I believe we need to tackle the attacking issues of the first team before we tackle the depth issues of the defence.

Looking forward to that post though!

OK, here is my post on moving forward.

Right now, it is evident that Klopp is going to play a 4-2-3-1 to get the best out of his pressing, problem is, we don't have the players for this at the moment.
In fact, we don't have the players for any kind of system, apart from 1-0 wins, maybe nicking a second. And even then, our defense is crap, and our attack doesn't have the capability to score goals. Brutal facts.

Starting in each position, Goalkeeper, I dont think we need an immediate upgrade on Migs. We will be on a stingy budget in January and money can be saved. Unless Loris Karius is availble for cheap in January (he is the Mainz keeper.)

LB, Moreno doesn't cut it for me. He is so attacking focused that he is constantly chasing his tail to get back. That tackle on Mane, whilst being brilliant, didn't need to happen. Good fullbacks who attack, track back, and he doesn't do it. When the play switches, he stays up near the 18 yard box, instead of hedging back to the half way.
Mattia De Sciglio is the one I want, but maybe too expensive in January. Oscar Wendt is a cheap alternative.

Sakho, is an absolute main stay.

Skrtle needs to be binned. Benedikt Howedes is rumoured to be availble for 12mil. If Klopp is willing to go to Dortmund, then Sokoratis is the one I want. It's a shame we never took a punt on Papadopolous, he is the best header in Europe. Would be perfect next to Sakho.

I am not sold on Clyne either. Needs to have direct competition. Ideally, I have always wanted Piszczek, but the Dortmund thing. Atsuto Uchida is a very defensive minded fullback, puts great competition on Clyne.

The defensive side of things getting shored up, takes direct pressure off our midfield.

The midfield needs a drastic overhaul. This is where I think we have been let down for god knows how long, and there are 2 things that have made this harder for us.
Captain and Vice captain.

I am a huge fan of Henderson, he is a very good player, but not making Sakho captain, means we can't upgrade Henderson. He will always be there.
So we need a deep lying defensive midfielder who is able to create, register, break up play, and score about 6-7 goals. Not too much to ask?
Gundogan and Matuidi are the 2 ideal candidates. Ruben Neves is a very good option to have learning from them.
None of those would be available in January. And for depth purposes, I would be getting ahead of Southampton by January and asking them for Wanyama. None will happen.

Wide players. Coutinho is capable of playing left and going central, Firmino is capable of playing central and going left. Timo Werner is the one for me, along with Kevin Volland. Werner has a release clause of (rumoured) 9 Mil, and Volland would be about 25. Volland can also play striker, and can lead from the front.
Leroy Mane is another I would be after, smoke would be Mario Suarez.

Striker. Keeping Benteke, Ings and Sturridge, and if we can get Werner annd Volland we will be killing it.

Ideally, upgrading every position can happen by next Summers TW, but there will need to be players leaving.

I also believe we need a genuine, f**k off Marquee player. I have asked for a Gundogan or a Matuidi, but higher. Rues, Robben (although aging) or, dare to dream, bring back Suarez, if you really want to re-unite a fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.