What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint.nick

Coach
I'm no physio expert but I can't help but agree too. He seems to let any little kind of knock set him back at least 4 weeks. It's insane. How can you allow your body any chance to develop some kind of robust resistance to knocks when you never play through the injuries?

cb4

First Grade
I'm no physio expert but I can't help but agree too. He seems to let any little kind of knock set him back at least 4 weeks. It's insane. How can you allow your body any chance to develop some kind of robust resistance to knocks when you never play through the injuries?

It just depends mate. Even the most innocuous knocks can be damaging.

I was at a training session and a guy got kicked in the lower leg, just above the ankle. The damage from a small kick was incredible.

A knee class is very dangerous, and can have severe damage to both parties, the better part of the story is Ibe is ok.

The precaution being used on Sturridge is simple, we are 10 games into the season, and under a new regime in management.
We know what Sturridge can do. Klopp and his team will get him right. Same as Benteke.

People are using the "Suarez used to play through knocks" to slander Sturridge, but the difference in the cases are huge.

The genetic make up of both players are completely different, they have different body shapes, and their movements are completely different.
Sturridge injuries have also been muscular, and quadriceps are incredibly difficult to heal.
The best case I have seen on this is Triple H the wrestle, back in 99 tore his quad and had multiple surgeries.
The head of the quad is a very tender muscle and any tear in it can be of significant damage.

Where as, a hamstring or calf can be fixed with intense physio and stretching.

Suarez also never copped a bad injury, just defenders his him for being a pest. There is a huge difference between a cork and a knee clash.

On the game this morning, Firmino showed why he is a worldy, and Texeira, my god, this kid can play. I would happily seen Lallana binned to get him more game time.

And, young RB Connor Randall made his debut. Fantastic. Cam Brannagan also got a game, and Clyne got off the mark.

All in all, the improvement is happening.

saint.nick

Coach
I think it was much improved. The team actually tried to play with some verve and dare. That's the most confident that Ibe is has looked in a long time. No way he would have tried that Thierry Henry pass under Rodgers.

I was hugely impressed by Texeira.

Brannagan didn't do as much, but he's much much younger and it's his first ever *real* top-flight game.

Origi again wasn't that impressive. He might show a flash of something maybe once every game, but every other time he just gives the ball away or doesn't provide himself as a useful outlet to score goals with.

Allen just doesn't do it for me. Slows everything down.

Randall struggled in first half but came out in the second a lot better IMO.

Klopp apparently said Benteke will play against Chelsea.

As for Sturridge, I'll go with your judgement mate, it's just that to someone uneducated like me, it was easy to suspect that Danny might be a bit soft, but perhaps not.

cb4

First Grade
Soft is a harsh word. A person who uses explosive speed and power is more prone to muscular injuries. Some of those injuries can be painful, the rehab process can be terrible.

You have to remember that Studge had quad problems, then his hip gave out. Surgery on a hip is not pleasant. I will hold back my thoughts on the hip/quad injuries last season.

But you have to understand the mindset of an injured athlete, or one coming off a bad injury. They take something like a knee clash and will use a lot of precaution. It maybe a mental thing.

People comparing Suarez and Sturridge are mad.

Suarez played with a broken hand, and sometimes would re-break it every game, but that was not an injury to his legs, and it stopped him diving.

I fully back the precaution we are taking with him this early in the season. The risk/reward is we get him right, ease him back in without smashing him and get him firing for January and the back half of the season.

With Sturridge, I would also be limiting him to PL games only. No COC, no FA, and bench in Europa home games. I wouldn't send him to a farm in Russia or Sweden.

He can come off the bench if we need a goal, otherwise, stay seated my friend.

saint.nick

Coach
Yeah good points.

In hindsight after listening to a professional like you, soft is a harsh word to use.

-How did his hip just easily give out like that?

-If Sturridge really wanted to, would he be able to play through his current knee injury? This knee injury seems totally unrelated to the problem he had surgery on, so it must just be shit luck?

-Is that why Suarez always wears a strap around his hand?

-Are you also implying that his hip and quad were mismanaged last season?

cb4

First Grade
Your hips go due to a range of things. With athletes, ankles go, when the ankles are weak, knees go, when the knees are whacked, hips go.

With Sturridge, he had knee issues, but he always looked like his muscular shape never diminished, meaning he had very good genetics enabling him to keep the density of muscles.
The strength was probably missing though.

I would say the knee wasn't fully fit, and the quad wasn't strong enough, causing his hip to go.

I heard his hip went against United last year at home, walking up stairs, and he slipped. Freak accident, but the stability of the muscles and knee joints weren't where they needed to be.

Negligence? Maybe. Rushing him back to save Rodgers job. Probably. Mentally weak? No, probably just mentally fragile. I am surprised clubs don't employ sports psychologists for players going through injury problems.

There is another player on our books going through the same thing, Jon Flannagan.

Suarez wore the strap for his hand and wrist. Eventually it became a superstition.

NBA player Rip Hamilton wore a face mask when he didn't need it, because he had a bad game without it.

saint.nick

Coach
Don't Liverpool already employ a sports psychologist?

I can see how the hip would have gone at the stair case. His knee and/or quad may have buckled walking up the stairs after already being put through stress in the game. Kinda like how you struggle to walk down stairs after doing a high volume leg workout in the gym.

So, with Sturridge, he had quad surgery in the summer right? And after that it should be all systems go as far as his quad is concerned? Has the knee issue always been another lingering but less serious issue?

lolesi

First Grade
Completely agree re: sturridge only playing PL games. No need to risk him for anything else !!

Didn't see the game today, only read the reports but really encouraging to hear about firmo!! Hopefully he can take that confidence into the Chelsea game. Would love to have him playing behind Ben from the first minute, would make a huge difference not only on the game, but I believe psychology.

Would be sweet to beat Chelsea, so ever sweet

cb4

First Grade
Very interesting read on the Liverpool Echo about Alberto Moreno. Apparently his English is very bad and Lucas is his translator.
He is now taking English lessons 4 times a week.

Also says how Rodgers never spoke to him, but Klopp speaks to him all the time and see's him as his left back.
All of this screams to me that our coaching will be completely overhauled. I am genuinely excited to be an LFC fan again.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
That was Rodgers worst trait was his pathetic Man management, highlighted so many times by the way he'd buy a player then completely alienate them by not playing them at all. Doesn't surprise me one little bit.

cb4

First Grade
If Klopp genuinely see's Moreno as our left back then I think we will be getting a defensive coach. The writing is on the wall there.

Interested in peoples thoughts here, but I was recently having beers with some friends and we did a face off.

So the rumour is, FSG will allocate 40million for Klopp to strengthen the team in January.

We broke it down to 2 players, you have to sign a 25million pound player, and a 15million pound player.

The for added fun, you had to sell 3 (for realistic prices) to fun the move for a third player.

I would be interested to hear your idea's on who you would buy, and who you would sell.

saint.nick

Coach
That liverpool rumours page reckons we need to sell to buy, apparently to avoid FFP risk. They say FFP has gone a lot more lenient so I have no idea what the actual situation is.

Do they have to be realistically obtainable players?

cb4

First Grade
FFP is very lenient. Inter were in shit, got fined and brought Kondogbia.

Realistic yes, I tried to avoid clubs in Europe.

saint.nick

Coach
I seriously don't know who to buy in January that's also realistic :lol: I need to do research on that.

Good to know that the LFC Supporters Committee had a meeting with the owners and club management before the Soton game to talk about how shit the atmosphere is. Their primary argument is that tickets are not accessible enough to younger people, meaning an ageing, regular Anfield crowd who get more lazy and more complacent with making noise as each year goes by. On facebook they showed a photo demonstrating the stark difference in age demographic between fans standing outside Anfield in the 80's, and today. Amazing.

If the Anfield atmosphere were to genuinely improve then it needs a lot more young people, and it needs more flexible seat allocation, so people can sit with their mates. And for a cherry on top, all-standing sections would bring an even bigger buzz. A lot of LFC fans instantly shudder at the thought because of Hillsborough, but the safety standards these days are infinitely better. Dortmund manage one whole all-standing tier holding 25000 people just fine.

lolesi

First Grade
Buy: Subotic & I might get laughed at for this but: Bolasie
Bolasie speed and drive down a flank with the likes of Big Ben and sturridge in the middle could be immense and he wouldn't be massive $$
Let me think of a third !

Sell: Lovren, Enrique, Allen

cb4

First Grade
Good options.
Trying to find a RCB not in Europe was hard.

I went Howedes even though he is cup tied. Apparently a 12 mil release in the summer so offering 15 in Jan may get it over the line.

Kevin Volland was my 25mil player. Trigger the release clause now.

Sell Allen, Lallana and Lovren. Buy Asier Illaramendi

Status
Not open for further replies.